Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? (5268 Views)

N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? / There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / Marijuana In The Holy Anointing Oil As Described In Exodus 30:23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
Aah! Pasito! You go cause pandemonium if you do that wan o. All kinds of accidents go full Lagos streets and residences. It would be the most memorable april fool in the history of modern man if anyone can pull it off.  grin
Pastor AIO:

What a great idea for a hoax!  If I could afford it it is definitely the kind of think I can do.  I'll probably do it on the first of April and project it over Lagos.  It will start as a small brilliant speck in the sky and then slowly get larger, and there'll be angels and light and colours darting in and out of the clouds.  Also I would have film cameras set all over lagos filming people's reactions.  

In fact I would do in in many different cities around the world, and then edit it and make a film out of it called the Greatest April Fool ever which will then show in cinemas around the world and that will be how I will make my money back.  
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by UyiIredia(m): 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Heard of it. Seen it. Was a fake. Turns out to be the face of Leonardo Da Vinci. Sorry.

are you serious ?
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2010
Yes, i am. The Turin shroud fakery is very well known and a lot has been written about it. The shroud fabric itself was dated back to somewhere in the middle ages and no further.
Uyi Iredia:

are you serious ?
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by UyiIredia(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Yes, i am. The Turin shroud fakery is very well known and a lot has been written about it. The shroud fabric itself was dated back to somewhere in the middle ages and no further.

if you got this info from a book i'ld like to know the title >>> meanwhile i will check out your claim on Google
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by okeyxyz(m): 8:54am On Dec 05, 2010
jesus was captured by DDC machines during elections in those times grin
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by okeyxyz(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2010
but seriously, is anybody described physically in the bible or in any religious text for that matter? why? b/c it's not f@@king important. christyianity & religion teaches spiritual principles & not physical attributes, & any average intelligence person would know that(so i'm guessing u guys r of below average intelligence). the bible tells of elijah coming back as john the baptist & yet no one recognized him as elijah until jesus revealed so. john the baptist was the much awaited elijah spiritually(in principle, teaching, attitude, behaviour, manner, temperament). therefore jesus would come back in the same spirit, & not physical likeness.

besides the bible tells that jesus was of humble background & upbringing, so how many ppl of such upbringing in history do you know had true portraits of themselves made. it was simply the preserve of kings, royalty, lords, the wealthy, etc who could afford such cost.

Guys, think!
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2010
Jesus was described several times in the Bible buit not directly. Have you seen children of carpenters at mushin? You dare not complain about the odd mistake they made building your chair.(Jesus will not forget na for your head though) Do you not remember how he smashed trading sheds in the temple without one trader putting up a fight? Jesus definitely looked like a whiteman's TD Jakes so watch out for a WWE contender in his second coming.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Well, i saw "your" answer and i believe it as false. You are not the body of christ, but the body of the church establishment. Without you, the church can neither survive nor even exist. That you are the body of christ is a lie told to you by the church to keep you still interested. The church uses the self-constructed symbol of Jesus just as much as it uses YOU to ensure it's continuing survival. Wake up and get real.

Okay, back to the topic. Where is the Jesus description in the NT? anyone?
Go and learn to believe 1Corinthians 12v14,27. When you do, you will know that we are the body of Christ. and that there is no cause to panic of whether the hand or the neck or the chest will not recognise their Head when He calls.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2010
I have read it and "learned" it and it taught me nothing about you guys being the body of christ. You may think yourself as the body of christ, but if that christ is that white jew who came to stage a 3 day pseudosuicide for the "sin" of mankind about 2 millenia ago, then you have declared yourself decieved. If such is the case, then the truth is - whether you like it or not - that you are merely the body of the church that keeps the christian religious clergy in affluent existence and relevance and nothing more. That is what you were, what you are now, what you have always been, and what you will always be. . .  unless you finally wake up. The doctrines that your religion has been feeding you with are the programmes that are running you and keeping sure that you remain a firm and faithful brick in that wall that has sustained the christian priesthood for almost two millenia.
Image123:

Go and learn to believe 1Corinthians 12v14,27. When you do, you will know that we are the body of Christ. and that there is no cause to panic of whether the hand or the neck or the chest will not recognise their Head when He calls.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2010
^i said go and learn to BELIEVE. If you can believe, all things are possible to he who believes. Only believe.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by poweredcom(m): 11:45pm On Dec 05, 2010
Yeah Jesus real history shows he is Not white, as his crucifixion is also a result of racism , white skin, like the fair-haired savior painted by Leonardo Da Vinci i

Now Diaspora Africans have uniform culture, traditions and spirituality with continental Africans.

