Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Please Is Water Leaf Farming Really Profitable? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Is Water Leaf Farming Really Profitable? (1074 Views)

The Goldmine Of Bitter Leaf Farming Business In Nigeria / Please i need a sponsor or an Investor In Water Leaf Farming / Please Is Planting Of Beans Really Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is Water Leaf Farming Really Profitable? by my2chains(m): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
I have been thinking deeply on this but am yet to see an answer or to conclude,

although i had my mind on beans farming but saw otherwise from some beans farmer here in nairaland that regrets going into beans farming this year,

now my mind is changed towards water leaf farming,

i dont know how profitable water leaf farming is here in lagos,

the farmers i know that cultivates them looks dirty but still yet they say its profitable

the last time i checked, a bag filled with water leaf is sold #2,500

sometimes it goes all up to #5000,

and thats during the raining season

i heard someone can get up to 20 bags in just one plot per harvest,

please how true is this?

this are things we need to know because not everyone should go into pepper,tomato,cucumber,okro and the rest that are very much popular here,

if all of us should go into one type of farming then there would be a glut in the market,

some need to try and do others so to balance it.

Please i need your advice here if water leaf farming is really profitable or not

thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Is Water Leaf Farming Really Profitable? by my2chains(m): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
By the way water leaf can be harvested after just 3 weeks of planting the stems to the ground,

even the dirty looking aboki's here in my area has water leaf farms,

one elderly man once told me,
my son as far you can be able to master and grow any kind of vegetable

just take it to the market because there will always be a buyer there for it.

So am wondering do water leaf farming command more market?

Although it cant be compared to pepper farming

but you know half bread is better than none

1 Like

Re: Please Is Water Leaf Farming Really Profitable? by dawnomike(m): 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
It may be in lagos... Elsewhere, do not try it!!!
Re: Please Is Water Leaf Farming Really Profitable? by my2chains(m): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
dawnomike:
It may be in lagos... Elsewhere, do not try it!!!

sorry to say this but in calabar water leaf there is a gold mine,

if you can be able to grow it there you will even gain it more than here in lagos,

please we need water leaf farmers to enlighten us more

thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Is Water Leaf Farming Really Profitable? by my2chains(m): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
Water leaf is one of the easiest crop to grow

1 Like

Re: Please Is Water Leaf Farming Really Profitable? by UniversalDove: 7:02am On Dec 30, 2019
my2chains:
Water leaf is one of the easiest crop to grow
that's what we all think till we start growing it... I am here to learn tho.

One just have to take a bold step, life is all about risk
Re: Please Is Water Leaf Farming Really Profitable? by austinomd(m): 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
Any more update about the water leaf?

(1) (Reply)

I need cassava tubers in large amounts now / Land For Fadama And Raining Season Farming Available / Robonski N Other Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.