Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. (3877 Views)

Men,Please leave people's wives alone! / Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age / Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by seanblaise(m): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2019
Over the years, there has been this notion that broke guys should not be in relationship and I think this has to start applying to women.
There is no romance without finance. This has been a cliche that has been used by the female folk for quite a while and in all sincerity, it is the truth. Every relationship, be it marriage or courtship or boy/girl romance needs money to drive those exciting moments that makes the relationship memorable.
Being broke is relative. It means different things to different people. There is no universal benchmark to ascertain a certain level of financial freedom that can be classified as being financially stable. For instance, lady A can decide to marry a guy who earns 100k, and to her, that guy is financially stable while lady B can decide to have nothing to do with a guy who earns less than 500k per month.
That said, I think it is only right for guys to also demand financial stability from thier partner before dating or marriage. Everyone has priorities and relationship needs and I think it is not wise to date anyone (male or female) who has money issues. Just as girls curve "broke guys" guys must also curve broke girls. That is not to say all broke guys should be curved. There are some guys who are ambitious and hardworking but they are yet to achieve that financial freedom. To this group of guys, ladies should learn how to stick with them because thier breakthrough is juat by the corner.
So guys, dont date or marry any lady who sees you as key to financial freedom or stability. In a relationship, both parties are meant to benefit equally.
During sex, both parties enjoy it equally (although there is a school of thought that thinks women enjoy sex more than men), both parties should do house chores together, both parties should take care of the kids together and the woman should compliment her man financially.
Gracias.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by Amanee(f): 8:40am On Dec 21, 2019
Lol

Later you people will say you hate feminism

7 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by ednut1(m): 8:41am On Dec 21, 2019
Many nigerian men want to marry ladies they can control/ dependent on them. So they will still go for broke girls

4 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by seanblaise(m): 8:42am On Dec 21, 2019
Amanee:
smiley
Why you dey smile?
Are you a broke woman?
Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by seanblaise(m): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2019
ednut1:
Many nigerian men want to marry ladies they can control/ dependent on them. So they will still go for broke girls
There are some women that earn more than thier husbands and they still respect them. It boils down to character in that scenario.

11 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by ednut1(m): 8:46am On Dec 21, 2019
seanblaise:

There are some women that earn more than thier husbands and they still respect them. It boils down to character in that scenario.
i said many. No be this same 9ja men say they cant marry a career banker woman but prefer chilling jobs like teaching. Over 70% of 9ja men prefer broke women as they endure all kinds of shits

17 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by Amanee(f): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2019
seanblaise:

Why you dey smile?
Are you a broke woman?

Modified
Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by Amanee(f): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2019
ednut1:
i said many. No be this same 9ja men say they cant marry a career banker woman but prefer chilling jobs like teaching. Over 70% of 9ja men prefer broke women as they endure all kinds of shits

Nigerian men are confused no be today

11 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by MrFourSHIRTS: 8:50am On Dec 21, 2019
What's worse about being broke and arrogant? I remember the day GreatResearcher dragged one like that
Cc AwkaetitiBabe
Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by seanblaise(m): 8:50am On Dec 21, 2019
ednut1:
To those category of men, a teacher is financially stable. Financial stability is relatively. There are families who have a teacher as thier farther and thier mum is also a teacher and they are doing really well. There are also people who see bankers as poor people. To each his own.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by ednut1(m): 8:53am On Dec 21, 2019
Amanee:

Nigerian men are confused no be today
both gender are confused
Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by Saintmary(f): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2019
Amanee:
Lol

Later you people will say you hate feminism
They don't want feminists who are getting jobs, pushing their careers, buying cars and building houses, they want submissive women who will start popping babies after school.
Whatever, Whatever.

