Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua (74405 Views)

Boxing: Efe Ajagba Loses First Professional Fight As Sanchez Retains Title / Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua / Efe Ajagba Wins Curtis Harper Without A Punch After Opponent Walked Out Of Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Antisymmetric: 10:16am On Dec 28, 2019
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 28, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
Igbo guys fighting hausa and Yoruba people for free...

Come and see another so called Afonja making waves here again...

We fight for money, we don't fight for politicians...

Your own business na cream

The level of tribalism in Nigeria is the highest in the world, imaging your child making such statements?

1 Like

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Sonfethopia: 10:19am On Dec 28, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:

The guy is urhobo from delta state.

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by jared007: 10:19am On Dec 28, 2019
engrkaz:
U obviously did not get the point. I personally think the ref ought to have stopped the fight before Efe got knocked down. Kiladze was severely hurt, Efe knew it and somewhat relaxed his guards and was already celebrating in his head, boom Kiladze threw a jab that caught him unexpectedly and knocked him down for the first time in his career. Yes... he does have a great chin...
tnx for this explanation which the biased guy hid from the public

1 Like

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by WarriFirstBorn(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2019
ednut1:
He got knocked down last week by the kiladze guy. Needs more work

Joshua got knocked down by Kliscko about 3 times in their heavy weight fight but still gave him a Knock out win.

He got knocked down and he got up and continued the fight. He knocked the guy down but he couldn't get up to continue the fight. Who is stronger between both?
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by ItooWorWor(m): 10:22am On Dec 28, 2019
Casekiller:
lol grin grin. This dude is 25 , this guy looks like Anthony Joshua uncle
grin grin
Even me dey wonder
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by ednut1(m): 10:23am On Dec 28, 2019
WarriFirstBorn:

Joshua got knocked down by Kliscko about 3 times in their heavy weight fight but still gave him a Knock out win.

He got knocked down and he got up and continued the fight. He knocked the guy down but he couldn't get up to continue the fight. Who is stronger between both?
u know nothing about boxing. Is wlad and the guy efe fought in the same class
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:26am On Dec 28, 2019
Riversides2003:
I used to beat this guy those days, don’t know if I can still do it again.
Yes you can . Believe in yourself and enter the boxing ring. If you are used to beat him before, you can do it one more time.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by MobilityExpress: 10:27am On Dec 28, 2019
Someone that doesn't even have a single belt is "making waves" like Joshua? Joshua that is the current poster boy and beloved face of heavyweight boxing worldwide. It's not only wave, it's ripple undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by jared007: 10:27am On Dec 28, 2019
ednut1:
You are a terrible tribalist. You wouldn't talk like this if Efe was from ur village. We are Nigerians aren't we?

3 Likes

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by AngelicBeing: 10:29am On Dec 28, 2019
Riversides2003:
I used to beat this guy those days, don’t know if I can still do it again.
Hian grin

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by aspirebig: 10:29am On Dec 28, 2019
All of you saying he was dropped last week, have you forgotten he first dropped Kiladze ?

He ought to have KOed the guy but he was like merciful for the guy and was caught unawares. He eventually won by KO. Remember, one of his opponents died later and another declined to fight and ran ways from rings.

Did Klischko not drop Joshua before AJ KOed him?

Did AJ not drop Andy Ruiz in their first fight before Andy Ruiz Jr dropped him four times and KOed him?

Some of us just want to talk only about the little mistake of others. Boxing is no easy sport.

Remember this same Efe Ajagba reportedly 'pummelled' Deontey Wilder in sparring.If he is an European or an American guy, the western press will write more about him. This is a guy that joined boxing by 'accident' after beating someone who wanted to bully him at Ughelli, Delta state. Originally, dude wanted to be a
professional footballer.
He is still learning and growing. He needs to work more on his combinations, right hand hook, head movements and also his defense.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Antisymmetric: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2019
Most Yoruba people here are too tribalists

1 Like

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 28, 2019
dfrost:

So funny but it's the truth. Buzzing all over the internet then. Search for the news.