Religion is perhaps the most potent binding force there is. In fact, there is no other binding force as potent and total. It encompasses a peoples outlook, traditions, culture and philosophy of life. The food we eat and how we prepare it, our manner of dressing, the names we bear, the way we speak or rear our children and our attitude to life generally are controlled by our religions. But because of public persecution and the mental and psychological damage we have suffered as a result of slavery and colonialism, we are ashamed to flaunt what is ours. We hide our native essence behind the popular alien ones.

Every conquering religion claims superiority over those before it and that life began with its advent. Without destroying what is on the ground,
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2010
Image123:

^i said go and learn to BELIEVE. If you can believe, all things are possible to he who believes. Only believe.
I don't need to learn how to believe, mate. As a sentient being, i already have the inborn ability to do just that. Every sentient being has one ideology or the other they hold dear, whoever they may be. Furthermore, i have the ability and the grace to choose what i want to believe, as well as choose what i want to reject and one of those i reject is both the imposition attempt of the christian doctrine and the teachings of them.

The christian doctrine, to me, is totally inadequate for me to believe in, and blind belief in anything is not what i practice. The christian clergy would love that of course, for very obvious reasons known to most of us.

Whatever ideology i choose to believe in has to make sense to me on many levels; intellectually, spiritually, morally. . . the christian doctrine failed me in all those levels. What i choose to believe in has to sync with my soul, my spirit, my higher self, it has to help to keep expanding my consciousness to greater levels because, IMO, that is the only way to achieve salvation. And that is through the continual expansion of one's consciousness. The christian teachings, however, have failed woefully in those regard by trying to do the exact opposite, the spreading of a kind of total spiritual dumbing down. That is not what i (as well as the entire mankind) need now.

So sorry, brethren, no blind belief for yours truly. Though you may personally find solace in blind belief, but not i. Blind belief only plays into the charlatan christian clergy to prey upon and you quite understand what i mean by that. smiley
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2010
It's like one who was promised the luxury, comfort and joy of a beautiful car, only to see a car and not like it. I think it's either he got the wrong car or he doesn't know much about cars. Seems like your story to me, you must have got the fake 'christian doctrine'. If you knew my Jesus, as in really knew my Jesus, just one look, you couldn't walk away maybe.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2010
That's the whole point of it all, is it not? The personal christ. "Your" christ is yours, just as other people's christ are theirs. Everybody should and do have their own christ and each christ of each individual will differ from one another as each individual will differ from one another. The question is this, are you sure "your" christ is not that which was created for you by the church and thus belongs to it? Is your christ a church imposed one? That is the 1 million dollare question.

About seeing your christ, well your christ is yours and not mine, so even if i know it i would most probably still walk away because it is yours and not mine. I do have my own and it is for me only. I don't need yours, so walking away will not be difficult. I don't need the help of a church doctrine to have a christ. Every human have a christ consciousness in them with or without religious belief.

However, if you got your christ from the church, then you have been decieved and you will be decieved again and again and again until you finally wake up enough to redefine what your christ really is. BTW, who will you be looking for coming through the skies? A black Jesus or a white one? wink
Image123:

If you knew my Jesus, as in really knew my Jesus, just one look, you couldn't walk away maybe.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2010
To redirect this thread to it's proper path i need to remind folks that the theme is about that christian figure of worship, JESUS, and not about the christ which is a totally different thing. Jesus was a man/god, while christ is a title denoting a spiritual state of full awakening of the human consciousness. The eastern term for such a state is the buddhahood.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 11:16pm On Dec 06, 2010
BTW, who will you be looking for coming through the skies? A black Jesus or a white one?
am i suprised you don't get it? i should be caned if i was. I don't have to look for Jesus. If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. My body doesn't look for my head, or mistake another's to be mine, does yours? We are the body of Christ. When He comes, we will appear with Him because we are His body. Only believe
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:34pm On Dec 06, 2010
What is there to get? The only thing i get with you is that you have been well deceived by your religion.
Image123:

am i suprised you don't get it? i should be caned if i was.

