Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (50129 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Westernlove: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
Fash20:
Omo bro.... Me go get like 12 children ooo.

Insult me how you want i don't care.... tongue tongue tongue[color=#006600][/color]

Mumuu born them, Na our food be that, If foools like you no dey, How our Poverty & Political Agenda wan take Thrive. Do quick, We dey wait for them for our crib lol...

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by LZAA: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
In the us and Britain some couples have up to seven or eight kids
Population planning is well on theory but trust me there is a reason even china had to reverse their one child rule
It's just not practical
The truth is just born the number you want and then stop
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by CorporateJay(m): 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
abdulizom:
This matter is simple:

If you like born half, I will born more than that inshAllah my strength can carry.

When I'm struggling training 2 engineers, 3 lawyers, 4 accountants, 5 political scientists at ABU, UI or OAU

You can continue with your lawyer in Cambridge, he will come back to be a consultant or bloody civil servant under the Ministry any of my sons is heading.

Arrant nonsense!!!

6 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Liposure: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
One of d reasons 4 d crazy high birth rates is becos some people think having many kids places them in a special class.another reason is dat families hav a strong conviction dat one or more of the children will become rich n thus change d status of d family.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by phazotron(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Nigerians dey naturally stupid

The government should tie number of children that a couple can have to their salary level

If their salary level doesn't get to a certain point they must not have children

If the break the law

Both go to prison

We must limit population growth the China (draconian) way

Because Nigerians reason like goats

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
CorporateJay:

What sort of unintelligent statement is. This... Abraham. Had many children so you to should have... If you go by the Bible facts.. Abraham lived more than 5000 years ago... There was land and everything else to support those children.. The competition for resources was not this tough how many people were existing on earth then.. ... ...apart from availability of resources to everyone then.. Even the Bible said he was a very wealthy man with lots of gold... A rich man is allowed to have as much children as you want to.. If you can provide the necessary support for them... But a poor people... Should stick to one or two and not create problems for the society

Nice.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by permit(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Southerners shouldn’t breed indiscriminately. Southerners should plan & be ready for the coming invasion. By plan, I mean have the number of kids you can take care of & prepare them like the state of Israel prepares its citizens for war at anytime with its hostile neighbors.
Israel is a United country who knows their common enemies.
Nigeria is not so, now the number of the enemies are much more than those who can defend themselves, remember they have the government power, be it that military.. so Nigeria is a case on it's own without reference

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Fourwinds: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Its banging time ....Oya bang
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by DexterousOne(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
ememonl:

Bro, don't work by sight, work by faith. I come from a family of 7 kids. We went through the toughest of times because my God fearing popsi will not compromise his faith to practice corruption. In the end what we gained most is character, humility, discipline and a fierce fighting spirit. No single sense of entitlement.

Today our last born is in a private university. Our first is a bank manager, second is a doctor in law lecturing in a prestigious university in Melbourn, I have just established a multi million naira factory, my younger ones are starting up real good.

Believe me when I say Nigeria is better now than before. I still remember during Abacha era when my family will have absolutely nothing to eat some days despite both my parents being senior civil servants. My popsi stayed beck at home on two occasions because no TP to get to work. People actually fed from trash cans back then.

Like I said don't work by sight. Work by faith. I know this because when I look at my popsi now am just happy for him. We are still coming up and he is already balling. Remember children are the blessing of God.

Interesting
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by haryomikun(m): 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
do you think having 2kids keeps you away from the harsh economy? Or do you thinks its everyone with many kids that's poor? Me I just can't takeb2 children. Call me whatever you like. Its my life and my decision

Like I said as for me ooo either maximum or minimum its 4kids.

When you know how to play your cards well. You will understand my own point
You're quite narrow minded and don't really possess common sense.

It's not an abuse. It's actually a fact bro

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Psoul(m): 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
Bbbwings:

Have you heard of courtship.
You iron these things out before getting married

Hahahahahahahahahaa....Oga leave matter.
The thing wey we dey talk while going to fetch firewood for bush no be the same thing we dey talk on our way back from the bush.

Leave courtship out of this biko.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by 77up(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
That's op decision and it's a very good one but mine is 4maximum , may God provide for me to take care of them properly.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Preetychina22(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
abdulizom:
All these stories of 2or 4 kids doesn't add up to me: on the contrary, why should one have even 4 kids in a country with low life expectancy, bad road and terrible health couple non functional educational system when I have the financial capacity to take care of dozen.

Our problem is that we copy the white without applying any sense of logic.
In our peculiar environment, please born as many as you can take good care of. If you don't, sure you'll take care of other people or relative responsibility.

My father had 21 lost 2, having 19 left we are all are virtually doing great, supporting each other.
Having experience joy of large family, I can never ask for a thin or slim family.

