Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (50110 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by fatymore(f): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
gregyboy:

Agree with him ooh nor go do passs yoursslf na him won foot the bills not you

I will tell him in the future tongue
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by 1Sharon(f): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
UnknownQueen:

Later when you talk they'll say, [b]he could be d future president, future this [/b]and that, children they refuse to take care oooo,, presently I'm married with two kids a boy and a girl, recently I found out to be pregnant and I will be aborting when I return home from the holidays, only for me seek advice and trust Nigerians na. They say mk I leave Belle wey I no fit cater for

Sis, I hate when people say that crap. What is the chance of becoming a president?

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.
Shutup!
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.
[/s]
Rubbish!
Lucky kee you der
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by sacx: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
1Sharon:

Yes Nne, it is God that gives children.

Family planning is from satan to destroy God's plan.

The bible says be fruitful and multiply.

Your mother gave birth to you, so you will birth yours.

If your parents did not give birth to you, will you be on this thread?

grin

I dey tell you my sister. We came here to destroy the works of the devil. Born and let God. We cover the earth! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by 1Sharon(f): 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
dankol:

Do you know any other. I am keenly interested in in the male contraceptives. Am following up on a research about a male pill for contraception.. it's still in the testing phase. For the record everyone has the right to sire as many as they want. There is no rule for or against it. [s]But it's just unfortunate that we prefer to act on faith than facts, believe our religious leaders and ancient books when population was a big deal than reality where ordinary ndlea test, young blooded men and women were jumping walls and fighting to write test.. we rather let nature take it's course than plan. Yes, you can't always get the plan implemented in totality. True, but if there would be deviations, it would be more manageable than no plan at all. like I always tell people around me, provided you don't come knocking on my door for school fees or financial help.. we are good. Good luck[/s]..

You're asking me if I know any other? undecided

If you don't know about contraception, why have sex?
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by dankol: 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
UnknownQueen:

Thanks for the re assurance bro, I'm on my way to aborting mission

Don't let anyone guilt-trip you. If you know and you know you won't be able to cater for the child. Pls do the child a favour by terminating it.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
fatymore:
wetin do you

Nothing o
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by frankmoney(m): 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2019
tommy589:

Thanks. You are one of the few sensible commentators here.
I am in support if it is a matter of choice and not economic reasons. Because what this is about for many comments here is that, I am going to have 2 kids and I can not care for other people.

It is the selfishness of many and not ready to lend helping hands that is talking. Some have genuine reasons but Many of the comments is without sense of responbilities and space for others in their future families. Nigeria economy is just an excuse.
What they waste every month is enough to support a family of four.How much do they even send monthly to the parents that raised them since they started working?
You see them subscribing 12k DStv and data monthly. As status symbol they will rent 2/3 bedroom flats with vacant room that will be left unoccupied. Not to talk of changing to latest phones periodically, buying trending clothes monthly etc.
The country is bad, I admit. But it's that same country that their average parents fend for them and still catered for relatives that needed help.

this is exactly why you need only two kids , you are seeing 12k dstv , changing of phones as waste means there is something wrong economically with the country . Nigeria of your parents wasn't as populated and economically viable as today , you can't compare the two at all .

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nowenuse: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

The North can keep populating the earth with children, they will eventually inherit a Somali like nation filled with instability & war. Na dem sabo.

You are not being reasonable. The northern Muslims cannot be allowed to have so many children while Christians are having fewer children. It doesn't make any sense as long as we share the same country. ...... Cos we are still affected one way or the other by their stupidity and we can never limit it as long as we share the same country.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
permit:
Op you are right to some extent, but let me say this that the average Fulani or hausa don't think of this as an issue hence it is their powerful political tools, while you are trying to make your life easier and for rest of us with your idea of family planning, other's are busy reproducing like rats there by making your life you planned a miserable one..

Nigeria is never over populated but the bad leadership is..

If we all have the same ability to reproduce just like the northern part of Nigeria, we can change and shape the pattern of leadership, so you don't need to view our little population as a threat to our individual life's.... undecided undecided
Even mosquitos have their importance .