Lol. That's hilarious.
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Biodun1929(m): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2019
dfrost:
cheesy

Guy became famous when his opponent left the ring before the fight started. cheesy grin

Why did the opponent leave? Was the guy intimidated?
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Ayobami7(m): 10:35am On Dec 28, 2019
真棒
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by WarriFirstBorn(m): 10:36am On Dec 28, 2019
ednut1:

It's obvious you didn't get my reply. I didn't say they both didn't fight in the same class or division.
What I am saying is that he got knocked down but not knocked out. The guy knocked him down and he got up to continue the fight.
He knocked the guy down but he couldn't get up. That's Knock Out (KO).

Great boxers in history that we celebrate today once got knocked down in their career. The question is; did they get up after the knock down? Even some got knocked out but came back stronger.

That's the thought I was trying to pass across to you and not whether I know or dont know anything about boxing.
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Antisymmetric: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2019
Dick Tiger represented Biafra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlmZ393-cmQ
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Chukwurah003: 10:41am On Dec 28, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:

Lunatics everywhere on the internet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by knowhowk: 10:42am On Dec 28, 2019
A good Ambassador representing Nigeria Positively .
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2019
TechCapon:
Since we have refused to do well in football, maybe boxing is where we should start turning our attention into. Kenyans are known for marathons, Americans for basketball, Brazilians for football and Nigerians for boxing grin

Nigerians are making waves in anything like fight.
UFC champions are Nigerians.
Boxing too.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by engrkaz(m): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2019
You mean the guy heading North? Lol
jared007:
tnx for this explanation which the biased guy hid from the public
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by Midas01: 10:44am On Dec 28, 2019
Anthony Joshua also got knocked down not too long ago by an opponent but still went on to win the match. It doesn't mean nothing.
ednut1:
He got knocked down last week by the kiladze guy. Needs more work
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by herich(m): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:

If it was Igbo guys that made this similar comment, you guys will not hesitate to accuse them of bragging and chest beating.
Just reminding you!

1 Like

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by ednut1(m): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2019
WarriFirstBorn:

It's obvious you didn't get my reply. I didn't say they both didn't fight in the same class or division.
What I am saying is that he got knocked down but not knocked out. The guy knocked him down and he got up to continue the fight.
He knocked the guy down but he couldn't get up. That's Knock Out (KO).

Great boxers in history that we celebrate today once got knocked down in their career. The question is; did they get up after the knock down? Even some got knocked out but came back stronger.

That's the thought I was trying to pass across to you and not whether I know or dont know anything about boxing.
the first 15 to 20 fight of a good boxer are against tomato cans, uber drivers and shitty boxers. They blast through all of them
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by ikrumalemonday(m): 10:45am On Dec 28, 2019
Congratulations to our very own Efe Ajagba, he was my senior at Otovwodo Grammar School Ughelli.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by ednut1(m): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2019
jared007:
You are a terrible tribalist. You wouldn't talk like this if Efe was from ur village. We are Nigerians aren't we?
u no get sense. What has tribe got to do with this. AJ is from my state but when he faces wilder i wont be able to watch. As wilder will destroy him
Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by engrkaz(m): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2019
No, he said his team changed his purse in the last minute and chose not to fight..
Biodun1929:

1 Like

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by ikrumalemonday(m): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2019
ItooWorWor:

grin grin
Even me dey wonder

He was my senior in secondary school. He is more than 25 years.

1 Like

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by dfrost: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2019
Biodun1929:

Pay and settlement issues. Not because he was afraid of Efe though.

1 Like

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by jideflash(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2019
Lol, u wan kill person. grin
TOPCRUISE:

Yes you can . Believe in yourself and enter the boxing ring. If you are used to beat him, you can do it one more time.

1 Like

Re: Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua by 02Kebreal(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:

I'm weak

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Messi Took Photos Of Aguero Sleeping, As He Thinks Revenge / Anthony Joshua And Sister, Janet Joshua On A Plane / See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.