Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,077 members, 7,845,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married (2156 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by deltateam: 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:
Ha! mid 30s?

Oga go and marry tongue

Have you married?
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by olabrinks(f): 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Yes you should have
eagleeye259:

Yes, I know I am getting old. Should I have used "old man" rather than "young man"? Thanks.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by emeijeh(m): 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:
will be16 next year so Im underage and cant marry yet lipsrsealed
People dey lie sha!

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eniolorunfe: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
Copied...

HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
olabrinks:
Yes you should have
Haha
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
Everyone is in their time zone. Everyone running their own race. Settle down when you certain it will work.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by culf: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
starting early is good but if you're not ready for it then wait.

I'm in same age range and I'm married.

Bros, if you like to settle down, once you see a lady that understands you, go ahead.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by culf: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nephilim:
Go and marry! Those that married at early age doesn't have two heads.

easy o
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by culf: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:
Ha! mid 30s?
Oga go and marry tongue

aunty easy o, no be like so o.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by faithfull18(f): 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
Lol, you can't escape it as long as you are in this part of the world. It is what it is, worse for ladies.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by ayanbaba2(m): 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
eniolorunfe:
Copied...

HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals cheesy cheesy grin

shift, let me faint!

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Nephilim: 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
culf:

easy o
hahaha hahaha! No oooooo! make he go marry....haba
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by culf: 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nephilim:
hahaha hahaha! No oooooo! make he go marry....haba

na setup be that o
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 7:28am On Dec 29, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Everyone is in their time zone. Everyone running their own race. Settle down when you certain it will work.

Absolutely. Thanks.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 7:32am On Dec 29, 2019
culf:
starting early is good but if you're not ready for it then wait.

I'm in same age range and I'm married.

Bros, if you like to settle down, once you see a lady that understands you, go ahead.

Thanks bro. My initial plan was to get married in my early 30 but I had to go back to school and develop myself professionally.

Sure I will.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 7:35am On Dec 29, 2019
faithfull18:
Lol, you can't escape it as long as you are in this part of the world. It is what it is, worse for ladies.

I can only imagine what ladies go through.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by chikk(f): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2019
Sorry I didn't take time to read the second page, but it's possible that someone has already said what I have to say, as some are on the first page.

First off, Being ready to settle down means both in pockets and mind. You're building your pockets, but is your mind ready? Do you have someone at the moment? If your friends are matchmaking you, it means you don't have anyone and that's not very good.

Waiting till you make heaven and earth might also not happen. Remember, your wife might be the key to your breakthrough, your star. So joining forces with her might give your the stability you need.

I also don't think anyone is ever 100% ready to settle down, it begins and ends with you, your choices and spouse. So first, start a meaningful relationship and then together, build your future.

Cutting off people has its good and bad sides. If they're genuinely concerned, then don't, otherwise, by all means do. Me, I resulted to telling my folks to send me a text and I'll call right back once I determine their purpose of communicating. I cannot come and kill myself.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you and may the new year smile at us all.

Compliments of the season.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Heloct(f): 10:26am On Dec 29, 2019
This life I can't kill myself oo

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by sisisioge: 10:43am On Dec 29, 2019
Well...I have turned it to fight with them all. It was a tough Christmas when we had a huge fight over me declaring that I'm nolonger interested sed cheesy grin grin.

Just tell them to either leave you to do it at your time or you aren't going to do it at all sef wink

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by StPete: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2019
Most times, the idea to getting married early is that you should be young and agile to train your kids. Not when you’re at retirement age and your kids are still in primary or secondary school. And forget about piling up monies for them cos hefty circumstances can change all your stored up fortunes.

What if you die in your 50s, your kids would be at the mercy of people who would turn them to errand boys/girls and exposing them to all sorts of vices. And no matter how long you wait, you’ll never get a PERFECT marriage. Every marriage comes with its own issues. Marry and build your home early with you and your partner. All that matters in life at the end is people (family) not wealth (material things)
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
eagleeye259:
Hello NLanders,

Compliments of the season. I am a young man in my mid-thirties. I am a professional and a graduate student. I am getting bored by people (family and friends) asking me to get married. Almost all the folks I spoke with on Christmas day said the same to my ears. In the past, friends have invited me to visit them and I discovered they were trying to match-make me. I am looking to get married at some point in the future when I find someone I can live the rest of my life with. The truth is none of these folks will suffer the direct consequence if I get married to the wrong person.

Initially, I planned a visit to my family early next year but I am thinking of postponing it till maybe end of 2020 and also reducing the frequency of communicating with folks.

To the married folks, how did you cope with this?

if you have a stable job,a roof over your head and you okay.Uncle go marry unless you lacking the above mentioned.
Give those kids the privilege to meet daddy when he is still strong and fun to be with ,not one old man whose life then rotates on drugs.
Secondly you can easily place your child when he or her is done with schooling.
get married next yr and in twenty years time you will be 55yrs will your kid will be 20..
plan now and you will appreciate all advising u to marry later.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Nephilim: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
culf:

na setup be that o
lolz rara oo! No be set up o. Na ppl like him no wan make ppl like us marry on time... grin
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by joy199(f): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
eagleeye259:
Hello NLanders,

Compliments of the season. I am a young man in my mid-thirties. I am a professional and a graduate student. I am getting bored by people (family and friends) asking me to get married. Almost all the folks I spoke with on Christmas day said the same to my ears. In the past, friends have invited me to visit them and I discovered they were trying to match-make me. I am looking to get married at some point in the future when I find someone I can live the rest of my life with. The truth is none of these folks will suffer the direct consequence if I get married to the wrong person.

