Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,089 members, 7,845,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married (2158 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
eagleeye259:
Hello NLanders,

Compliments of the season. I am a young man in my mid-thirties. I am a professional and a graduate student. I am getting bored by people (family and friends) asking me to get married. Almost all the folks I spoke with on Christmas day said the same to my ears. In the past, friends have invited me to visit them and I discovered they were trying to match-make me. I am looking to get married at some point in the future when I find someone I can live the rest of my life with. The truth is none of these folks will suffer the direct consequence if I get married to the wrong person.

Initially, I planned a visit to my family early next year but I am thinking of postponing it till maybe end of 2020 and also reducing the frequency of communicating with folks.

To the married folks, how did you cope with this?
By mid 30s I guess 34-36...

Baba, when you go marry?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2019
Prognose:

Lol, surely it's not that bad.
smiley Thanks.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
chikk:

This is more than concern then... Has a "monitoring spirit" feeling attached. Abeg, block those ones off asap.

smiley Thanks
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

By mid 30s I guess 34-36...

Baba, when you go marry?

Yes, 34 - 36.

Haha
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
eagleeye259:

I have a permanent job and accommodation is not a problem. I agree it is good to start early. The problem is someone asking me today if I have found someone to marry and I tell the person no. I speak with the same person two weeks later and the person asks if I have found someone to marry. Two weeks is too short for me to conclude I will marry someone.

Take things easy, look for your old girlfriends you broke up with and mend things up..As it stands now falling in love with a new young lady is risky.
my take
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by elampiro(m): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
sinaj:
Relax, I was just pulling your legs.

Take your time to avoid rushing in and out, coz whatever you do people will always talk.

It is good to rush in tongue
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by culf: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
Nephilim:
lolz rara oo! No be set up o. Na ppl like him no wan make ppl like us marry on time... grin

hahahaha, its not so dear. Its better we wait, be ready before doing it instead of rushing in and start looking for ways to rush out.

nobody can delay you, once its your time, you will do yours
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 12:11am On Dec 30, 2019
stinflame:

Take things easy, look for your old girlfriends you broke up with and mend things up..As it stands now falling in love with a new young lady is risky.
my take

That's a good suggestion. I have only been involved in one relationship which ended a couple years ago and I can't go back to her. The reason I wasn't involved is because I didn't want to waste anybody's time or tie myself down because I had a very long way to becoming self-sufficient. Over the years, I have relocated from from one state/country to another.

I lay low and try to be "undercover". Thanks.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Octopusssy(f): 4:53am On Dec 30, 2019
eagleeye259:

That's true. For me, putting thing in order mean being able to take care of the needs of my family. I don't want my children to experience the hardship I passed through growing up. Thanks.
True, but don't attend your first child's primary school graduation when you're 50
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by chikk(f): 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hello @eagleye259, how were you able to solve the problem in thread?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Popular Ota Families End Age Long Land Dispute / 18 And I Want To Die Already, Why Do I Over Think? / See What They Are Saying This Morning in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.