Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,410 members, 7,846,740 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord (519 Views)

How God Saved Me From The Hands Of Bandits On My Way To Abuja / I Spot Some Boys With A Beautiful Owl Bird On My Way To Work Today / Pastor Ephraim Ononye: "I Healed A Mad Man On My Way To Onitsha" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
I have fallen short of God's glory many times.. I can't even remember the last time I went to church or sincerely prayed.

Sometimes, I seem not to believe in the existence of God, cause I feel if he existed he won't allow this world to fall into ruin all it is.

I know my weakness but can't seem to overcome them. I want to be closer to God before entering 2020, I want to serve him truly and be closer to him.

Some would tell me to go to church but churches these days only preach about worldly possessions and not Grace or serving God.
Kindly drop your advice that could be of help to me. Thanks
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Ladylite: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
Omittesb:
I have fallen short of God's glory many times.. I can't even remember the last time I went to church or sincerely prayed.

Sometimes, I seem not to believe in the existence of God, cause I feel if he existed he won't allow this world to fall into ruin all it is.

I know my weakness but can't seem to overcome them. I want to be closer to God before entering 2020, I want to serve him truly and be closer to him.

Some would tell me to go to church but churches these days only preach about worldly possessions and not Grace or serving God.

Well I can refer you to jesusjnr, he can proffer answers for you
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ladylite:

alright
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ladylite:

Thanks sis. I hope you're good.

God has the answer to every problem, and this is likely the best problem God loves to answer, as it has to do with someone's desire to draw closer to Him.

So I expect that God wouldn't hesitate to give him the answers he seeks.

First of @Omittesb, I think you'd need to vacate the position of boss over your life, for God to become the new Boss of your life, as that's essential for you to become that which you desire. So maybe your signature needs a little modification.

There's nothing that pleases me more than to see someone have such a desire to draw closer to his Creator, cause that's a very good step to getting there.

I would take that as willingness because that's and essential first step to being obedient. Once you have the willingness, you have something for God to work with.

Next, you should earnestly ask God to help you become obedient to Him, that you're willing, and I believe He would.

What I have just told you is what worked for me, because when I was willing to walk with God at the level I now do, but didn't have the ability to do so, I asked God to help me. And He did, because now I am every single thing I dreamed to become for Him.

So God made all my dreams come true and He can do the same for you.

I hope you don't mind if i say a little prayer for you:

Father, I present your son before you. He said he desires to draw closer to you, so I ask Father that you grant him his desire as You did mine. I believe you've heard me. Thanks Lord. In Jesus name. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
jesusjnr:
Thanks sis. I hope you're good.

God has the answer to every problem, and this is likely the best problem God loves to answer, as it has to do with someone's desire to draw closer to Him.

So I expect that God wouldn't hesitate to give him the answers he seeks.

First of @Omittesb, I think you need to vacate the position of the boss over your life, and let God become your new Boss, for that's essential for you to become that which you desire. So maybe your signature needs a little modification.

There's nothing that pleases me more than to see someone have such a desire to draw closer to his Creator, cause that's a very good step to getting there.

I would take that as willingness because that's and essential first step to being obedient. Once you have the willingness, you have something for God to work with.

Next, you should earnestly ask God to help you become obedient to Him, that you're willing, and I believe He would.

What I have just told you is what worked for me, because when I was willing to walk with God at the level I now do, but didn't have the ability to do so, I asked God to help me. And He did, because now I am every single thing I dreamed to become for Him.

So God made all my dreams come true and He can do the same for you.

I hope you don't mind if i say a little prayer for you:

Father, I present your son before you. He said he desires to draw closer to you, so I ask Father that you grant him his desire as You did mine. I believe you've heard me. Thanks Lord. In Jesus name. Amen.

