Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,793 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos (1171 Views)

Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" / Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival / Ikwerre People Visit Oba Of Benin, Presents Indigenous Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos by david102(m): 6:28am On Dec 24, 2019
I have only met a few Indigenous Lagosian in all of my moving from one house to another in the state. And it is very surprising. A guy I met that is from Lagos, he said the Indigenous poeple speaks a different kind of Yoruba. And claims he is not a Yoruba man. And yet he is from Badagry.
Indigenous Lagosians do you know your history? Or you that claim you are from lagos, your Ancestors might have moved and settled here.

Re: How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos by DonCandido(f): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
You know you can make a short work of this post by just googling" the indigenes of Lagos State"?

Yes. Do you now understand?

1 Like

Re: How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos by PeterKbaba: 11:57pm On Dec 25, 2019

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos by bigfrancis21: 12:26am On Dec 26, 2019
david102:
I have only met a few Indigenous Lagosian in all of my moving from one house to another in the state. And it is very surprising. A guy I met that is from Lagos, he said the Indigenous poeple speaks a different kind of Yoruba. And claims he is not a Yoruba man. And yet he is from Badagry.
Indigenous Lagosians do you know your history? Or you that claim you are from lagos, your Ancestors might have moved and settled here.

Badagry people are actually part of Benin Republic and they are called ‘Egun’ or ‘Ogu’. Their language is totally different from Yoruba. The Nigerian-Benin border divides them into two. One half in Nigeria and the other still in Benin. Most of them on the Nigerian side are bilingual in Ogu and Yoruba. The other indigenous Lagosians are the Aworis and they are a Yoruba sub group.

1 Like

Re: How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos by 9jakool: 7:28am On Dec 26, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Badagry people are actually part of Benin Republic and they are called ‘Egun’ or ‘Ogu’. Their language is totally different from Yoruba. The Nigerian-Benin border divides them into two. One half in Nigeria and the other still in Benin. Most of them on the Nigerian side are bilingual in Ogu and Yoruba. The other indigenous Lagosians are the Aworis and they are a Yoruba sub group.

Aworis are also native to Badagry if you include the entire lga and they are not the only Yoruba group native to Lagos contrary to popular belief. Ikorodu area is Remo and the natives of Lekki/Ajah to Epe area are Ijebu.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos by hammerU: 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
bigfrancis21:

The best way to resolve Yoruba claim in Lagos is to remove Ijebu.

Even the Ijebu are not thought to be Yoruba.

The real owner are Awori, who also are not yoruba.

I really dont know if Yoruba just claim the City based on geographical proximity.

1 Like

Re: How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos by baby124: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2019
hammerU:

I really dont know if Yoruba just claim the City based on geographical proximity.
I am Awori and Ijebu from Lagos. 100% Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos by googi: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
What is your business or just looking for company? Lagosians are not that many and they know one another.

In the days when they refused to mix with outsiders, cousins end up marrying one another.

david102:
Re: How Many Indigenous Lagosian Are In Lagos by Opiletool(m): 10:13am On Dec 31, 2019
hammerU:

I guess they are from your tribe then. It amazes me how some people just like to showcase their crass ignorance to the whole world.

(1) (Reply)

~Omo Oba: Americans Act In Yoruba Language~ / What Is Your Take On This Wedding Gown? Evil Or Civilization? / Dein Of Agbor: Garlands For An Extraordinary Monarch @36

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.