How do you be in Jesus without being within a church doctrine, because that is where you are, not in any body of Jesus. For you to find christ, you will have to free yourself of the grip of the church's toxic indoctrination and purify your inner consciousnessl completely. Without that, you are just deluding yourself. You will never find christ and become a new creature. Never.
Image123:

I don't have to look for Jesus. If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature.

Does your pastor and the rest of the christiandom agree with this interestingly unchristian and blasphemous concept of yours?
Image123:

When He comes, we will appear with Him because we are His body. Only believe

No, my friend, salvation is not that cheap. It takes a whole lot more than just believing. The church has deceived you really well.
Image123:

Only believe

Back to that question. White or black? Which kind of Jesus are you waiting for?
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 9:14am On Dec 07, 2010
Does your pastor and the rest of the christiandom agree with this interestingly unchristian and blasphemous concept of yours?
Quote from: Image123 on
Yesterday at 11:16:56 PM
When He comes, we will
appear with Him because we are His body. Only believe
Shows your biblical inadequacies. Go and learn to believe Colossians 3v4.
Jesus said 'Only believe' so it's as simple as that. Whosoever believes in Him will not perish. I'm expecting Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by VALIDATOR: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2010
@Uyi Iredia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin
I also watched something similar about it on National Geographic (or was it History or Discovery Channel). Some people just love being fooled for a promise of an illusory heaven/paradise.

Now @topic,
Jesus' physical appearance was never mentioned in the Gospels but so was that of many other people in the bible.
It was never mentioned that he ever
1 Urinated
2 Defeacated
3 Had his bath
4 Brushed his teeth

But so were many other people in the bible.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2010
Image123:

Shows your biblical inadequacies. Go and learn to believe Colossians 3v4.
And why should i believe the colossians(whoever they were)?

Image123:

Jesus said 'Only believe' so it's as simple as that. Whosoever believes in Him will not perish.
How are you sure that those were the words of Jesus and not those of the RCC clergy of old? You were not there to hear Jesus say that, were you? The clergy of the church had ample opportunity and motives to put words into the mouth of this chacaracter of Jesus through their total control of the access to the biblical texts throughout the early days of the christian history right up to the reformation period. The clergy could have and did make Jesus say whatever they wanted him to say that would favor them and their future. So, the big question is, did Jesus say that verse or did the clergy? That is a querry the answer of which is quite open in the air. And i, like i already said earlier, don't do blind belief.

Image123:

I'm expecting Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Thanks for getting back to the main theme. Now, how would you recognize Jesus when his description was never given in the holy book? How would you know him when and if he does come?
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2010
^you've failed to understand the answer to your queries, so let me 'mellow down a bit' to what you MAY understand. NO CHILD OF GOD WOULD NEED TO RECOGNISE HIM, HE'LL RECOGNISE THEM.
As to your fears on the infallibility of God's Word, no need to fear, only believe. Really that's all to be done by you. People have tried and are still trying to remove from and add to the Scriptures, it's just not possible, as in IMPOSSIBLE. The Word of GOD will stand forever, even if heaven and earth pass away, solid stuff, reliably dependable.
Nobody, no government or organisation, demon or company, devil or gate can remove one tittle from the Word.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by mazaje(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2010
Image123:

^you've failed to understand the answer to your queries, so let me 'mellow down a bit' to what you MAY understand. NO CHILD OF GOD WOULD NEED TO RECOGNISE HIM, HE'LL RECOGNISE THEM.
As to your fears on the infallibility of God's Word, no need to fear, only believe. Really that's all to be done by you. People have tried and are still trying to remove from and add to the Scriptures, it's just not possible, as in IMPOSSIBLE. The Word of GOD will stand forever, even if heaven and earth pass away, solid stuff, reliably dependable.
Nobody, no government or organisation, demon or company, devil or gate can remove one tittle from the Word.