In terms of average density per landmass, Nigeria is pretty overpopulated. For comparison, Nigeria's landmass is 923,763 km², whilst Texas (just one state in America) is 695,662 km² - roughly two-thirds of Nigeria's landmass. Yet the population of Texas is 28.7 million compared to Nigeria's 180 million. That's a ridiculous density per square km.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Ryocaj(m): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:

They are educated at least all my neighbours are degree holders buy underemployed sha
Really? na wa o.. their education na rubbish then.. The University helps u develop in character first.. then learning second.. dem just pass through school.. school no pass through them..

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by fireback: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2019
OJODEL10:
the best thing is have the number of children you can care for . even caring for two children in this country of ours where a rubber of rice cost roughly N1000 . but come to think of it having many children is not a crime my parent gave birth to 6 of and we are doin fine does not mean you should do the same please think b4 you do.
all this my parents this my parent that is what I don't like hearing. We talking of nigeria condition today and you're talking of your parent that got married in 20yrs ago. Abi how old are your parents and how old are you right now. My father too had 8 children and we are all doing fine too, but none of my family is planing to have that kind number of children even when we are all living in our own houses and doing fine. Nigeria have reach it peak in case you don't know, it's a time bomb waiting to explode.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Trybes(m): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

I am as much a Christian as you but I do not subscribe to having unplanned reproduction which plunges families & nations into poverty.

God is not an author of confusion & he could not have meant uncontrolled child birth when he commanded that we should go forth & multiply.

Wisdom is profitable to direct especially for Christians living among murderous islamists.
Well the matter is simple if you intend to have max two children only then you should stop having sex having gotten that number of children. Because next go could lead to another child. Certainly this would be tough. Do not attempt to use any means to go against the natural process of conception. That is wisdom and not being shady
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by tck2000(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
Hmm
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nowenuse: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
Saltybear:

Exactly

I always say it, the poor are the problem of Nigeria

Can't you see one dolt there typing he wants four kids?

If you check he lives an absolutely gut wrenching mediocre life and is totally satisfied with it and has no qualms about bringing kids to suffer

Anyways my.joy is when war starts these children of the poor will be drafted as child solders for revel groups

The sad part of this all is that the people who need this anger channeled to are not on nairaland and these are the northern Muslims.

So far so good, the majority of Christians in Nigeria, even northern Christians hardly have more than 4 children... Go to the north and see the real deal.

I am a northern christian, my mother has only 3 children, while her immediate junior sister who is a Muslim has 8 children and among these 8 children, the first daughter already has 3 children while the first son has 1 or 2 already and they are both younger than myself and my brother who are both in our mid 20s and have no children yet. So by the time I and my brothers are having our first children, our younger Muslim cousins should already be having more than 12 children combined.

I have another muslim cousin whose father had 32 children.

So you folks are misdirecting and mischanelling your anger to the wrong folks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by McCoy662(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
Honestly, my mom is one and max is two for now. I have been thinking this too. I'm just afraid of populated family, maybe cos we are many. My mom have 11 children grin
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Legendguru: 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
That’s why they kept struggling to take care of them . 2 atleast is okay in this generation nobody will take care of your mistakes for you stop blaming uncles who are rich you put yourself in such mess and you will bare the responsibility yourself.the world has changed and we have moved past the time when parents will wait on their children to come and take care of them when they grow old most child these days at age 40 45 are still struggling to make ends meet!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nowenuse: 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Sooner or later, Nigeria will be liberated from their strangle hold & they will be worse than chad. Just watch out. Make God no kill us.

Thank you very much, this is what we should be talking about first before we talk about population control.

Many areas of Northern and Middlebelt Nigeria which were originally Christian majority are now being overrun by muslims and you people are here flexing muscles on the Christians online who are increasingly having fewer kids in our majority.

See, northern muslims if they are in a country of their own without oil money will be forced to enforce birth control in their own country or self destruct, but as long as they are in a one Nigeria where they must compete with Southerners and Christians for political domination, they even encourage their people to produce more children in order to dominate politically and win elections.