Thank you for the kind words and prayer. I would try and put what you laid out in practice

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Finallydead: 6:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
Dear Omittesb
Your challenge now should not be going to church. As you have already Indicated, that of today, generally, has been compromised. What you need is a real encounter with God to reignite your love for Him, for that has grown cold. It is only by grace you can serve God acceptably, not the empty grace that some presume knowledge of in their convincing, flamboyant words, that cannot overcome sin and the flesh, but the grace found in the presence of God which gives liberty from all bondage to sin and the flesh, no matter which it is(Heb 4:16). Be wary also, of those who would advise you to join their camp or denomination to get the help you need, as there are all kinds today, most adding problems instead of solutions. But the sure way, devoid of regret, is to learn how to receive grace from the Throne by yourself, as God has given all this privilege. The real question is how important is recovering your relationship with God to you. Is it important enough, for you to pay ANY price within your power? Then ask what the price is and we could talk. God stands at the end of your effort, hoping you would persevere through the obstacles, and join Him in the Bliss of Love Divine. But would you?

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by CaptMarvel(m): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
Omittesb:

stop looking at your weakness, look unto God for strength. Dedicate some minutes or hour to meet with God daily. Even those you're looking at up there didn't get there in a day and some are still even fighting "a torn in the flesh", so don't give up.
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Ihedinobi3: 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Omittesb:

Hello there.

Your desire is very good and very commendable. Your assessment of churches today is also right on.

Like the prodigal son, many of us go into the far country and estrange ourselves from the Lord. But also like him, we can always return to Him and receive His Mercy and restoration of fellowship. To do that, first we confess our sins, then we commit (or recommit, as the case may be) ourselves to growing spiritually and bearing fruit for the Lord.

In your case, it seems to me as if spiritual growth is something you will actually be starting for the first time, so let me explain to you what it is:

Spiritual growth is learning all the Truth in the Bible, believing it, and applying it to your life (Jude 1:20-21; 2 Peter 1:3-9; John 15:1-8; Ephesians 4:11-16). This is accomplished not just by reading the Bible and praying, but especially by submitting to a pastor-teaching ministry that you have tested and proved reliable. The reason for this is that we can only understand the whole realm of biblical truth by listening to a gifted and prepared pastor-teacher and believing what he tells us. To identify such a teacher, we compare what they teach to what we read in the Bible. If it differs from the Bible, then they are not good to listen to. If it agrees with what the Bible says, then they are good to listen to (cf. Acts 17:11). It is wise to reserve trust initially while testing the ministry to see whether it stays true to the Bible in all things. That is not to say that a worthy pastor-teaching ministry will be perfect or that you will be able to appreciate everything it teaches as a biblical doctrine at first contact, but it is certainly to say that you should take the time first to see where the ministry is going before committing to following it.

The aim of spiritual growth is spiritual maturity (Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Corinthians 2:6). At this point, we begin to become able to use our unique spiritual gifts to help others who will accept our help either to come to faith in Jesus Christ or to grow spiritually too and also help even more others to do the same.

This is really what the Lord leaves believers on earth to do. That is what our eternal rewards are for. If we are diligent to grow spiritually, mature, endure the tests of maturity, and bear lasting fruit for the Lord, then we will win a full eternal reward (the three eternal crowns of righteousness, life, and glory) at the Second Advent. If we are not, then we may win one or two or none at all, depending how far we choose to go with our duties to the Lord here on Earth.

To be sure, very many believers today, the vast majority in fact, are not bothering with spiritual growth at all. Very few are willing to submit to a pastor-teacher who is gifted and prepared to teach the Truth. Many want to hear exactly what you complain that churches are wasting their time on. This is why it is so difficult to find a worthy pastor-teacher: no one wants to hear them, so they are usually not where you would expect a pastor-teacher to be, namely, in a brick-and-mortar church. They are often "out in the wilderness" where those who are sick of the madness in churches can find them if they choose to look for them.

I encourage you to consider submitting to one such ministry. I can suggest two to you, but you may find another that may be better suited to you. Feel free to go wherever the Spirit leads you. The important thing is to commit to learning all the biblical truth that you can learn while alive from any worthy source that the Lord brings you to. The two are https://ichthys.com and www.bibleacademyonline.com. The first is where I studied and under which I am training to become a full-fledged pastor-teacher. The second is worthy too.

