Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song (33057 Views)

Opinion: Cast By Shallipopi Is The Most Trending Immoral Song In Africa / Should Parents With Little Kids Have Househelp / Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by CANDYDADDY(m): 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
My Two adorable daughters at age of 5 and 10 years have being cramming up what I thought to be immoral songs lately.

One of them sang Naira Marley's 'Opotoyi' when she was doing house-chore this morning.

I have almost put all my electronic gadgets on parental lock just for them not to be carried away by immorality.

One of them is even singing 'Omo oni di rabata', I almost beat the hell out of her.

Have bought them various educational song CDs and all sort of things

Help!

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by skentelelady(f): 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
Why locking gadget when they still attend birthday parties where they play such?? undecided undecided What do you and madam also listen too? So check well before you start to complain

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Oyiboman69: 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
It's a normal thing...one should have experience in all angles of life. Don't sweat it. They don't understand the lyrics though, I don't support adult movie for kids though.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by CANDYDADDY(m): 8:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
skentelelady:
Why lockinggadget when they still attendbirthday parties where they play such?? undecided undecided What do you and madam also listen too? So check well before our start complain

who told u they attend birthday party

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by CANDYDADDY(m): 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
Oyiboman69:
It's a normal thing...one should have experience in all angles of life. Don't sweat it. They don't understand the lyrics though, I don't support adult movie for kids though.

sir my family is diffrent from 'one'

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by czarina(f): 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
Lol... Just ban them from singing it/stop adults from playing such songs in your home while you can. There were songs my aunts and mom would kill us for if they heard us singing it.

E.G

Flavor's "Ashawo", Zule Zoo and some others back then.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by bigass123(m): 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2019
Truth be told, good parenting is increasingly becoming more difficult.
It takes a lot of discipline, commitment and close monitoring of your ward. You can control what they're exposed to within your house but what of when they get outside the house. The school, among friends even the church. They pick up stuffs from their peers.
May God help us in this generation

192 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Oyiboman69: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
CANDYDADDY:

sir my family is diffrent from 'one'

Kids grows up copying different things. Some is singing,while for some is dancing, and a lot more. As for me,I grow up with my grand mother, I do sings a lot as a kid,I gotta understand the song's when I grow older. It doesn't change my adulthood till now. You can regulate it if you want,but nothing to fear. I know you're just afraid if it will affect their education. Like I said, you minimize their playing time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by lilmax(m): 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
You have two marlians bro

They might not finish secondary school

188 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by CapitalHYC(m): 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
When they Put 18 rated on Each single's Art work.. You think they joking.. What song do you and their mother listen to? Or you expect them to listen and not RYHMe along sometime later??

5 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:28am On Dec 26, 2019
So no djs in your neighborhood
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by uboma(m): 3:16am On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:
My Two adorable daughter age of 5 and 10 years respectively have being cramming up what i thought immoral song lately
One of them sang naira's opotoyi when she was doing house-chore this morning
I have almost put all my electronic
gagdet on parental lock just for them not be carried away by immorality

One of them is even singing 'omo oni di rabata',i almost beat the hell her outta her
Have bought them various educational-song CDs and all sort of things

help!
lalasticlala seun mynd44

Attempting to beat them or actually beating them will only worsen the situation. They do not know why it is wrong to sing such songs. This is your opportunity to explain to them that such are immoral songs and not good for them. This way they will be more willing not to sing such songs or even listen to them.

Don't just shout at them, explain to them why it is wrong.

Like someone said, it's not easy bringing up children the right way in today's world. I cry when I see children, girls aged 5 to 15 years old dancing seductively. Most times the parents see nothing wrong in the way their wards dance. I miss the good old days though...

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 26, 2019
I traveled down to Edo state few weeks ago.

Went out to get something when I heard girls of about 10 to 16 singing and dancing to one song I don’t know the singer but I could hear them shouting “body fineee, toto sweeeeet”

grin
They really emphasized on the “toto sweet”

What is happening to Nigerians and it’s parenting system?