My father about 2 years acknowledging that he would have been dead 10 years to his time if not for the children he had.

Suleja-Minna road was blocked down for his Janaiza prayer cos crowd and personalities that attended the burial.

I have 4 kids now, attending one of the best schools in town and by His Grace more are coming .
Wow
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by ikorodureporta: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

How will malaria claim one of your children if you’ve not been careless with their welfare? And please don’t wish suffering on your family.

Iya kin se omi obe.

do you know how many people have lost their children while trying to give them the best of training, esp in boarding schools?

It's not always about yr carelessness
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by ccollins(m): 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
AmarachiAshawo:
While you keep limiting children or follow family planning on not having more than 2 children, the North keep breeding for political reason and advantage. They will keep ruling and lording over us with their population advantage.
inbox, make we talk. Your pic is pretty. Your from Anambra also? Text me in collins4reall@gmail.com
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
Liposure:
One of reasons 4 high birth rate is dat In most communities, people tend 2 hav many kids as dis places them in a special class.another reason is dat families hav a strong conviction dat one or more of the children will become rich n thus change d status of d family.

You see the problem? Does one of the kids have to be rich? What they need is to be comfortable & be able to cater for themselves individually. And what you need to get there is a sound legacy of education. I didn’t get any inheritance from my father other than education & it’s serving me well. I also intend giving my 1 - 2 children good education. They should be able to take things from there.

Nigeria will be worse in 20 years time with northern Almajiri kids storming Lagos from the north. No southerner wants to even imagine the carnage that will happen then. By then, the sane ones will be watching Nigeria on CNN from better nations.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by haryomikun(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
ememonl:

Bro, don't work by sight, work by faith. I come from a family of 7 kids. We went through the toughest of times because my God fearing popsi will not compromise his faith to practice corruption. In the end what we gained most is character, humility, discipline and a fierce fighting spirit. No single sense of entitlement.

Today our last born is in a private university. Our first is a bank manager, second is a doctor in law lecturing in a prestigious university in Melbourn, I have just established a multi million naira factory, my younger ones are starting up real good.

Believe me when I say Nigeria is better now than before. I still remember during Abacha era when my family will have absolutely nothing to eat some days despite both my parents being senior civil servants. My popsi stayed beck at home on two occasions because no TP to get to work. People actually fed from trash cans back then.

Like I said don't work by sight. Work by faith. I know this because when I look at my popsi now am just happy for him. We are still coming up and he is already balling. Remember children are the blessing of God.
Faith landed Nigeria where it is today....

Besides Nigeria isn't better now than before. Your family is better now than before.... There's a huge difference

You guys were lucky to have been dedicated and born in a period where education had value. If your popcy been try that 7 children thing now, e go be problem

7 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by olas24u(f): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
Religion plays a role

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Fash20: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
Westernlove:

Mumuu born them, Na our food be that, If foools like you no dey, How our Poverty & Political Agenda wan take Thrive. Do quick, We dey wait for them for our crib lol...

That was harsh but i promised insults are welcome.

Lol...You don't know nothing boy.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by davidque: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

Get one thing straight. Not all fingers are equal. While your perspective or reality of things is hardship and difficulty, some people are having the time of their lives in this seemingly difficult time. Many can afford the wherewithal and time to raise 5 children. I have 3 daughters and i dont pray extra prayer for bills and other needs. Not everyone as issues with raising children, some have one and life is hard for them
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by ikorodureporta: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
ccollins:
inbox, make we talk. Your pic is pretty. Your from Anambra also? Text me in collins4reall@gmail.com
we dey talk family issue here, this one dey Chase ashawo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Preetychina22:

Wow

You shouldn’t be surprised. He’s a northerner & they have a mandate to overpopulate Nigeria. They can have Nigeria, a backwater, big for nothing shithole to themselves, we would gladly leave the expired contraption to them. It’s the southerners who want to bring plenty children to continually battle with Almajiris that I pity.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
Toneyo:

After I had 3 kids I did family planing. Now, I have 5 kids. Family planning failed me twice.

I could have floushed them but no, I cant abort my own blood.

Things are not that easy for me, but I dont mind putting on rags to give my kids the best. They are all I've got.

Your case is a lesson to other men out there planning on having more than 3.

It's sad that family planning never worked out for you. I call on young men and women of nowadays to adopt more strict and safer methods of family planning that will ensure they do not reproduce more than intended number.

Imagine the wealth you give to the last two kids was used to strengthen the first three kids you had. I'm sure that the first three would have been more balanced than they are now if it were so, and also you'll have less worries or headache at your old age.

