Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 (36207 Views)

CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day / How To Earn N1,500 To Up To N35,000 Weekly From Branch Loan App / Breaking News: Cbn Slashes Banks’ Atm Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Dogalmighty17: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
Such patronizing. The main issue here is the trillions in postage stamp fees the banks and CBN cannot account for.
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Tapout(m): 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
UBA keeps deducting 50 naira monthly from my account for ATM card maintenance.....please who else experiences this, abi is it only me?? ??

1 Like

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Tloc(m): 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Nigerians would still complain after a while... but this is great i hope this wont force banks to reduce ATM location to save cost incured on managing the machine

since the introduction of the 65 naira charges ATM centers have being increased astronomically with private business centers and shopping malls having functional ATM, i pray we dont go back to days of where out of 10 ATM machines on a block only 2 would dispense, while some places ATM wouldnt even have power and no bank official would be willing to come

GTB Okota a classic case of non functional ATMs, especially on Friday evenings.
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Lukenitheooo6(m): 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hmmm hope there is no hidden charges

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Victorex001(m): 8:21pm On Dec 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by midnighter(f): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2019
lazinny:
There should. Securing ATMs, maintaining it, stocking it with cash... All these costs money and personnel. Banks can't be footing that bill for another banks customers. Hope now you see why it can't be free.

You are right but there should still be a proportion of free ATM machines so as to cater to low-income users.

Not having a spare N35 to spend is not a crime.
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Awoo88: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2019
The news about stamp duty charge for transaction above 10k is being ignored. This one will be ignored too.

1 Like

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by justphillips(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
netflicks:
Fraud of the highest level... Imagine Nigeria popular paying N35 on every single atm withdrawal from other banks... na wa oo

Read brother!

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by EJEHSON(m): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
Should be free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Ujunwa02(f): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
Thank God... It was already long overdue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by harjay1986: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
dustmalik:

Have you used their MasterCard or Visa for international payment? I'm curious as to their exchange rate.

I use the naira debit card Visa to be precise on Aliexpress they charge me up to 368 per dollar
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by samteebiz3: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
Nonsense! They slash, they no slash na their bowl of garri. Me, I no care!
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by themanderon: 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
These guys are up to something. Reducing this is a sign that something is coming up next year. Probably new taxes and levies.
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Lemonmint1: 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
i was at GT bank ATM on CMD road,Magodo on Friday to withdraw funds, on their terminal i couldn't select options for cash withdrawal above 10k , this was the same experience for everyone with debit card from other banks....... it was a very frustrating experience because it meant we all had to withdraw coupe of times and of course GT Bank get to debit us N65 for every transaction after the third use. embarassed .....................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by uboma(m): 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2019
I renewed my rent just this morning.

If I had any inkling about this earlier, I would have postponed the payment to January 2nd 2020.

No more electronic transfers till January 2020.
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by BigBizzy(m): 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2019
Card maintenance nko?
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by pastie(m): 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2019
Gentlemanforyou:
Ope ooo at last they did something good for common pipu like me way somebody cannor have #1040 in peace and want to withdraw , then you become mathematician and be looking for paga.
They did Nothing for you, there shouldn't be a charge in the first place.

1 Like

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by JamesBond008(m): 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
zeusdgrt:
35 naira na still money

God bless you Bro....

Heineken For you Bro....

Multiply 35 by a million customers ( or more) who would want to make withdrawals for more than 3 times a month. You'd still realise that the slash wouldn't bother them much.

It's a milking factory for the bourgeoisie...

1 Like

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by jojo1415: 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
Better!!!!!����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Truthbites: 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
ainas247:
;

I am SEO expert
I will rank your website on Search engine
chat up now

Are people still blogging?? Google AdSense deal with person, we can't kill ourselves for blogging free matter
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by fbabs(m): 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
healthserve:
Halleluyah. Push it down further CBN so these undeserving systemic fraud would discontinue. With all the billions declared quarterly bank workers aren't treated any better than shop attendants..

That's the next thing to look into, the casualization of bank workers and its substandard treatment of its workers.

