Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Skill Do I Need To Be A Database Administrator - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Skill Do I Need To Be A Database Administrator (1031 Views)

How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? / Not A Database / How To Display Record From A Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Skill Do I Need To Be A Database Administrator by Iwanttolearn: 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
Greetings to everybody,

I recently got a job that require changes in skill set, I will like people in the industry to enlighten me on skill set I need to be an excellent Database Administrator, putting it in mind that I will be working in an educational institution and my former job role was as a I.T support staff

Thanks in anticipation of your contribution
Re: What Skill Do I Need To Be A Database Administrator by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
you should know Oracle database very well and SQL database.

1 Like

Re: What Skill Do I Need To Be A Database Administrator by Sunnick(m): 9:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
you were employ for a job you had no skill for... wat a company/country?

1 Like

Re: What Skill Do I Need To Be A Database Administrator by Iwanttolearn: 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2019
Sunnick:
you were employ for a job you had no skill for... wat a company/country?

some of you guys like over sabi, it's an entry level job and I have the required skill, I'm just asking this question to know if there are other areas I need to explore apart from the normal running of queries, report generation and business intelligence but here you are trying to form Mr know all
Re: What Skill Do I Need To Be A Database Administrator by noob03saibot(m): 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hi! How has the job been so far? What and what do we need to competent in for us to be very good at this role? Reason why I ask is, I am considering getting into it

(1) (Reply)

My First Android App (photos) / Learn HTML - HTML Training & Tutorials For Complete Beginners / Please Fellow Devs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.