Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) (78150 Views)

5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi And Naomi Oluwaseyi Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Tajmahal1000: 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
As expected, a lot of ignorant folks are already insulting the royal father, the custodian of the House of Oduduwa, the paramount traditional and cultural authority of ALL Yoruba people.

You should know that culture is evolving; it is never stagnant.

The days of traditional rulers sitting in their palaces and waiting for inter-village and inter-tribal wars to happen are all gone. For instance, how many indigenes of highly-revered Yoruba towns know the holder of Balogun title in their towns in today’s Nigeria? Very, very few! Meanwhile, in those ancient days, the Balogun, “the warlord”, was a feared titan. He was treated with awe, like the king.

The days of traditional rulers forcefully marrying maidens and married women who caught their fancy, under the guise of “Oba gbese le o” (the king has acquired you!) is gone for good! Which king does that (forcefully marry any lady, married or unmarried) today?

The Queen of England and the monarchies of Netherlands, etc can never do whatever they did in 1670s today...

These, and other examples, show that culture is always evolving...

There isn’t anything wrong with Oba Enitan Ogunwusi’s action; the report clearly stated that it was done to encourage use of our local fabrics.

In conclusion, I noticed that often times on Nairaland, Nigerians insult traditional rulers and traditions and cultures of other people other than their own.

When Emir Sanusi appeared in that heavy regalia, dunderheads insulted him to no end. When former Sports Minister Dalong appeared in his native Plateau attire, ignorant persons on Nairaland crudely insulted him. The way of dressing, greeting, and comportment of people differ and we should respect them. Intolerance of other people’s cultures and choices is rampant among the “Indomie (below 40) generation”!

Live and let live!

Travel to other parts of the country, mix, make friends; join AIESEC, JCI, Lions Club, Rotary, Rotaract, etc.

Don’t sit in your cocoon and act as “village champions”.

You had elementary education at Unilag Staff School, secondary education at ISL, and university education at Unilag; and you live in Akoka, Yaba, how would you explore other cultures? Lol. Explore the world.

For instance, a lot of us in the South ignorantly believe that every person in the North is Hausa; I laugh. Plateau State alone, the home of the Tarok, Birom, Angas, etc have more than 30 tribes! Borno State has more than 50, including Kanuri, Shuwa, etc. Kaduna State has Hausa, Fulani, Kaje, Kutep, the stretch of Southern Kaduna, etc.

When the uninformed see Balarabe Adamu, they assume that the bearer of the name is a Muslim and Hausa; whereas the guy is a Christian from Taraba, Gombe, Adamawa, etc. An acquaintance, a Christian, met a certain Rekiyah Bello and started insulting Christians, with a view to currying her favour for friendship, only to be told off by the lady that she was a Christian! The embarrassment was unending...

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by MetaPhysical: 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2019
omowolewa:
Imperial Majesty

Onirisa! The diety himself
Atobatele! Royal fitness

May you live long on your ancestoral throne

Ase Edumare!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Carlmax(m): 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
omowolewa:
Imperial Majesty

Onirisa! The diety himself
Atobatele! Royal fitness

Amen and Amen!!! Long live the King!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by olamariamjonez(m): 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
Happiness is free.
My yourself happy all the time.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by MetaPhysical: 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2019
Tajmahal1000:
As expected, a lot of ignorant folks are already insulting the royal father, the custodian of the House of Oduduwa, the paramount traditional and cultural authority of ALL Yoruba people.

You should know that culture is evolving; it is never stagnant.

The days of traditional rulers sitting in their palaces and waiting for inter-village and inter-tribal wars to happen are all gone. For instance, how many indigenes of highly-revered Yoruba towns know the holder of Balogun title in their towns in today’s Nigeria? Very, very few! Meanwhile, in those ancient days, the Balogun, “the warlord” was a feared titan. He was treated with awe, like the king.

There isn’t anything wrong with Oba Enitan Ogunwusi’s action; the report clearly stated that it was done to encourage use of our local fabrics.

In conclusion, I noticed that often times on Nairaland, Nigerians insult traditional rulers and traditions and cultures of other people other than their own.

When Emir Sanusi appeared in that heavy regalia, dunderheads insulted him to no end. When former Sports Minister Dalong appeared in his native Plateau attire, ignorant persons on Nairaland crudely insulted him. The way of dressing, greeting, and comportment of people differ and we should respect them. Intolerance of other people’s cultures and choices is rampant among the “Indomie (below 40) generation”!

Live and let live!