Initially, I planned a visit to my family early next year but I am thinking of postponing it till maybe end of 2020 and also reducing the frequency of communicating with folks.

To the married folks, how did you cope with this?

I am going through same issue, went for my little cousins wedding last week, that how family members did meeting on top my matter ooo, bla bla that I am getting old, mind you, I am in my late 20s. All they kept on saying is that you are a woman, you might have delays in child birth, they want to eat my yam before they get old Bla bla bla, to the extent that when some of them sees my mum, the first greeting is, when is your daughter getting married.

I don't understand why they think it is right to pressurize someone to get married, marriage will surely come at the right time. I had to leave after the wedding to Lag, because its becoming annoying.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Graxie(f): 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
Everywhere kids kids, what if he marries and the kids delays to come? Marriage is it all about kids? Some mindset makes the journey of marriage tiresome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
chikk:
Sorry I didn't take time to read the second page, but it's possible that someone has already said what I have to say, as some are on the first page.

First off, Being ready to settle down means both in pockets and mind. You're building your pockets, but is your mind ready? Do you have someone at the moment? If your friends are matchmaking you, it means you don't have anyone and that's not very good.

Waiting till you make heaven and earth might also not happen. Remember, your wife might be the key to your breakthrough, your star. So joining forces with her might give your the stability you need.

I also don't think anyone is ever 100% ready to settle down, it begins and ends with you, your choices and spouse. So first, start a meaningful relationship and then together, build your future.

Cutting off people has its good and bad sides. If they're genuinely concerned, then don't, otherwise, by all means do. Me, I resulted to telling my folks to send me a text and I'll call right back once I determine their purpose of communicating. I cannot come and kill myself.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you and may the new year smile at us all.

Compliments of the season.

I believe my mind is ready even though I have not been married before. I don't have anyone at the moment, I have been engrossed in my academic and professional pursuit and will be rounding up soon. I am presently looking around.

They are genuinely concerned but I feel like they are overly concerned when they should not. Someone asks if I have found someone to marry, I tell the person no. I speak with the same person two weeks later and the person asks again if I have found someone to marry. Even if I meet someone after our last discussion, two weeks is too short for me to conclude I will marry her.

Amen. I hope 2020 will be better for us all.
Thank you so much. Compliments of the season. All the best!
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
sisisioge:
Well...I have turned it to fight with them all. It was a tough Christmas when we had a huge fight over me declaring that I'm nolonger interested sed cheesy grin grin.

Just tell them to either leave you to do it at your time or you aren't going to do it at all sef wink

Haha. Thanks.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2019
stinflame:

if you have a stable job,a roof over your head and you okay.Uncle go marry unless you lacking the above mentioned.
Give those kids the privilege to meet daddy when he is still strong and fun to be with ,not one old man whose life then rotates on drugs.
Secondly you can easily place your child when he or her is done with schooling.
get married next yr and in twenty years time you will be 55yrs will your kid will be 20..
plan now and you will appreciate all advising u to marry later.

I have a permanent job and accommodation is not a problem. I agree it is good to start early. The problem is someone asking me today if I have found someone to marry and I tell the person no. I speak with the same person two weeks later and the person asks if I have found someone to marry. Two weeks is too short for me to conclude I will marry someone.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Prognose: 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
johnkey:
Nobody can pressure me into getting married I repeat nobody.

My friend go and marry angry
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
joy199:

I am going through same issue, went for my little cousins wedding last week, that how family members did meeting on top my matter ooo, bla bla that I am getting old, mind you, I am in my late 20s. All they kept on saying is that you are a woman, you might have delays in child birth, they want to eat my yam before they get old Bla bla bla, to the extent that when some of them sees my mum, the first greeting is, when is your daughter getting married.

I don't understand why they think it is right to pressurize someone to get married, marriage will surely come at the right time. I had to leave after the wedding to Lag, because its becoming annoying.

Whenever they ask, I tell them it will happen at the right time and I will let them know when it is time. It can be really annoying. Thanks.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Prognose: 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
eagleeye259:

I thought so too. Thanks. That's true. An interim solution is to minimize contact with folks.

Lol, surely it's not that bad.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by chikk(f): 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
eagleeye259:

I believe my mind is ready even though I have not been married before. I don't have anyone at the moment, I have been engrossed in my academic and professional pursuit and will be rounding up soon. I am presently looking around.

They are genuinely concerned but I feel like they are overly concerned when they should not. Someone asks if I have found someone to marry, I tell the person no. I speak with the same person two weeks later and the person asks again if I have found someone to marry. Even if I meet someone after our last discussion, two weeks is too short for me to conclude I will marry her.

Amen. I hope 2020 will be better for us all.
Thank you so much. Compliments of the season. All the best!

This is more than concern then... Has a "monitoring spirit" feeling attached. Abeg, block those ones off asap.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will You Allow Your Adopted Son To Marry Your Biological Daughter? / I Have Never Had A Fight With My Fiance /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.