Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? (13537 Views)

2022: A Year To Be Extra Careful / 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 / 5 New Year Resolutions You Can Easily Keep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by arinzos(m): 12:43am On Dec 31, 2019
Its Just a Clean Slate to Start again.
I Make Strong Decisons on Sundays (New week),1st day of a New Month,My Birthday, and New Year.
Aside these Times..anyother time is just me Joking around grin
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by xnrucmew0: 1:04am On Dec 31, 2019
>>> CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP >>>
《《《SECURE DIGITAL PLATFORM 》》》

START MAKING AS MUCH AS $50 DAILY ONLINE!

WITH A MINIMUM OF $20, YOU CAN BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM.

LOCAL BANK PAYMENTS, BITCOIN AND ETHEREUM ACCEPTED.

BUY BITCOIN: https://localbitcoins.com

JOIN OUR DIGITAL PLATFORM TO START EARNING USING FOUR EASY STEPS: SIGN UP》ADD FUNDS》INVEST 》GET YOUR RETURNS.

All you require to earn is made accessible on your secured dashboard. You get up to 20% daily returns on all invested funds.

THIS IS A SIDE INCOME PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS YOU FOCUS ON YOUR DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES.

You can also make $1 each for every registration using your affiliate link.

Join Us Right Now:
>>> CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP>>>>
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by drlaykay(m): 2:35am On Dec 31, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Why do people have to wait till January 1st to make 'New Year resolutions?

How is January 1st different from April 4, June 12 or September 15?
Is it not simple?
It marks a new beginning.
If it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for people...
My first resolution was many years back when I was seeking admission. I was very resolute to getting admitted that year after I wasn't granted my course of choice after my first JAMB.
I set January 2 for serious studying. I had all the fun I could in the preceding December and I resumed reading on the 2nd as proposed... Trust me, the admission came so easily.
After then, I have tried it many other times which have worked.
I will be writing some international exams next year and I gave January 2 as official start up date. Speedy and well defined studying pattern. I turned down a better job offer which would have my salary doubled, but my current job gives me ample time to study and the new one wouldn't.
If I have not had that strong resolution against next year, I would have picked the job..
That's the resolution working already.

So anything with a new beginning makes it easy to aim for something new..

Also I had plans to set up certain things once I get married (which is a new beginning) and I'm strongly working towards it...

It is so difficult to wake up one morning and say I want to do this, then achieve it.
I once woke up one morning and it was the ending of January, and I said to myself, I want to leave my father's house... Without previous thoughts about it and I was comfortable in the house. I set the ending of February and by March 3, I paid for an apartment..

It's just about yourself primarily though but a plan to a new beginning makes it easier... And makes it easier to measure if one failed with the resolution or not. Because at the end of the year, u judge yourself.

PS: 2019 was a beautiful year for me. Thanking baba God for that and I pray for increase in 2020
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by demoBaba: 3:29am On Dec 31, 2019
helixmanager:
Great question from great thinking!

Many have died while waiting for January 1st to make positive decisions that would have made their lives worthy of living.

Great minds know that one can set smart goals at any time of the year.

Back to the question: The answers are-
1. Procrastination
2. Lack of guidance and success habits
3. Laziness

I don't see different between January 1 and others date, I do my things equal.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by hisexcellency34: 6:48am On Dec 31, 2019
Awesome truth

demoBaba:

I don't see different between January 1 and others date, I do my things equal.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by kenkel: 7:09am On Dec 31, 2019
helixmanager:
Great question from great thinking!

Many have died while waiting for January 1st to make positive decisions that would have made their lives worthy of living.

Great minds know that one can set smart goals at any time of the year.

Back to the question: The answers are-
1. Procrastination
2. Lack of guidance and success habits
3. Laziness

you made some good points here

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by kenkel: 7:11am On Dec 31, 2019
vickydankal:
Most of our 31th night / 1st January resolutions were done with mostly emotions lacking determination enough to backed it up. Resolutions are not what you plan a night, just like habits it takes time to build. A night is not enough. Come to God with your expectations and desires. The speed we make our resolutions is almost same speed we break them. If we plan resolutions from November it will easier to keep.

Enjoy God's grace
oil dey your head
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by IMASTEX: 7:14am On Dec 31, 2019
donbachi:
For the past 7yrs,my younger brother be like"New year new me"...and he gets worse yearly.
grin grin grin
That is because the resolution is just a ritual to them. Until he wakes one day & decide without having to wait till the end of the year. It might continue like that.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Ashabbiiee: 7:17am On Dec 31, 2019
Unserious people
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by FlordFlorez(m): 8:16am On Dec 31, 2019
The thing is that, from the ending of one year to the beginning of another, the only different is in the date. The circle continues.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by ritze(m): 8:23am On Dec 31, 2019
It's just a psychological way of cheering up oneself. I was always doing same until a jehovah witness dude preached to me in 1998. That was the first time i realised all na same 24hours abeg. Na only date change.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Ayobami7(m): 10:46am On Dec 31, 2019
真棒
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
Happy birthday francescainnoce,
Live long.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by tck2000(m): 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
DigitalLogic:
every right thinking human aiming for greatness and all round perfection is expected to set goals(financial, emotional, physical, etc)

Goals without time attached to its attainment can take forever to achieve. Hence, the need to assess these plans annually.

this, unarguably is a worthy explanation for the birth of 'new year resolutions'
Apt
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by tck2000(m): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
tosyne2much:
New year resolutions are for unfocused people who don't have their lives planned out

Any ambitious person with long term focus will plan his or her life every hour or minute and not necessarily wait for December 31st to do that
Apt
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by tintingz(m): 12:37am On Jan 01, 2020
DigitalLogic:
every right thinking human aiming for greatness and all round perfection is expected to set goals(financial, emotional, physical, etc)

Goals without time attached to its attainment can take forever to achieve. Hence, the need to assess these plans annually.

this, unarguably is a worthy explanation for the birth of 'new year resolutions'
Why do you have to wait till January, that's the question.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baby Kidnapped From Labour Room In Abia / Picture of the Man that Changed His Face To A Dog Face Through Surgery / What Does "Boxing Day" Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.