Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience (1025 Views)

Do You Still Use Facebook? Share Your Thoughts! / Could This Be The End To Being Scammed Online? New Tech Startup / Share Your Experience Switching From HTTP To HTTPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience by bizfirst: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
No one loves the reality of winding up at the receiving end of a scam or an online fraud.

Sadly, we sometimes (despite exercising caution and due diligence) fall victim to these frauds.

Most of the time, like rape, we do not report - and the fraudster gets away with the crime. And keeps on.

Let's change the narrative. If you have ever been at the receiving end of an online fraud - either locally or internationally, let's hear your story!

If you know the identity of the fraudster, kindly share it too so that others will learn from you and avoid falling victim.

Who'll go first?!
Re: Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience by Gordson: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
I am coming
Re: Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience by meobizy(f): 2:06am On Dec 30, 2019
This is something I'm highly afraid of happening. I will teach myself to double, triple and quadruple check on anything pertaining spending online. I do not want to become a victim. Last last I'll use the internet for knowledge building and nothing else to avoid such an occurrence.
Re: Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience by bizfirst: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2019
Gordson:
I am coming

Where you dey run go?
Re: Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience by bizfirst: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
meobizy:
This is something I'm highly afraid of happening. I will teach myself to double, triple and quadruple check on anything pertaining spending online. I do not want to become a victim. Last last I'll use the internet for knowledge building and nothing else to avoid such an occurrence.

Smart guy smiley

However, are you not afraid of losing out on some legit offers (that would prove game changers) in the process?
Re: Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience by meobizy(f): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2020
bizfirst:

Smart guy smiley

However, are you not afraid of losing out on some legit offers (that would prove game changers) in the process?
No. At all. You’ve seen an individual deprive him/herself of a good thing because of anger, right? I am ready to bear the full consequence of missing out on a free offer because I originally mistook it for a scam. Whatever pain I feel from such instance is minute compared to the mental and physical anguish one goes through from getting successfully scammed. If the offer was legitimate to begin with I wouldn’t doubt it for a second. As such the company should blame itself for not making its terms and conditions clear to laymen.
Re: Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience by Ayemileto(m): 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2020
Well, it's on this platform I met the guy.

I'm coming back to tell you the story.
Re: Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience by PuZZyNegro: 8:13am On Mar 04, 2020
meobizy:

No. At all. You’ve seen an individual deprive him/herself of a good thing because of anger, right? I am ready to bear the full consequence of missing out on a free offer because I originally mistook it for a scam. Whatever pain I feel from such instance is minute compared to the mental and physical anguish one goes through from getting successfully scammed. If the offer was legitimate to begin with I wouldn’t doubt it for a second. As such the company should blame itself for not making its terms and conditions clear to laymen.

If you do full time online business, sending online is inevitable.

Escrow can only help curtail the scam rate
Re: Have You Ever Been SCAMMED Online? Share Your Experience by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:26am On Mar 04, 2020
bizfirst:
No one loves the reality of winding up at the receiving end of a scam or an online fraud.

Sadly, we sometimes (despite exercising caution and due diligence) fall victim to these frauds.

Most of the time, like rape, we do not report - and the fraudster gets away with the crime. And keeps on.

Let's change the narrative. If you have ever been at the receiving end of an online fraud - either locally or internationally, let's hear your story!

If you know the identity of the fraudster, kindly share it too so that others will learn from you and avoid falling victim.

Who'll go first?!

Hmm, yes, 180k... The guy even insulted me on top. I'll never forgive him.

(1) (Reply)

Let’s Design Your Website, Mobile Apps And Software Today Get In Touch / What Do One Stand To Gain By Having A Website / Installing Iis On Xammp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.