Use your tongue to count your teeth.
Southern Nigerians and Christians cannot be arguing with each other over birth control while our northern and muslim counterparts keep popping out kids with which they hope to overrun us.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by AbuAeesha: 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
[quote author=uninspired07 post=85289004]

Why can’t you stop at 2? Nigeria has changed radically from the time of our parents?

How do you know that I am not among the 1st two children of my parents?

Nigeria is just too failed a country to burden with overpopulation. I observe that people who give birth to many Children are always illiterate & stark poor.
this part of country where I live I know alot of pple who are extremely rich and have more than 20 children
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nowenuse: 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
kevoh:

It is only a handful of Northern political leaders that will still remain rich even if the Northern population have the numbers to win every election in Nigeria till eternity. The rest of them with their 4 wives and 25 almajiri children will continue to remain in poverty. They should keep popping out those kids. Hunger does not respect anyone.

Yes but these high numbers of almajiris eventually determine your political leaders and the political future of your children. These same almajiris end up dominating your future and controlling the wealth of your nation which they channel to develop their own region in return.
Indirectly, you are working for them.

Economic power without political power is quite useless.
Jews controlled the economy of Europe, but it took just one European political power to almost wipe them out entirely from the face of the Earth and they lost most of the wealth they have gathered for centuries within just a decade.

Common sense is not always common.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Sirwallace(m): 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
I can see that majority agree with the op that it is ridiculous to breed kids in a 4th world war country like Ours considering the antics of this present and future dispensation without proper plans and care for these innocent kids.

same thing Sanusi preached in the north and they made an enemy out of him.
the north has always been the problem of this country. I blame the greedy British for the 1914 almagamation.

unfortunately, majority of these people polluting the whole country with miscreants are not educated to even know the damages and tolls it takes on the country.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by DeanSim: 5:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
This thinking about God will provide for them is a great and faithful mindset if it's sincerely from their heart and not hypocrisy. That means if you have more kids and you believe God will provide, then work it out with faith, and it will happen amazingly.

It's funny how religious we can be but we aren't faithful to God and ourselves. For example in business, some entrepreneurs who don't even believe in God, all he or she has is vision or dream and they held it tight like something big which is true. They believe strongly in it with the assurance it will materialize if backed by action.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Orpe7(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Why can’t you stop at 2? Nigeria has changed radically from the time of our parents?

How do you know that I am not among the 1st two children of my parents?

Nigeria is just too failed a country to burden with overpopulation. I observe that people who give birth to many Children are always illiterate & stark poor. And they are not afraid of poverty do they hug it with gusto by having many children they can’t cater for.

NB: 10 Childern? That’s fantastic. I am sure your pops was doing fine back in the days to have been able to shoulder the responsibility.

.leave him, he thinks nigeria of the 80's is the same as now
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Kentrolevels: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
OSUigboFlatHead:
[s][/s]
Rubbish!
Lucky kee you der
[/s]
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
LZAA:

You keep missing the point
Brazil alone has a higher birth rate than nigeria
U won't say brazil is totally backward would you
No it does not. I don't know where you're getting your strange stats from. Nigeria's birth rate, fertility rate and population growth rate are FARRRR higher than Brazil. It's not even close. Please, use your Google. This is 2019, not 1919.

Also u have to factor in the fact that in south america and africa homosexuality is an anomaly hence man and wife
Also last time i checked china alone still has a billion plus population excluding immigrants
Are they backwards too?

Homosexuality has little influence on birth rates. Homosexuals are a small minority of the population.
China's population is not a measure of its breeding habits. It simply means ancient China consolidated a very large, homogeneous civilization. And nobody is talking about population here, but population growth rate. China's population is static and barely growing and might be entering a period of recession (like Japan and South Korea which have declining populations). Most of the population growth in the world over the next century will come from subsaharan Africans because we still breed like medieval Europeans. It's symptomatic of an unproductive culture. It's a fact of life that productive, enlightened cultures simply don't have the time or inclination to be breeding like rabbits. And we need a serious reorientation.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nowenuse: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

You shouldn’t be surprised. He’s a northerner & they have a mandate to overpopulate Nigeria. They can have Nigeria, a backwater, big for nothing shithole to themselves, we would gladly leave the expired contraption to them. It’s the southerners who want to bring plenty children to continually battle with Almajiris that I pity.

