Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,034 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? (3669 Views)

Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by hisexcellency34: 2:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
My wife doesn't respect business agreement especially when it comes to money matters.
I have always told her that there is no money too big for me to give but when it comes to business, i can be very strict.
Whenever, i gave her to buy me things and she couldn't get it, she wants to keep the money and will not mention anything about refunding it but i always disagree and insist on returning my money because i didn't dash her, even if its as small as 1k.
My belief is that as couple, we should learn to respect simple basic rules. If an outsider ask you to buy her things and you couldnt get it, won't you return his/her money?
(Copied)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by SocialJustice: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
Oga you're only being prudent not strict and your wife must learn to return such money or stop using her for such purchases to avoid trouble.

20 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
Be over strict pls, though wen we women see money, we suddenly realize 50 things we want to buy grin cool

14 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by socialmediaman: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
She probably thinks she’s entitled to your money, and maybe she is! You two signed agreement to become 1, so I guess that includes forgetting to return change...

I’m kidding, find out why she does it, she should be accountable, or better still, hold her accountable.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by sweetonugbu: 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
Copied QED
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by donbachi(m): 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2019
na ur wife ooo...abeg no vex.u dey act like dat to ur sidechick?

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by hisexcellency34: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
how u take know say him get sidechick?
donbachi:
na ur wife ooo...abeg no vex.u dey act like dat to ur sidechick?
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by donbachi(m): 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
how u take know say him get sidechick?
I added "abeg no vex"
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by uboma(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
This one na aka gum.

You collect as little as 1k from your wife.....

9 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by Ijeoma660(f): 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
uboma:
This one na aka gum.

So until it is NGN1million before he should collect it?

10 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by uboma(m): 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ijeoma660:

So until it is NGN1million before he should collect it?

Women if not all, at least a great number, are good with saving money than men. They are more prudent with spendings. My mom was a good example.

Leaving 1k for her should not be a big deal. He should learn to leave some of his monies with his wife. After sometime, he can ask for a small loan to see if she has been saving the monies afterall.

Does the wife work and earn her own money? If no, she will have need for money from time to time (not all the time she want to ask her hubby for money to buy certain personal stuff like toiletries or lingerie etc)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
Do you give her an allowance for personal things? If not, please do so.

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
My wife doesn't respect business agreement especially when it comes to money matters.
I have always told her that there is no money too big for me to give but when it comes to business, i can be very strict.
Whenever, i gave her to buy me things and she couldn't get it, she wants to keep the money and will not mention anything about refunding it but i always disagree and insist on returning my money because i didn't dash her, even if its as small as 1k.
My belief is that as couple, we should learn to respect simple basic rules. If an outsider ask you to buy her things and you couldnt get it, won't you return his/her money?
(Copied)

if you know that this is how your wife behaves then why would you even give her money to buy you anything?!?!

your wife does NOT respect such rule and believe that she can do what she pleases with such money.
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by Gistme12: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
[quote ]
It's not even your story

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
You're not, you are only principled

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by HeyHey(f): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
Oga collect your money abeg. My husband sent our kids school fees, 9k remain, i carry him money give am oo(though i tease him small mk he use am do christmas for me, he no gree but still took me out with half of it). If he send me go buy roasted corn sef, i dey give am his change even if na 5naira. My father taught me this lesson in a hard way oo, I always give people their change. Marriage has many money problems, mk person no come dey add join am

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by ZiriMane(m): 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
then stop giving her money to buy things for you

start giving her gifts (money) to stop her from getting from outside (if you know what I mean)

Don't slack on being prudent

sha stop and start life goes on

copied

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by babyfaceafrica: 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
Stop disturbing us, didn't you see such traits in her before marriage, àbí dem dash u the gal ni?.. Nansense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by Nicklaus619(m): 10:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
HeyHey:
Oga collect your money abeg. My husband sent our kids school fees, 9k remain, i carry him money give am oo(though i tease him small mk he use am do christmas for me, he no gree but still took me out with half of it). If he send me go buy roasted corn sef, i dey give am his change even if na 5naira. My father taught me this lesson in a hard way oo, I always give people their change. Marriage has many money problems, mk person no come dey add join am