Let me assure you that the Bible is a vast world of truth that will surprise you to explore. The things you will learn when you choose to go that route will clear up many of the questions that bother you and turn your apathy into raging zeal for the Lord. Learning about the Lord and His Eternal Plan for us is something nothing quite prepares you for. In my experience, tomes written about it are devoured like no man's business just for how incredibly interesting it all is. Some things you learn will be nothing like what you expect, but if you give it the benefit of the doubt, you will be very handsomely rewarded with a clearly defined system of Truth that will make life clear as crystal to you.

I hope that you will take advantage of this amazing blessing that the Lord has given to the Church in pastor-teachers. It is wholly your choice whether to do so or not.
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
Omittesb:

Thank you for the kind words and prayer. I would try and put what you laid out in practice
Thank God bro. I am honored to serve His purpose.

God bless.
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 19, 2019
Finallydead:
Dear Omittesb
Your challenge now should not be going to church. As you have already Indicated, that of today, generally, has been compromised. What you need is a real encounter with God to reignite your love for Him, for that has grown cold. It is only by grace you can serve God acceptably, not the empty grace that some presume knowledge of in their convincing, flamboyant words, that cannot overcome sin and the flesh, but the grace found in the presence of God which gives liberty from all bondage to sin and the flesh, no matter which it is(Heb 4:16). Be wary also, of those who would advise you to join their camp or denomination to get the help you need, as there are all kinds today, most adding problems instead of solutions. But the sure way, devoid of regret, is to learn how to receive grace from the Throne by yourself, as God has given all this privilege. The real question is how important is recovering your relationship with God to you. Is it important enough, for you to pay ANY price within your power? Then ask what the price is and we could talk. God stands at the end of your effort, hoping you would persevere through the obstacles, and join Him in the Bliss of Love Divine. But would you?

An eager to become His son again, even now my mind is telling me that am not serious but within my heart I want to really serve God..
Can you believe that most times I take decisions to abstain from immoral sins that led me astray but will still go back to it after few days.. I truly want my life to be whole again and filled with God's spirit.
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 19, 2019
CaptMarvel:
stop looking at your weakness, look unto God for strength. Dedicate some minutes or hour to meet with God daily. Even those you're looking at up there didn't get there in a day and some are still even fighting "a torn in the flesh", so don't give up.

it really saddens me that I can't give up worldly desires easily, after going to adorations and praying wholeheartedly to God, I would come back to resume from where I stopped sinning. I don't know if it's my love for worldly pleasures is consuming me alot.. I really need to be free
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 19, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Hello there.

Your desire is very good and very commendable. Your assessment of churches today is also right on.

Like the prodigal son, many of us go into the far country and estrange ourselves from the Lord. But also like him, we can always return to Him and receive His Mercy and restoration of fellowship. To do that, first we confess our sins, then we commit (or recommit, as the case may be) ourselves to growing spiritually and bearing fruit for the Lord.

In your case, it seems to me as if spiritual growth is something you will actually be starting for the first time, so let me explain to you what it is:

Spiritual growth is learning all the Truth in the Bible, believing it, and applying it to your life (Jude 1:20-21; 2 Peter 1:3-9; John 15:1-8; Ephesians 4:11-16). This is accomplished not just by reading the Bible and praying, but especially by submitting to a pastor-teaching ministry that you have tested and proved reliable. The reason for this is that we can only understand the whole realm of biblical truth by listening to a gifted and prepared pastor-teacher and believing what he tells us. To identify such a teacher, we compare what they teach to what we read in the Bible. If it differs from the Bible, then they are not good to listen to. If it agrees with what the Bible says, then they are good to listen to (cf. Acts 17:11). It is wise to reserve trust initially while testing the ministry to see whether it stays true to the Bible in all things. That is not to say that a worthy pastor-teaching ministry will be perfect or that you will be able to appreciate everything it teaches as a biblical doctrine at first contact, but it is certainly to say that you should take the time first to see where the ministry is going before committing to following it.

The aim of spiritual growth is spiritual maturity (Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Corinthians 2:6). At this point, we begin to become able to use our unique spiritual gifts to help others who will accept our help either to come to faith in Jesus Christ or to grow spiritually too and also help even more others to do the same.