9 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by Amanee(f): 9:00am On Dec 21, 2019
ednut1:
both gender are confused

Women aren't actually, we always go for the strongest option, men want a lot and nothing at the same time

7 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by cerpvad(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2019
In my opinion and from experience, broke girls are better to date than the girls with financial independence. Some broke girls are hundred percent loyal sexually and in other ramifications. This is unlike several financially independent ladies who have tendency of undue control over you thereby instituting power struggle in the relationship

I have dumped a number of working class ladies as a result of the above reason. grin
seanblaise:
Over the years, there has been this notion that broke guys should not be in relationship and I think this has to start applying to women.
There is no romance without finance. This has been a cliche that has been used by the female folk for quite a while and in all sincerity, it is the truth. Every relationship, be it marriage or courtship or boy/girl romance needs money to drive those exciting moments that makes the relationship memorable.
Being broke is relative. It means different things to different people. There is no universal benchmark to ascertain a certain level of financial freedom that can be classified as being financially stable. For instance, lady A can decide to marry a guy who earns 100k, and to her, that guy is financially stable while lady B can decide to have nothing to do with a guy who earns less than 500k per month.
That said, I think it is only right for guys to also demand financial stability from thier partner before dating or marriage. Everyone has priorities and relationship needs and I think it is not wise to date anyone (male or female) who has money issues. Just as girls curve "broke guys" guys must also curve broke girls. That is not to say all broke guys should be curved. There are some guys who are ambitious and hardworking but they are yet to achieve that financial freedom. To this group of guys, ladies should learn how to stick with them because thier breakthrough is juat by the corner.
So guys, dont date or marry any lady who sees you as key to financial freedom or stability. In a relationship, both parties are meant to benefit equally.
During sex, both parties enjoy it equally (although there is a school of thought that thinks women enjoy sex more than men), both parties should do house chores together, both parties should take care of the kids together and the woman should compliment her man financially.
Gracias.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 21, 2019
MrFourSHIRTS:
What's worse about being broke and arrogant? I remember the day GreatRecher dragged one like that
You saying I'm arrogant and broke? Well being arrogant gives me d boldness not to sink low to beg others who have one brain like me for anything in my broke state. Hope I gave u d right answer?

6 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by LordKO(m): 9:08am On Dec 21, 2019
An ethically sound woman, whether or not she has money, will always remain superior to an ethically bankrupt woman who may hold key of the world's wealth (money and other material possessions).

One thing I've come to know about money/material oriented and conscious people (men and women) is that they hardly have what it takes to compete favorably when the same money/material possession is set as the ultimate criterion for relationship/marriage.

Personally, whatever reason that would make me to jettison an ethically sound woman, whether or not she has money, for an ethically bankrupt woman who may hold key of the world's wealth is beyond me and can't stand it.

Money can never define a sane person - its importance notwithstanding. Besides, it still remains one of the easiest things to acquire under normal circumstances. Many factors can make a resourceful woman financially incapacitated at any point in time, so evaluating her overall entity based on her financial standing isn't palatable at all.

It's an is abomination to equate intimate relationship with commercial business and no sane person will approach it in same manner.

13 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by MrFourSHIRTS: 9:10am On Dec 21, 2019
seanblaise:

Being broke is relative. It means different things to different people.
Gracias.
to top it, those girls who are quick to call men broke are from homes that would fit the description "dregs of the society". Their fathers doesn't even has a common motorcycle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by seanblaise(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2019
cerpvad:
In my opinion and from experience, broke girls are better to date than the girls with financial independence. Some broke girls are hundred percent loyal sexually and in other ramifications. This is unlike several financially independent ladies who have tendency of undue control over you thereby instituting power struggle in the relationship