Good wife, I dey beg God to gimme ya kinda woman to marry
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by Katier00(f): 12:50am On Dec 27, 2019
Insist on her giving you your money back unless if she has a good reason to keep it
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:06am On Dec 27, 2019
hisexcellency34:
(Copied)

1 which things are you talking about here ? business things or personal things

2 Dont you give her, her own allowance from
the monthly family budget ?

3 What so you mean no money is too big to give?

4 Which basic rules have set up for yourselves?

5 Which business agreement do you have with your wife? or you are partners in the business ?
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by darlenese(f): 1:15am On Dec 27, 2019
i truth be told , you are stingy !!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by Hugo55(m): 6:16am On Dec 27, 2019
HeyHey:

correct better woman. thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by sisisioge: 7:27am On Dec 27, 2019
Stop struggling with her to collect the money back...you could create several alternative purchases for the single bill or stop sending her to buy stuff on your behalf since you know madam doesn't like doing business with you grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by olril17(m): 7:31am On Dec 27, 2019
uboma:
This one na aka gum.

one will have seen this one na still one inexperienced undergraduate forming ITK online
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by olril17(m): 7:39am On Dec 27, 2019
uboma:

Women if not all, at least a great number, are good with saving money than men. They are more prudent with spendings. My mom was a good example.

Leaving 1k for her should not be a big deal. He should learn to leave some of his monies with his wife. After sometime, he can ask for a small loan to see if she has been saving the monies afterall.

Does the wife work and earn her own money? If no, she will have need for money from time to time (not all the time she want to ask her hubby for money to buy certain personal stuff like toiletries or lingerie etc)
stupid analogy...this is money her husband asked her to run errand for him to buy something...it should be returned and rightly so....so many pudsymen these days

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by uboma(m): 9:00am On Dec 27, 2019
olril17:

stupid analogy...this is money her husband asked her to run errand for him to buy something...it should be returned and rightly so....so many pudsymen these days

I have put my opinion forward. You do agree with my opinion, put forward yours and leave it at that. There is absolutely no need to insult me simply because you do not agree with my opinion. Shows your lack of manners and home training.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by MajorWarren: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2019
uboma:

If you took time out to understand what he was saying you’d realise the amount isn’t the issue. It’s just principles.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by Baldwretch: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
T
darlenese:
i truth be told , you are stingy !!!

I like ya signature. grin grin
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by midnighter(f): 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2019
Yes, you are right.

Tell her to cough up your money. Thats a wrong behaviour from somebody you are supposed to be able to trust.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by culf: 12:10am On Dec 29, 2019
most women do it, my wife is worse.
Re: Nairalanders, Am I Too Strict On My Wife? by chikk(f): 10:28am On Dec 29, 2019
hisexcellency34:
(Copied)

I'm skeptical about commenting on this topic, especially when I see "copied".

The comment in bold is where you got it wrong. That comparison is absolutely wrong for a married person. Someone just asked if you'd treat your aide chick in similar way and I'm sure you don't like that comment. Your wife I not an outsider. What's yours is hers and what's hers is yours.

Fact is, if you know your wife is like this, then refrain from asking her to buy things for you, or giving her access to your money that you can't let go. It only takes simple understanding

2: are you sure you financially cater for your wife and family well enough? It sounds like the woman is seizing every opportunity she gets to grab your money because it's difficult to get it from you. Don't be stingy o

3. Take this concern to your wife and not to nairalanders. She might be seeing it soon nothing especially is it's money as small as 1k. Talk to her and have her understand all these things. It only take simple communication

4: worst case scenario, when she holds back your money, tell her you will take it out from her nest allowance. She'll definitely adjust when she finds out three serious abut it.

In all, I don't see a big deal in this ish. It's a minor issue, find a way

Compliment of the season.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Coffin Of A Man Who Had 10 Wifes In Ghana And Had S-e-x. Every Day And Reque / A Thread For Both Parties To Share Their Sides Of The Story / If Your Husband Slaps Your Mother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.