Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Apple Got Patent Approval For Folio Keyboard With Smart Gesture. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Apple Got Patent Approval For Folio Keyboard With Smart Gesture. (10000 Views)

Am Looking For Folio 1040 FAN / Single Sided Ram For Folio G1 / How To Use A Bluetooth Keyboard With Your Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apple Got Patent Approval For Folio Keyboard With Smart Gesture. by towoju5(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
Apple has been granted 53 new patents by the U.S Patent and Trademark Office. One of the most interesting patents pertains to a fabric-based keyboard that supports gestures. The new keyboard is likely to succeed in the current crop of Smart Keyboard Folio and the gesture feature will be an addition.

Earlier, Apple had also been granted a patent for touch gestures for Magic keyboards. It is very much possible that the company is planning to extend the touch gestures to Smart Keyboard Folio as well. If it happens, then iPad Pro will support touch gestures on the keyboard.

According to Apple, the technology will come handy when a user desires to reposition an on-screen cursor in order to multi-touch gestures. The technology will work by registering touch inputs by using sensors. The said sensors are capable of measuring capacitance charge at the intersections of a horizontal and vertical captive touc h sensor. Furthermore, the touch input obtained from a captive touch sensor will be used to control circuitry in the device or in the keyboard.

Copied from https://insidetechtools.com

Re: Apple Got Patent Approval For Folio Keyboard With Smart Gesture. by NickyB: 10:57am On Dec 28, 2019
I think they are late with this gesture keyboard. People are too lazy to use gestures for managing house gadgets, me too. I prefer to control my robot vacuum via smartphone, same with other smart home features that I managed to install after reading guides on https://cityofmayfield.org/. There are also useful articles too especially the ones about drone repair.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can A Laptop Be Overcharged? / What Program Would Open .mdf & .mds Files? / Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 Tablet By Microsoft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.