This is really what the Lord leaves believers on earth to do. That is what our eternal rewards are for. If we are diligent to grow spiritually, mature, endure the tests of maturity, and bear lasting fruit for the Lord, then we will win a full eternal reward (the three eternal crowns of righteousness, life, and glory) at the Second Advent. If we are not, then we may win one or two or none at all, depending how far we choose to go with our duties to the Lord here on Earth.

To be sure, very many believers today, the vast majority in fact, are not bothering with spiritual growth at all. Very few are willing to submit to a pastor-teacher who is gifted and prepared to teach the Truth. Many want to hear exactly what you complain that churches are wasting their time on. This is why it is so difficult to find a worthy pastor-teacher: no one wants to hear them, so they are usually not where you would expect a pastor-teacher to be, namely, in a brick-and-mortar church. They are often "out in the wilderness" where those who are sick of the madness in churches can find them if they choose to look for them.

I encourage you to consider submitting to one such ministry. I can suggest two to you, but you may find another that may be better suited to you. Feel free to go wherever the Spirit leads you. The important thing is to commit to learning all the biblical truth that you can learn while alive from any worthy source that the Lord brings you to. The two are https://ichthys.com and www.bibleacademyonline.com. The first is where I studied and under which I am training to become a full-fledged pastor-teacher. The second is worthy too.

Let me assure you that the Bible is a vast world of truth that will surprise you to explore. The things you will learn when you choose to go that route will clear up many of the questions that bother you and turn your apathy into raging zeal for the Lord. Learning about the Lord and His Eternal Plan for us is something nothing quite prepares you for. In my experience, tomes written about it are devoured like no man's business just for how incredibly interesting it all is. Some things you learn will be nothing like what you expect, but if you give it the benefit of the doubt, you will be very handsomely rewarded with a clearly defined system of Truth that will make life clear as crystal to you.

I hope that you will take advantage of this amazing blessing that the Lord has given to the Church in pastor-teachers. It is wholly your choice whether to do so or not.

Thank you for your kind words.. I truly will apply what you said in my life, hopefully I will give my testimony someday.
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Finallydead: 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
Omittesb:

An eager to become His son again, even now my mind is telling me that am not serious but within my heart I want to really serve God..
Can you believe that most times I take decisions to abstain from immoral sins that led me astray but will still go back to it after few days.. I truly want my life to be whole again and filled with God's spirit.
I don't doubt your willingness but only wish to confirm it in your words. This is because only the truly determined can pay the price. PM me if you wish and we would begin conversation offline.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Finallydead: 6:26am On Dec 21, 2019
Omittesb:

Hi. I saw it. Did you see mine?
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 21, 2019
Omittesb:
All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory, all human righteousness no matter how sincere it is, is but a filthy rag before him. Humans have fallen from God.

God has already given this world to humans. The disasters and ruins you see today is because man is separated from God.

going to church, or trying to live right will not help you, All you need is Jesus, you need his righteousness not your own which is based on your works.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

After you receive Christ you can go ahead and pray to him to show you how you could serve him. And also endeavour to attend a good church for sound teaching, you can also read articles or watch YouTube about Jesus and the life of a believer, and then you would grow.
Re: I Need Help Finding My Way To The Lord by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2019
solite3:
All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory, all human righteousness no matter how sincere it is, is but a filthy rag before him. Humans have fallen from God.

God has already given this world to humans. The disasters and ruins you see today is because man is separated from God.

going to church, or trying to live right will not help you, All you need is Jesus, you need his righteousness not your own which is based on your works.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

After you receive Christ you can go ahead and pray for him to show you how you could serve him. And also endeavour to attend a good church for sound teaching, you can also read articles or watch YouTube about Jesus and the life of a believer, and then you would grow.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Revealed!!! How Pastor Chukwuemeka Odumeje Makes His Money (video) / Oyakhilome Knocks Pastors For Closing Churches Over Coronavirus / Those Who Claim To Be Matured Believers But Are Afraid Of Being Beheaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.