Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,958 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Igbo Songs From The Past - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Songs From The Past (829 Views)

Music, Dance: What Gave Fulani Youths Joy In The Past (Video, Pictures) / The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past / History And The List Of The Past 14 Aare Ona Kakanfo Before Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Songs From The Past by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 30, 2019
Good day everyone
First off, I do not mean to irritate anyone. I'm just in dire need of the name and author of a song that goes like this:
"ebere e megbulam..."
I heard this song as a child and I still love it, though how to get it is now a problem, which is why I have resulted to nairalanders for help. What I think I know is that the song originates from owerri, even I'm unsure of the lyrics I put up there.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Songs From The Past by immortalcrown(m): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2019
Check Oriental Brothers or Sam Warrior.

For example, type 'Kwampete by Sam Warrior' or 'Kwampete by Oriental Brothers' on your browser.
Re: Igbo Songs From The Past by czarina(f): 9:37am On Dec 30, 2019
There's this song I heard in Onitsha, I didn't ask the person playing it for the title.

But it was a full album done by a man and some ladies. Every track was out of this world. So melodious.

It's not gospel, I've forgotten the wordings now, if you know any song in that description, please help.

Couldn't find it in YouTube when I newly heard it.
Re: Igbo Songs From The Past by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
immortalcrown:
Check Oriental Brothers or Sam Warrior.

For example, type 'Kwampete by Sam Warrior' or 'Kwampete by Oriental Brothers' on your browser.
Thanks, your answer helped out. It's actually Gwupiti Na Azu.
Re: Igbo Songs From The Past by bigfrancis21: 6:57am On Jan 01, 2020
Danrizzle:
Good day everyone
First off, I do not mean to irritate anyone. I'm just in dire need of the name and author of a song that goes like this:
"ebere e megbulam..."
I heard this song as a child and I still love it, though how to get it is now a problem, which is why I have resulted to nairalanders for help. What I think I know is that the song originates from owerri; even I'm unsure of the lyrics I put up there.

Yea my dad played this song a lot when I was a child. He was a huge fan of Oriental Brothers and the song's name is 'gwumpiti n'azu'. 'ebere m e megbule m nde manu gwumpiti n'azu....'

1 Like

Re: Igbo Songs From The Past by chimezieeze98: 8:25am On Jan 15, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Chech Her Out / What Happened To The Igbo Wikipedia? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.