Given that many banks now have vast branches overseas, they should be subjected to applying global standard practices in their engagements, especially in service delivery and staff management

I use this opportunity to tell Nigerians to reject the normalcy of suffering, one, drop comments on all your banks twitter and other social media handles telling them to have sheds not just over the atm machines but also for the queue. Yes, the monies deducted should also be used judiciously.

Also, post comments on all social media handles instructing banks to have atleast 6 to 8 atm machines with at least 80% functional at all times to deal with the ever growing need for fast cash wothdrawal

Time to consider POS machine for all transportation needs so people can move around swiftly

I like to call out all Nigerians that aren't tired of suffering or are rather comfortable with bad service that refuse to demand better treatment. I am constantly embarrassed by the large crowd I see at Gtbank Ojodu Branch atm machines on a daily. The machines at this branch was increased from three to about 3/4 machines just a couple of years ago, to my greatest surprise the larger amount of dispensing machines led to negligence as in the past two years I walk by there's always massive crowd and atleast 50% of these machines not dispensing. My problem is this, Nigerians used to bad treatment for not going to the social media handles of this bank to make complains to this effect, two, the bank for not doing enough to make services less stressful for its customers. The view walking by each time I pass is nauseating. Nigerians wake up and press demands for good services but from public and private sector organizations

Let's stop normalising bad service delivery

Disclaimer : I almost never use this atm Centre, but find it an eyesore watching people standing under intense heat of the sun daily to access their own funds. Why can't bank cover the entire front with protective sun covering and offer better services. Call out your banks guys

Nigerians are used to suffering, don't stress yourself.

1 Like

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by do4luv14(m): 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hahahahaha i feel you jare, that thing don do me sef, nuh how you see dis TIN wey dem bi wan start from january

Gentlemanforyou:
Ope ooo at last they did something good for common pipu like me way somebody cannor have #1040 in peace and want to withdraw , then you become mathematician and be looking for paga.

1 Like

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2019
Lemonmint1:
i was at GT bank ATM on CMD road,Magodo on Friday to withdraw funds, on their terminal i couldn't select options for cash withdrawal above 10k , this was the same experience for everyone with debit card from other banks....... it was a very frustrating experience because it meant we all had to withdraw coupe of times and of course GT Bank get to debit us N65 for every transaction after the third use. embarassed .....................

It happens on some other banks ATMs as well. On some ATMs and in some towns or villages, the ATMs have been programmed to deduct N65 on any transaction. The third use is never followed.

1 Like

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
JamesBond008:

God bless you Bro....

Heineken For you Bro....

Multiply 35 by a million customers ( or more) who would want to nake withdrawals for more than 3 times a month. You'd still realise that the slash wouldn't bother them much.

It's a milking factory for the bourgeoisie...

On some ATMs, the 3 times withdrawal before deduction is not followed. Deduction is made on every withdrawal

3 Likes

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Godhatesodomy: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
Wow
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by freemanq(m): 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2019
I still wonder with our policy of front and back,when are we really going to get it right.may God help Nigeria
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by dustmalik: 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
harjay1986:

I use the naira debit card Visa to be precise on Aliexpress they charge me up to 368 per dollar
Thanks for the info
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by rexandyke(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
sassysure:
There shouldn't be any charges in the first place lipsrsealed

sharap. you are not in the system and that's why you say so. Do you know how much it takes to buy and maintain the servers that make sure the ATMs are working? The maintenance fee from the companies that write the codes that help it run?

1 Like

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Bahamas95(m): 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
They shouldnt even charge us at all since we pay for maintenance.

Rubbish!
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by ainas247: 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
Truthbites:

Are people still blogging?? Google AdSense deal with person, we can't kill ourselves for blogging free matter

Its not about Google Adsense, You can do affiliate or sell product or services

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gowon Estate Lagos Market Fire Destroys Properties Worth Millions (Photos) / New Style Of Shoplifting, Shop Owners Beware! / What Was Your Initial Seed Capital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.