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by faithfull18(f): 7:32am On Dec 26, 2019
Lol, format their memories. If you are Christian, play gospel songs in the house, there are gospel songs for children too. I remember growing this way till today no interest to deliberately listen to secular songs and even when others play it around me, I am irritated and it doesn't stick.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by CoolJul: 7:45am On Dec 26, 2019
oh I just lost what I typed!

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by crackhaus: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2019
Edited... per special request from czarina grin
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by CoolJul: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2019
Yes like someone said, format their memories with your religious songs and activities.

Encourage them to religious activities more intensely than before. Tell and show them real life testimonies of godliness and moral conducts. Tell them as it is, don't exaggerate things (kids are smart they will know if u are exaggerating stories to make them conform and they will act conformity to please you but their heart will not be won for real), so be honest and real about it. You can also tell them were you as a teenager or youth failed in the part of decency in the past and what it cost u.

Discuss true moral role models in the society today with them. seek for their opinion and correct wrong impressions were necessary. DON'T EVER SOUND IT DELIBERATELY TO THEM THAT YOU HAD THE BEST OF CHARACTER IN YOUR TIME PLEASE. Then you will see they just want to be better for themselves.

9 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Daviddson(m): 8:21am On Dec 26, 2019
The question is "Have you told them the negative effects of those songs?" Don't just tell them not to sing them, tell them why they are bad.

8 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by czarina(f): 8:23am On Dec 26, 2019
Seen. Thanks Crackhaus

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by movingclouds(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2019
I was at a Christmas event and do u know what? They played no Christmas songs, but songs by Naira Marley and other crazy songs... Come and see the happiness in the faces of the parents... Trust me, being a parent nowadays is as tough as life itself

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by dangotesmummy: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2019
Lol.its their age

If you like lock all the gadgets in your house,shebi they'll go to school

Solution: this is the time and opportunity to communicate.dont just lock up all electronics.let them know the reason and let them know the negative impact it has on them

The problem old and new generation African parents have is lack of communication.they think everything is force.its your job to make them see reasons with you so that even at your back they won't play that song

What you are only doing is raising them to be pretenders and actors.e.g playing Christian songs in your presence and nasty songs at your back

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2019
While you can't control what they're exposed to outside the home (e.g. music), how they're raised in the home can determine what they accept from the outside world.

20 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by crackhaus: 10:51am On Dec 26, 2019
czarina:
I honestly don't know if you expected another interpretation from that comment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by czarina(f): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2019
crackhaus:

I honestly don't know if you expected another interpretation from that comment.
Yeah...I thought of it and edited. Now, be a gentle man and edit the post from the mention. smiley
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by crackhaus: 11:11am On Dec 26, 2019
czarina:
Yeah...I thought of it and edited. Now, be a gentle man and edit the post from the mention. smiley
Lmao... You chics though cheesy

Type "please", and I might consider your request.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by czarina(f): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2019
crackhaus:

Lmao... You chics though cheesy

Type "please", and I might consider your request.
Just do it nau! I've edited mine, isn't it only right that you edit yours as well?

OK

PLEASE CRACKHAUS, EDIT THE POST.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by LedRock: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2019
czarina:
most women are lazy in bed, they can't ride for one minute but they are looking for guys that will fvck for one hour.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by czarina(f): 11:20am On Dec 26, 2019
LedRock:
most women are lazy in bed, they can't ride for one minute but they are looking for guys that will fvck for one hour.

6 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by crackhaus: 11:23am On Dec 26, 2019
czarina:
Just do it nau! I've edited mine, isn't it only right that you edit yours as well?

OK

PLEASE CRACKHAUS, EDIT THE POST.
That's a good girl cool

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by czarina(f): 11:28am On Dec 26, 2019
crackhaus:

That's a good girl cool
Ok but it's still there...edit it please.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by crackhaus: 11:29am On Dec 26, 2019
czarina:
Ok but it's still there...edit it please.
Refresh

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by naijazee2: 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
kiss shocked Is there time let them enjoy shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alabaconnect: Cheap Uk Used Fridge/freezer / Does Sex On First Date Make A Lady Look Cheap? / Family Photos Of Five Female Generations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.