Are you okay? Are you saying we should all vacate our ancestral lands for the Hausa fulani muslims to occupy or what?
Which country do you think can accommodate all Nigerian Christians?
I am beginning to see that you are an agent of the caliphate sent to confuse Southerners and Christians.

See, Nigerian Christians if separated out as a people from the muslims are not as poor and wretched as western statistics project us nationally to be.

Nigerian Christians are at least 80% literate and the extreme poverty among us is like 25%.

80% of extremely poor and illiterate people in Nigeria are the muslims.... Take them away and Nigeria will be on par with countries like South Africa, Turkey and Latin American countries in terms of Human development index!
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by swazpedro(m): 6:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

God forbid, but if they die, they die niyen. There are a lot of great people that are the only child of their parents. Justice Brett Kavanaugh & Justice Antonin Scalia both of the US Supreme Court were the only kids to their parents & they turned out great. Even Hillary & Bill Clinton had only Chelsea Clinton & she didn’t die after college.

It’s time Nigerians abandon this idea of burdening God with their fvck ups. It is especially expected of southerner who are not educated & exposed to have dropped this type of thinking. The idea of overpopulating the country is a relic of a past era which should be left with northerners.

Bringing American families into Nigeria setting, to me as long as you can feed them all population doesn't matter, a typical Nigerian would be scared if he has only one child, the dwindling population in the west and them opening up their borders for emigration in past years should tell you that this your ideology seems good but on the long run it's baseless to me, I know the joy I got from my siblings care, I won't make my children feel less cause this age and time and scared of overpopulation, the major strength the North has against other zones is their population just so you know they hold a deciding factor in all elections... FELLOW NIGERIANS BORN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF, bad economy or good economy... The end will justify the stress... No use OP oyibo mentality that feels that anything the West is doing is just right logically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Boydehot: 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
Am confuse if you are still single and you think 2kids should be the maximum number of children all Nigeria parents should have pls click (like) and those against should go for the (share) button.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Kentrolevels: 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
OSUigboFlatHead:

Shutup!
[/s]
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nowenuse: 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Why should any sane person be angry at a thread geared toward saving them from poverty & increasing the likelihood of their families escaping one of the worst countries in the world?

I can’t fathom why anybody will be against this thread.

I am against this thread cos Southern and Christian youths of today are naturally having fewer children than their parents did. Nobody needs to tell them.

What people like you should rather channel your energy on is the unity of Christians in Nigeria to see to the immediate division of this country. Not telling people to have fewer children when that is already the trend for the majority of us.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
Nowenuse:

Thank you very much, this is what we should be talking about first before we talk about population control.

Many areas of Northern and Middlebelt Nigeria which were originally Christian majority are now being overrun by muslims and you people are here flexing muscles on the Christians online who are increasingly having fewer kids in our majority.

See, northern muslims if they are in a country of their own without oil money will be forced to enforce birth control in their own country or self destruct, but as long as they are in a one Nigeria where they must compete with Southerners and Christians for political domination, they even encourage their people to produce more children in order to dominate politically and win elections.

Use your tongue to count your teeth.
Southern Nigerians and Christians cannot be arguing with each other over birth control while our northern and muslim counterparts keep popping out kids with which they hope to overrun us.

I've argued this a number of times on this forum, but the emboldened is a myth. Nigerian Christians are no less prolific in their breeding than Northern Muslims. You're every bit as likely to see an Igbo woman with 6 children as you are to see a Fulani woman with 6 children. All of us need serious reorientation in this country: North or South, East or West. Incidentally, every population census conducted in Nigeria since iindependence has the same ratio of Northerners to Southerners: about 55% to 45%.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

My Wife Betrayed & Left Me And Got Pregnant For Another Man While I Was In Jail / Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? / UPDATE: Snake In My Roof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.