Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? (13519 Views)

2022: A Year To Be Extra Careful / 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 / 5 New Year Resolutions You Can Easily Keep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by hisexcellency34: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
Why do people have to wait till January 1st to make 'New Year resolutions?

How is January 1st different from April 4, June 12 or September 15?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by helinues: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
It has become a ritual in these part of the world....

Well, I don't make any resolution. I just follow with the tide.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Simplyleo: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
Because there is this weird belief that whatsoever decisions or activities one takes or get involved in at the beginning of the calendar year, will remain so till the end of the year.

But, as we all have noted, there is absolutely nothing like that. cheesy

Take a decision at anytime and stand by it, that's all.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by donbachi(m): 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
For the past 7yrs,my younger brother be like"New year new me"...and he gets worse yearly.

179 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by StrikeBack(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
Religion

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by hisexcellency34: 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
I tell you my brother
Simplyleo:
Because there is this weird belief that whatsoever decisions or activities one takes or get involved in at the beginning of the calendar year, will remain so till the end of the year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by hisexcellency34: 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
He will break the resolution before January ending
donbachi:
For the past 7yrs,my younger brother be like"New year new me"...and he gets worse yearly.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by 247days: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by chrisifeanyi: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
so they can break it before January 10th. All Na scam. They think since is new year they will change their behaviour not knowing that bad habit doesn't know any month. They end up sad

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by DigitalLogic: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
every right thinking human aiming for greatness and all round perfection is expected to set goals(financial, emotional, physical, etc)

Goals without time attached to its attainment can take forever to achieve. Hence, the need to assess these plans annually.

this, unarguably is a worthy explanation for the birth of 'new year resolutions'

30 Likes

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
But OP talk true if na me ask you this kind question wetin go be ur answer?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by helixmanager: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
Great question from great thinking!

Many have died while waiting for January 1st to make positive decisions that would have made their lives worthy of living.

Great minds know that one can set smart goals at any time of the year.

Back to the question: The answers are-
1. Procrastination
2. Lack of guidance and success habits
3. Laziness

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Timileyin1234(m): 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
Shu we make it in feb
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Humphrizy(m): 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
Cos some do think...infact 80% of us generally believes that January is the first month of every year...so it's the best time to strike the deal called Resolution

Kindly call or whatsapp 0"8"0"9215"19'59 if you need Pure Original Unadulterated Honey... Thanks
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
Because December is a fry over undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by maxwelloweezy(m): 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
To plan well and set your goal by the grace of God
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by emmy85: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
They want to start the year well by setting goal.

BLUETOOTH APP RECHARGEABLE MAGIC LED CAP FOR SALE.
This cap is suitable for advertising, corporate group activities, birthday parties, dance dj, concerts, tours, pre-wedding photoshoot, wedding anniversary, church programs, Christmas and New year's celebration etc.

This is a multipurpose cap, it can be edited to fit into any occasion.
It is made of high quality material.

Price: 5k only.

Nation wide delivery is available.

Delivery fee is 1k within Lagos and can be picked up at our Location.

Pay on delivery available only within Lagos.

Colors available: Red and Black.

Call/WhatsApp 07088766576.

LIMITED STOCKS AVAILABLE!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by vickydankal(f): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Most of our 31th night / 1st January resolutions were done with mostly emotions lacking determination enough to backed it up. Resolutions are not what you plan a night, just like habits it takes time to build. A night is not enough. Come to God with your expectations and desires. The speed we make our resolutions is almost same speed we break them. If we plan resolutions from November it will easier to keep.

Enjoy God's grace

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Onlinealaba(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Lol..one of the major scam in Nigeria..2019 we go buy benz yen yen yen grin..na 2020 we de enter so ..just be ursef and ask God to make you better than u are in the past year.. shalom!

we sell electronics, patronise us in 2020 wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Because thats the time the devil signs-on the next year demons
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Humans love to deceive themselves

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by thatigboman: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
donbachi:
very funny
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by 24kmagic: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
kiss
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by soberdrunk(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
New year New Me....... angry
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by tosyne2much(m): 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2019
New year resolutions are for unfocused people who don't have their lives planned out

Any ambitious person with long term focus will plan his or her life every hour or minute and not necessarily wait for December 31st to do that

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2019
donbachi:

And you ve not used him for money ritual?

You still waiting for him to get worst then use you for money rituals

Its okay, Its your world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Thryphosa(m): 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2019
donbachi:

This got me laughing!
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Rapmoney(m): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
New Year resolutions are craps! What I actually mean is that they are a whole load of garbage!

An ambitious person should make strategic plans everyday of his/her life. There is a law that states that 'A work will be completed depending on the amount of time available for such work'. This means that if you give yourself one year to complete a job that should take a maximum of two months, the work will be completed in one year time or even more. Why? You allocated one year to it.

2020 will still have same time that 2019 has. What you do with it is what matters, not just shouting "My year of this and that".

Most resolutions will be abandoned in the second week of January.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ofe-nsala May Abort Your Early Pregnancy / Baby Kidnapped From Labour Room In Abia / Download All These Hot And Powerful Tools For Almost Free Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.