The confidence on display here is very funny. . . . .When did any God appear to you personally and told you he has any word?. . . .You believe the bible is the word of God ONLY because you have been manipulated and conditioned to accept that FALSE hypothesis and NOTHING more, You do not believe because it is true, you only believe because you were conditioned to do so. . . .The bible has been removed and added to so many time, men wrote it and men sat down and chose what to be known as the bible today through votes, based on their own personal opinion and theology interest, not because any God appeared and told them to do so. . . . .
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by mazaje(m): 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2010
This topic is making me laugh, many people all over the world are truly expecting Jesus to come back and save them during their life time but most of them don't even know how he looks like. . . . grin
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by VALIDATOR: 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2010
Image123:

@image123,
your words in blue have been shown to be untrue.See the verse below?The Red part was added to it and has severally been manipulated.God did nothing about that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Prayer#.22For_thine_is_the_kingdom.2C_and_the_power.2C_and_the_glory.2C_for_ever_and_ever._Amen.22

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

The bible is truly the word of the God.But the problem is that  God himself was made in the image of man;a jewish man.
Mohammad realized this and re-created God in the image of the arabic man.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by mazaje(m): 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2010
^^

Not just that, up until this day NOBODY truly knows who wrote any of the gospels. . . . .
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by InesQor(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2010
How is this topic important to the Christian?

How is this topic important to the non-Christian? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by poweredcom(m): 12:49am On Dec 09, 2010

Not just that, up until this day NOBODY truly knows who wrote any of the gospels.
\\read dis https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-10743.0.html#msg7298696
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2010
VALIDATOR:

@image123,
your words in blue have been shown to be untrue.See the verse below?The Red part was added to it and has severally been manipulated.God did nothing about that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Prayer#.22For_thine_is_the_kingdom.2C_and_the_power.2C_and_the_glory.2C_for_ever_and_ever._Amen.22

I wasn't going to answer this because you've not said anything, but i changed my decision. I said 'people have tried to remove or add to SCRIPTURES and it's just impossible'. Then you come up with a link. Did you read your link talking about EARLIER manuscripts. Anyone knows words can be erased, torn eroded from an earlier material than a later. Or you don't think it possible? And most importantly, there's nothing 'added' that was not in the earlier manuscript. Your link talks of 1Chronicles, did you read that? Or that's not the Word of God?
It's just like the Mark 16 passage where some claim that it was 'added'. Is there any new thing there that's not in other parts of scriptures? Are they not as equally inspired and renewing/God breathed as other scriptures? When we talk of no add/subtract, we're not really referring to tearing away a page from your personal Bible, or the back pages eating up due to age, or marring with ink, or writing some notes in your Bible. ONLY BELIEVE, those are the words of Jesus, and no one, nasa, nccf, Nepa, UN, pdp, fifa, no body can add to or remove from it.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2010
InesQor:

The topic is not important to the christian imo. But to the unbelievers, everything is important to them except the one thing that's needful.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2010
It is important to christians because of a very high possibility of being deceived in the so-called "last days" when your lord will come through the clouds. Since you all are not able to recognize the saviour Jesus that you are all waiting for because he was not specifically described in the scriptures, you all are perfectly programmed to swallow a possible deception. A fraudulent Jesus could easily placed before your eyes and you will fall for him, hook, line and sinker. That is why it is important for every christian to at least ponder.
InesQor:

Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by InesQor(m): 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2010
Image123:

The topic is not important to the christian imo. But to the unbelievers, everything is important to them except the one thing that's needful.
Abi o my brother! undecided Helep me ask them!!!

Jenwitemi:

It is important to christians because of a very high possibility of being deceived in the so-called "last days" when your lord will come through the clouds. Since you all are not able to recognize the saviour Jesus that you are all waiting for because he was not specifically described in the scriptures, you all are perfectly programmed to swallow a possible deception. A fraudulent Jesus could easily placed before your eyes and you will fall for him, hook, line and sinker. That is why it is important for every christian to at least ponder.
This is trash, sorry. We don't need to know how he looks when we see him to know Him, anymore than we need to see God before we [i]believe [/i]in Him.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by VALIDATOR: 8:27am On Dec 10, 2010
It is important to the christians because a certain "Jesu Oyingbo" (now dead) deceived a lot of you christians to thinking he is your messiah.That is just a very local example (somewhere at maryland,lagos).There are more of such both locally and in other countries. magha must pay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg / 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD / Tb Joshua's Church Branch In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.