Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

Where The Hell Is Rymzo? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Where The Hell Is Rymzo? (683 Views)

Let's Talk About This Picture. What The Hell Was This Guy Thinking?!? / Davido Snobs The Hell Out Of Ceec In An Occassion.why Obo!!(video)� / Lady Blasts Flavour: "Repent Hell Is Real, Now You Sing Gospel Tomorrow Worldly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where The Hell Is Rymzo? by mantosa(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Churchill Sosa de Gusto, popularly known as Rymzo is a Nigerian born Reggae/Dancehall artist who took the music scene by storm with his hit single “Rock N Roll” in 2008. He was preeminent in the popularization of his genre, creating a unique Caribbean blend with African percussions that gave his sound a different kind of flavor that butted a lot of mediocres out of the scene with his coming. He was to release an album in 2015, controversially titled Take Mediocres Off The Stage. He was said to be arrogant by his peers, that may not be the case but nevertheless, he reserves the right to be. His lyrics are done in impeccable English, eliciting remarkable poeticism that can only be compared to the genius of Jesse Jagz Abaga.

Did I just say Genius? Yes, genius. Rymzo was and still is a genius. He knew from the outset that he is a different kind of musician and set out to distinguish himself from the crowd, a move that earned him the arrogant tag. Such has also been said of Jesse Jagz, but we all know that there is something in extraordinarily creative artists that make them chat separate causes from a gathering they think to be too populated with mediocres, reason why M.I, in one of his rap singles (Everything I Have Seen) opines that “genius is alone cos nobody understands him.” This aptly captures the true disposition of Rymzo. I have this strong feeling that he is a misunderstood man and his genius and talent hasn’t been fully recognized and given its proper right of place in the comity of Contemporary Nigerian Musical Legends.

On 10th December this year, a Rymzo fan made a post about missing Rymzo and his music and tagged me to the post, praying me to go search for Rymzo and fish him out. Well, I did go into the search and discovered he has been in Vancouver, Canada since he last released the Killertunes produced track in 2016 featuring a Timaya protégé, Jez Blenda. He hasn’t really done much since then and we hope to hear from him soon. We exchanged emails wherein I brought the floodgate of pleas from his fans to drop more songs to his attention. His reply indicated he was moved by those cries and he promised to hearken to them in 2020.

So, we are on the lookout for his masterly craftsmanship next year.

Source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/where-the-hell-is-rymzo/

cc
lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Where The Hell Is Rymzo? by Skyfornia(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2019
I guess he didn't get much sponsorship...the guy is good. He can still make it back like Saucekid is currently doing...
Re: Where The Hell Is Rymzo? by chival(f): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2019
Rymzo the gusto! Back when I was a reporter, he sang me a song. He also introduced me to the beauty of power bikes. He had a power bike he named Vulture. Haven't heard from him in such a long time.
Re: Where The Hell Is Rymzo? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2019
chival:
Rymzo the gusto! Back when I was a reporter, he sang me a song. He also introduced me to the beauty of power bikes. He had a power bike he named Vulture. Haven't heard from him in such a long time.

When you were a reporter?

Reporter as in? You used to report noise makers to your class teacher in school?

oh! He came to your school? shocked

Now I get it cheesy

But u must be pretty oo. for him to have noticed you out of all the girls in the class and even sang for you. cheesy
Re: Where The Hell Is Rymzo? by Kestolove(m): 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2019
"You can see me signing some autograph"..who remember that line?
Re: Where The Hell Is Rymzo? by Blakjewelry(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
IAmStrange:

When you were a reporter?

Reporter as in? You used to report noise makers to your class teacher in school?

oh! He came to your school? shocked

Now I get it cheesy

But u must be pretty oo. for him to have noticed you out of all the girls in the class and even sang for you. cheesy
Haba you dey like the babe?
Re: Where The Hell Is Rymzo? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2019
Blakjewelry:
Haba you dey like the babe?
So I cannot whine someone on Nairaland again? undecided grin
Re: Where The Hell Is Rymzo? by Blakjewelry(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2019
IAmStrange:

So I cannot whine someone on Nairaland again? undecided grin
na the way you take jump on top the babe Mata na

(1) (Reply)

Man Jailed For 16 Years For Burning Gay Pride Flag / Nok Culture Discovery And Mystery / 'my Husband And I Still Have Sex' Ajoke Silva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.