Even when after you have finished having three kids and you blow to the point your wealth is too much surplus for just three kids, devil is testing you please don't go and now born more, wealth can be deceiving, instead open an NGO and help the teeming orphans in the society. Don't start borning more to make it five kids because wealth can be very deceiving and can vanish in a second after you had increased the number thinking you can now cater for five kids, leaving you surprised on how to now cater for 5 kids. That is case of my dad who increased his number after blowing. The wealth vanished and we had very rough teenage. Please stick to your number when you eventually over-blow, that is the lesson. If you look for what to do with money, do charity.

Regardless, for you the deed has been done. Please do not regret having the 5 kids now, it will affect your affection for them. Love them unconditionally and keep on working hard to cater for them, with faith things can eventually turn around for the better for you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by haryomikun(m): 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

You see the problem? Does one of the kids have to be rich? What they need is to be comfortable & be able to cater for themselves individually. And what you need to get there is a sound legacy of education. I didn’t get any inheritance from my father other than education & it’s serving me well. I also intend giving my 1 - 2 children good education. They should be able to take things from there.

Nigeria will be worse in 20 years time with northern Almajiri kids storming Lagos from the north. No southerner wants to even imagine the carnage that will happen then. By then, the sane ones will be watching Nigeria on CNN from better nations.
Bro several Nigerians are narrow-minded. You're wasting your time arguing.

It's that narrow mindedness that put us here. The whites that didn't have 5-10 children, where are they today? The Chinese that have 1 child only aren't they progressing? The Indians that have 5-10 kids why is the poverty rate there so high?

These things are trends and facts. Nigerians work with faith and belief, two concepts that don't work in the real sense of it

7 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by NotComplaining: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
fieryy:

Although, I do understand where you're coming from this is rather harsh. They have the right to have kids as anybody else also.

Then youre saying they have the right to abuse the innocent.

Being poor and having children is reckless, Godless and selfish. Poverty is enough a reason to abstain from marriage.

No Prophet was mentioned for having children while in the state of lacking basic necessities.

Would you encourage a poor man to have 10 kids? If not, what will happen to those 10 kids that will not happen to that one child that was born in destitution?

Children deserve a chance to succeed, deprivation leads young people into dangerous groups and idleness. Remember, parents are only responsible for a quarter of the upbringing, everything else is determined by the evironment the child finds him or herself in, which is directly the consquence of the parents economic standing.

It is the job of a government to take its people out of poverty through wealth creation schemes. But unfortunately the denizens of Nigeria do not call their leaders to order and would rather take a shortcut, fornicate, than take the bull by the horn and sort out the system.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
davidque:

Get one thing straight. Not all fingers are equal. While your perspective or reality of things is hardship and difficulty, some people are having the time of their lives in this seemingly difficult time. Many can afford the wherewithal and time to raise 5 children. I have 3 daughters and i dont pray extra prayer for bills and other needs. Not everyone as issues with raising children, some have one and life is hard for them

This sounds like a consolatory tale but it’s alright. You can have more kids since you’re yet to have a boy.

Good luck.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Judolisco(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
No child is a mistake if u are having money to take care of four kids why not
James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Preetychina22(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
Blueelf:

Bros, how old are you? No insult but you sound quite immature.

You can plan and plan for the future yet, it'll remain unknown to you.

Have you seen families with 2 kids in abject poverty? Have you seen families of 8 living very well (rich in fact)?

Have 2 kids out of preference and not because of economy. Recession affects everyone; 2 kids or 10 kids. It doesn't factor the number of seed you have. Okay?
I beg to differ. You're the one with a poor logic.
A man who has 2 kids and earns 100k monthly will cater for his kids better than a man who earns the same amount but has 10 kids.
It's simple logic, stop twisting it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by DexterousOne(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
emerged01:
As young as I am,I have only two boys and I don’t wish anymore. I don’t even want to think of buying baby food and diaper. When you see your wife changing 3 to 4 diapers in a day and telling you that our baby need different kind of baby food,rice,maize,soya,banana,potato flavour e.t.c I go tell am say...,”but food na food,wetin concern flavor for this mattergrin
Lmao
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
Psoul:

Hahahahahahahahahaa....Oga leave matter.
The thing wey we dey talk while going to fetch firewood for bush no be the same thing we dey talk on our way back from the bush.

Leave courtship out of this biko.

I will lay the ground rules for any woman I want to marry ooo. If she defies my rule mid-marriage, I might as well exit the union. It seems some of you don’t know the severity of the issue at hand.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
Preetychina22:

I beg to differ. You're the one with a poor logic.
A man who has 2 kids and earns 100k monthly will cater for his kids better than a man who earns the same amount but has 10 kids.
It's simple logic, stop twisting it.

Don’t mind him. Let him keep rationalizing willful poverty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? / UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.