Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,118 members, 7,811,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Kuda Bank Vs Rubies Bank: Which Should You Be Using And Why? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Kuda Bank Vs Rubies Bank: Which Should You Be Using And Why? (5176 Views)

Kuda: Nigerians Claim To Have Been Locked Out Of Their Kuda Bank Accounts / Kuda Bank Is Good / Twitter Ban: What VPN Are You Using And Location? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kuda Bank Vs Rubies Bank: Which Should You Be Using And Why? by iammagnus(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2019
[img][/img]

We would be looking at Onboarding, Usability and the key features you would need in a banking app.

Let’s get started.

Overview
Kudabank looks like a work in progress. I say this because I was one of the first beta testers earlier this year. Rubies, on the other hand, looks like all the major features of the product have been rolled out. Rubies also has some cool reviews on Google “My business” – 4.8 rating with 25 reviews. It’s surprising because it looks like no one is dissatisfied with the product or company.

They are also both registered banks. KudaBank was initially called Kudimoney but it rebranded in 2019 and obtained CBN banking license. Rubies is the digital banking platform of Highstreet Microfinance Bank. Highstreet is a licenced Microfinance Bank in Nigeria. Rubies offer 100% digital, zero-fee banking and offer support for young professionals, artisans, SMEs, businesses, communities and groups, and FINTECHs.

Registration
Rubies let you choose your account number during registration. You can literally pick a 10 digit number as your account number. The registration process would take 2 minutes or thereabout. Also, you are not required to enter your BVN during registration. You can do that later when you want to upgrade your account.

KudaBank’s registration takes 4 minutes or thereabout, you’ll be asked for your number, email, state and even street name. Your BVN is requested on the registration page but you are not required to fill it during registration. You can skip it.

Rubies Bank wins this round

Identification
This part happens when you need to carry out heavy transactions or use other “extra” features on both platforms. It’s a government rule. You have to add a government-issued ID and your BVN to remove limits from your account.

KudaBank requests your BVN, any government-issued ID Card and the ID Number.
Rubies Bank requests your basic details, any government-issued ID, Utility bill and Signature.

KudaBank wins this round.

Usability
I had mentioned Rubies Bank looks like all its features have been completed. This is a good thing but the too many features are uncategorized so “pay bills” has airtime, Mobile data etc in it. Then there is another “Airtime” feature, “Data” feature somewhere in the app and you have to swipe twice to get to them. It also took a minute to find the “Change Password” and “Upgrade Account” features. You won’t find them when you go to “Profile”.

KudaBank is categorized. Payments like transfers, Airtime and bill payment are under “Payments”, FAQs, Security, Profile and other things are in “More”. Makes them easy to find.

KudaBank wins this round, easily.

Key Features
Let’s start with KudaBank. You can send and receive money, initiate cardless withdrawals, pay bills, create budgets, block a card, transfer to other banks for free 25 times per month, invite your friends and earn more, generate account statements and chat with the support team… all within the app alone. For security reasons, the app does not let you take screenshots.

Rubies Bank is Loaded. You can receive and send money for N21. Request money from anyone, Buy airtime and data, pay bills, generate account statement, independent banker (create bank accounts for customers by inviting them and you earn when they carry out a transaction), API support for FINTECHs and SMEs. It also has a Money Market where you can buy treasury bills, invest and give and request loans.

Who wins this part for you?

Full Article: https://iammagnus.com/2019/12/kuda-bank-vs-rubies-bank.html

Re: Kuda Bank Vs Rubies Bank: Which Should You Be Using And Why? by does3(m): 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
Okay, although I'm just hearing about kuda. upon referring people on rubies what are the benefits I tend to gain.
Re: Kuda Bank Vs Rubies Bank: Which Should You Be Using And Why? by goldr8(m): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Kuda still wins. It's not by having features but by having workable features.

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Vs Rubies Bank: Which Should You Be Using And Why? by Lawrencestix(m): 2:18am On Mar 31, 2020
Kuda my fav bank for now everything is absolutely free fast response from customer care free atm card n referrals bonuses..

3 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Vs Rubies Bank: Which Should You Be Using And Why? by augustine128: 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
Rubies for me cos their services is so sweet and flawless.
Re: Kuda Bank Vs Rubies Bank: Which Should You Be Using And Why? by ibawon(m): 12:10am On Feb 06, 2021
For over 3 days Rubbies bank has not been able to make transfers to other account, 3 good days
Kuda charges ₦10 per transaction
Rubbies charges ₦20.
Kuda Gives Refferal bonuses
Rubbies will see you later
Kuda Gives 25-40 free transfers per month
Rubbies is a no no

(1) (Reply)

A Complete P4 Computer System With Flatscreen Monitor 4 Sale 20k / Cheap Apple Iphone Deals!!! Buy Now / Mikrotik Wireless Mesh For Large Hotspot, Camp Grounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.