It has nothing to do with generation its home training issue and in some cases absence of civilization and customs.

Yoruba roll with times, we set pace and others follow.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Halexgos3(m): 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
Fashion Problem
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by salford: 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
omowolewa:
Imperial Majesty
Onirisa! The diety himself Atobatele! Royal fitness
atobatele bi ti bawo? lol

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Neoteny(m): 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2019
Isn't this the dude who said that the technology powering Google is actually an oracle in some caves in Ife?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Iseoluwani: 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
Freehuman:
MAY IMES COME SOONER THAN HE PLANNED AND PUT AN END TO THIS RUBBISH. ROYALTY HAS BEEN DISGRACED . cry
IMES WE AWAIT YOUR COMING.

cn u enlighten me on IMES
PLS.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Lovelife433(m): 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
out right foolishness sir.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by drezzyx(m): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2019
Computer Age King and the real modern king

Even if I am not a Yoruba to understand what his crown stands for I just love the man with passion.
I would love him to visit eastern land one day.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by tellwisdom: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ever since that Oba of lagoon idiot fumbled with this oni, he went oblivion. This oni is really powerful. Now I know embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Donald7610: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
IAmStrange:
No matter how many years that falsehood thrives, the
truth will always meet up with it one day.

No matter how many years the people of falsehood
reign, Imes will eventually meet up with them some day
in Shaa Allaah. cheesy

Imes, the end of days, the beginning of New ones..
The one who is not a king or ruler but to whom many
kings and rulers will "bow"... I'm very fascinated by your
personality... telling the world about you alone gives me
joy... cheesy

We await your coming cheesy

Go to the street and tell the truth
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
Oni of ife should portray more of Yoruba culture than western culture. Cat-walk is not part of Yoruba's culture ....period!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by kenchop: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2019
Where have all our men gone to? The oni of if e now cat walks���
By 2020 he'll be performing alongside Joeboy @ Eko hotel��scam oba �
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Astark: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:
Abuse of the throne.

Imagine the oba of Benin doing this shocked
Eheen... Ewuare N' Ogidigan

AWUAH!!!.
Oba gha to kpere....

Oh benin...my roots.
My Oba,the light of the Edo Empire...
The Home Lion
The King of the Sky...
Obamwan... Tu gha tor....

Ooni gha Flex soborbor cry
respect yourself don't bring oba of Benin into this
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by DimIsaac10(m): 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
inside life
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by kingseg: 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
King with swag
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by fergie001: 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
I like this Ooni jarey....
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Abcdefghij10000(f): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
Freehuman:
MAY IMES COME SOONER THAN HE PLANNED AND PUT AN END TO THIS RUBBISH. ROYALTY HAS BEEN DISGRACED . cry
I ve been hearing about this imes lately, what is imes
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by juman(m): 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
The Ooni of our time.
The respected king.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by perryy(m): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
Freehuman:

Imes or youmes is a mere illusion.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by osothermal(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
The only true mortal King I know

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by ogmask: 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
The Ooni of Ife, That king of Iwoland and Oba Elegushi are the only digital kings we have in Nigeria...... The remaining are still using pentium 1 shocked

You forgot to mention the Oba of Benin...that guy over digital I dey teh u.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by franchasng: 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ogegeodey:
The government should allocate jobs to these traditional rulers. They have basically nothing to do in their various palaces
maybe they should appoint them Presidential villa errand boys at Aso Rock and Governor's offices of their respective States like Gandollar is doing to Sanusi grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by emerged01(m): 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2019
YoungLionken:
What sort of mockery is this.

It is obvious that he's not supposed to be doing this, considering his pedigree.

If you like argue but, the truth remains unchanged...
Humility is what you should talk about not pedigree.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by trutht828: 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2019
IAmStrange:
No matter how many years that falsehood thrives, the
truth will always meet up with it one day.

No matter how many years the people of falsehood
reign, Imes will eventually meet up with them some day
in Shaa Allaah. cheesy

Imes, the end of days, the beginning of New ones..
The one who is not a king or ruler but to whom many
kings and rulers will "bow"... I'm very fascinated by your
personality... telling the world about you alone gives me
joy... cheesy

We await your coming cheesy

Are you referring to Jesus Christ? He is the Only One who is coming back.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Lastmankc(m): 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
I love this guy. He got class
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by SojiCash(m): 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
Sunofgod:
Joblessness...

Omoale

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shock As Men Steal Meat From Lions / Where Is Oduduwa Really From? / Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.