Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia (13974 Views)

Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City / Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 29, 2019
Windhoek is a beautiful city in Africa.

This thread is to showcase the beauty of Windhoek,Namibia

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 29, 2019
Kudos to countries like Namibia making the black race proud.

10 Likes

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by DonJayrome(m): 3:47am On Dec 29, 2019
True is really beautiful. I visited there last year and I will still visit soon. However I love Gaborone in Botswana more than Windhoek in Namibia.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 29, 2019
University of Namibia

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 29, 2019
Hosea Kutako International Airport

1 Like

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 4:03am On Dec 29, 2019
Namibia became independent from South Africa in 1990. So can their development be attributed to the South Africans?

9 Likes

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 29, 2019
DonJayrome:
True is really beautiful. I visited there last year and I will still visit soon. However I love Gaborone in Botswana more than Windhoek in Namibia.
What is the difference between Gaborone and Windhoek?
Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by DonJayrome(m): 4:09am On Dec 29, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

What is the difference between Gaborone and Windhoek?

The atmosphere is quite more serene in Gaborone than in Windhoek though they are both beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 29, 2019
DonJayrome:

The atmosphere is quite more serene in Gaborone than in Windhoek though they are both beautiful.
How did you find you encounter with the locals and getting around the city.
Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 29, 2019
Major difference between Namibia is the relative security. You do not see soldiers with AK 47 assualt rifles like you would when you land in international airport.
Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 4:38am On Dec 29, 2019
One thing I find fascinating about these countries (Namibia, Rwanda and Botswana) is their unceasing desire for development and they're doing that without making noise like one sleeping giant in West Africa.

Another fascinating thing about the 3 countries above is their women.... They're well shaped and so "hospitable" if you know what I mean. cool

A trip to Kigali won't be a bad idea to fulfill my fantasy.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Stewart883(m): 4:44am On Dec 29, 2019
Erediauwa:
One thing I find fascinating about these countries (Namibia, Rwanda and Botswana) is their unceasing desire for development and they're doing that without making noise like one sleeping giant in West Africa.

Another fascinating thing about the 3 countries above is their women.... They're well shaped and so "hospitable" if you know what I mean. cool

A trip to Kigali won't be a bad idea to fulfill my fantasy.

Very true. Rwanda is indeed a very beautiful city

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 29, 2019
Erediauwa:

The emptiest barrel makes the loudest noise. It shames all proponents that blacks africans cannot run civilized societies.

They are slowly advancing and Nigerians will soon be running to their countries to claim asylum cry

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 29, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

The emptiest barrel makes the loudest noise. It shames all proponents that blacks africans cannot run civilized societies.

They are slowly advancing and Nigerians will soon be running to their countries to claim asylum cry
Sometimes, I wish we could just make a swap deal with Rwanda and bring in Paul Kagame to govern the loud mouthed giant of Africa.
Nigerians will soon run to Namibia, Rwanda and Botswana to claim asylum? Lol, bro, they're already doing it.

70% of passengers flying into Kigali with RwandaAir are Nigerians running away from the shithole.... Same applies for AirNamibia.

"Who nor like better thing"

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 29, 2019
Erediauwa:
Sometimes, I wish we could just make a swap deal with Rwanda and bring in Paul Kagame to govern the loud mouthed giant of Africa.
Nigerians will soon run to Namibia, Rwanda and Botswana to claim asylum? Lol, bro, they're already doing it.

70% of passengers flying into Kigali with RwandaAir are Nigerians running away from the shithole.... Same applies for AirNamibia.

"Who nor like better thing"
It is so difficult to get a work permit there. They should just visit and not stay illegally or they will suffer.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by DonJayrome(m): 5:20am On Dec 29, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

How did you find you encounter with the locals and getting around the city.