I have dumped a number of working class ladies as a result of the above reason. grin
The ladies you dumped are a reflection of the greater percentage of women out there. You dont really get the point am trying to pass across. All am saying is that as you go about writing the qualities you want in a woman such as, obedience, respect, humility, hard working don't forget to include FINANCIAL FREEDOM because the list is incomplete with it. ���
Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by seanblaise(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2019
MrFourSHIRTS:
to top it, those girls who are quick to call men broke are from homes that would fit the description "dregs of the society". Their fathers doesn't even has a common motorcycle
Oga you still miss the point. Am not saying we should throw shades at women. In terms of relationships and romance, women are light years ahead of us the men. This is why a woman will stick with you for 20yrs and when you finally make it in life, you will hear her say "I saw something in you". The point I am trying to pass across is that as you venture into the business of relationships, look for women who have financial stability. Not when she needs to buy pant she will call you, when she is hungry she will call you, when she comes to your house she will open her hand for transport fare (as if she did home delivery for you). Please stay away from this kind of women.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by ImaIma1(f): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2019
Very important. She has to be earning too
Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by Geminita1(f): 10:46am On Dec 21, 2019
Notwithstanding, my money is mine and his for the family. If he wants me to co-provide then he has to co-birth our babies. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by zmpp(f): 11:49am On Dec 21, 2019
Saintmary:

They don't want feminists who are getting jobs, pushing their careers, buying cars and building houses, they want submissive women who will start popping babies after school.
Whatever, Whatever.

i wonder who told you that it is only feminists who are successful. i am not a feminist and i am successful and submissive

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 21, 2019
zmpp:

i wonder who told you that it is only feminists who are successful. i am not a feminist and i am successful and submissive

God i hate it when people especially women use this word, it's so degrading.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by seanblaise(m): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
Geminita1:
Notwithstanding, my money is mine and his for the family. If he wants me to co-provide then he has to co-birth our babies. cheesy
...and you have to co-donate the sperm!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by faithfull18(f): 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
Geminita1:
grin grin >: cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by cerpvad(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
I got your point bruh. I used to think in your direction of thought too. But my perspective currently is that I don't need my woman to be necessarily be the financial woman type. So far she has the physical and character specs I want in a woman, even if she is so poor as church rat, ẹ no concern me. I believe if I am financially strong and I love her, that is enough. My financial freedom is also her financial freedom.
seanblaise:

The ladies you dumped are a reflection of the greater percentage of women out there. You dont really get the point am trying to pass across. All am saying is that as you go about writing the qualities you want in a woman such as, obedience, respect, humility, hard working don't forget to include FINANCIAL FREEDOM because the list is incomplete with it. ���

3 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
zmpp:

. Nice response.
Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by seanblaise(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
cerpvad:
I got your point bruh. I used to think in your direction of thought too. But my perspective currently is that I don't need my woman to be necessarily be the financial woman type. So far she has the physical and character specs I want in a woman, even if she is so poor as church rat, ẹ no concern me. I believe if I am financially strong and I love her, that is enough. My financial freedom is also her financial freedom.
If she is poor but she is doing something about it thats fine. My problem lies with women who see dating or marriage as the escape route to financial freedom.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2019
You are advising that men should be dating only old/matured singles as most young girls are either students or under their parents like their male counterparts. Mbanu

seanblaise:
Gracias.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by MurderX: 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
Date/marry someone that you are financially compatible with. Don't roll with anyone that you consider to be broke.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by Saintmary(f): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
zmpp:

Not all feminists are successful, not all non-feminists are unsuccessful.
Submission means different things to different people.
Life is not that simple.
I was playing along to the posters black and white philosophy. Whatever you do with your life and marriage is of little influence over my life, so I don't have a problem with you.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. by cerpvad(m): 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2019
Bruh, though I don't support women who are lazy leeches, but t let's face the truth, marriage is covertly supposed to be an escape route from poverty for a woman, if she is from a poor home. Women by their nature are 'receivers' while men, by nature are givers. That is why you see a man buy a car for his wife and he is applauded for it. But let a woman buy a car for her husband, will the husband be applauded for that?

This why it is good for a lady to marry up but it could be a disaster if a guy marry up
seanblaise:

If she is poor but she is doing something about it thats fine. My problem lies with women who see dating or marriage as the escape route to financial freedom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Handle A Cheating Husband / Why Are Boys More Attracted To Their Mother And Girls Their Father? / 14 Truths About Married Life Nobody Will Ever Tell You About!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.