Well it wasn't bad at all. A friend and I went from Botswana to Windhoek. We lodged at a certain Lanipo guesthouse and it was really nice in terms of good customer service. Though I didn't have issues with the locals and the beautiful Namibia ladies as they appeared nice when you give them some level of respect, but I think there is this stare of being uncomfortable when they know you are Nigerian. I don't want to say they hate Nigerians but its more like if they are scared of Nigerians and tend to watch their back when a Nigerian is around.
As for their ladies, I think Namibia has more beautiful (well endowed) ladies than Botswana.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 29, 2019
The languages spoken in Namibia are mostly Afrikaans, German, English and Oshiwambo (a native language). Namibia used to be a German colony in the early part of the 19th century, which reflects the German influence in most towns and cities. And Afrikaans language reflects the South African influence, which ended in 1990 when Namibia got independence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 29, 2019
DonJayrome:

Well it wasn't bad at all. A friend and I went from Botswana to Windhoek. We lodged at a certain Lanipo guesthouse and it was really nice in terms of good customer service. Though I didn't have issues with the locals and the beautiful Namibia ladies as they appeared nice when you give them some level of respect, but I think there is this stare of being uncomfortable when they know you are Nigerian. I don't want to say they hate Nigerians but its more like if they are scared of Nigerians and tend to watch their back when a Nigerian is around.
As for their ladies, I think Namibia has more beautiful (well endowed) ladies than Botswana.
It is worldwide, once you mention your from Nigeria in any country they get uncomfortable especially when they have had no prior interactions. sad. You have to try and change their negative perception.

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 29, 2019
If you have enough data. Watch this video
Windhoek is truly a beautiful,quiet and serene city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fWfrcx4TE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Mykel51(m): 5:57am On Dec 29, 2019
DonJayrome:

Hello, do you reside there or you travelled for holidays ?

I asked cuz I would love to vacation at Windhoek also
Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 29, 2019
More of Windhoek

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by DonJayrome(m): 7:59am On Dec 29, 2019
Mykel51:

Hello, do you reside there or you travelled for holidays ?

I asked cuz I would love to vacation at Windhoek also

I travelled there just for a short visit. I reside in Gaborone.
Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2019
Zoo Park,Wernhill Park Shopping Mall and more pictures of downtown.

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 29, 2019
Stewart883:

Very true. Rwanda is indeed a very beautiful city

Country not city

Kigali is however its capital city,

Pretty small compare to winhoek

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2019
Windhoek has a population of 325,000 people about the same as oil rich Warri in Delta state. However, is miles ahead in terms of development and infrastructure.

This is the difference between good governance and fantastical corruption.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by alien1: 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
DonJayrome:
Do you have pictures from Botswana?
Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
DonJayrome:

I guess you had no time to visit Swakopmund west of Windhoek. I heard it is even more beautiful and looks like any town in Germany.

Nigeria is unfortunately a failed state, with terrible and heartless leaders. I feels bad when you see other Africans nations advancing and we keep retrogressing.

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by DonJayrome(m): 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

I guess you had no time to visit Swakopmund west of Windhoek. I heard it is even more beautiful and looks like any town in Germany.

Nigeria is unfortunately a failed state, with terrible and heartless leaders. I feels bad when you see other Africans nations advancing and we keep retrogressing.

From the pictures I can see. I had no idea of that place. Nigeria is a mess for sure. With the much resources we have I still don't understand how Nigeria still looks like an ancient African nation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
DonJayrome:

From the pictures I can see. I had no idea of that place. Nigeria is a mess for sure. With the much resources we have I still don't understand how Nigeria still looks like an ancient African nation.
And there is no signs of things getting better as our population marches towards 300 million people in the next 3 decades.

Now you know to visit Swakopmund when next you visit Namibia.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by DonJayrome(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

And there is no signs of things getting better as our population marches towards 300 million people in the next 3 decades.

Now you know to visit Swakopmund when next you visit Namibia.

That destination will definitely be a thing on my mind when next am head to Namibia. I will be heading to Harare in January, those Zimbabwe Ladies got the best ass sizes in Africa. I have been chatting with a lady who really wants me to come so I guess that's going to be another crazy experience. Most of these Southern African countries are really nice, even the small countries like Swaziland and Lesotho are still far better than Nigeria. And I guess that's one of the reasons they sort of hate Nigerians in these regions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Mykel51(m): 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
DonJayrome:

Cool...you Nigerian ?

Modified...I read your discourse above...Howdy brother ?

How is Gaborone ?
Re: Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia by Asquare84(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
Let put development of Nigerian into the hand of God, see with God all the years that locust and cankarworm have eaten Nigerian will regain and over take this nation in a bleep of eye

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? / Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? / Xenophobia: Nigerians Hail Allen Onyema, Air Peace For Airlifting 187 Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.