Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,763 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? (5262 Views)

N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? / There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / Marijuana In The Holy Anointing Oil As Described In Exodus 30:23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2010
This just occurred to me now. 9000 verses and no single description of the physical features of Jesus in the whole of the new testament. If i am wrong about this and i missed that verse, can a well read christian point it out for me to see? But just in case i am right and there is no single description whatsoever in the NT bible, can anybody then tell me how the image of Jesus was arrived at and by whom? This is purely out of curiousity. smiley
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2010
The answer to this is of great importance because millions of christians, who think they know him, are waiting for his second coming. If they do not know how he is supposed to look like, then they are opening themselves up to be suckered, yet again.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by googles: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2010
Well I'm sure they must have had artists and craftsmen during that age who would/could have done some works on him. And over the time the works

have been recycled till this age  undecided just my thoughts tho' I'm not saying this is it  
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2010
That is one theory, but such craftsmen who painted or sculptured people at that time were never mentioned in the NT, and definitely no verse mentioned Jesus posing for a portrait.
googles:

Well I'm sure they must have had artists and craftsmen during that age who would/could have done some works on him. And over the time the works

have been recycled till this age undecided just my thoughts tho' I'm not saying this is it
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by googles: 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2010
Jenwitemi:

That is one theory, but such craftsmen who painted or sculptured people at that time were never mentioned in the NT, and definitely no verse mentioned Jesus posing for a portrait.

Were you really expecting to see a detailed story of how everybody lived and wat they did for a living in the bible ? And Jesus did not have to "pose" for

a portrait, He could have been painted under any circumstance or condition  undecided oh please like pple necessarily have to pose before their portraits or

photographs can be taken
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2010
How come that was not mentioned in the gospel? An event of such importance should have gotten a mention, as well as the mention of the person who did the painting. But no such mention can be found in the gospel, as far as i am concerned. Keep searching for that verse.
googles:

And Jesus did not have to "pose" for a portrait, He could have been painted under any circumstance or condition  undecided oh please like pple necessarily have to pose before their portraits or

photographs can be taken
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by tpia5: 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2010
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by googles: 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2010

Dude seriously ? ok look at this analogy . . . at a campaign Goodluck was taken by an anonymous artist, he took home the picture and made a portrait of

it. Does dat grant him a special recognition column in the Nigerian Constitution ?  undecided

Same way Anyone one could have painted Jesus while he was going about his good works. Will the Bible record an anonymous artist ?  undecided
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
No description from the gospels then? All those are just portraits by artists who never saw him in flesh. I need a verse in the gospels that described his physical features.
tpia@:

just google it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_of_Jesus#Artistic_portrayals
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 01, 2010
We all know how Mr. Goodluck looks like, don't we? We do not need any artist's painting for confirmation. The case of Jesus is quite different in that nobody knows how he really looks like and yet millions are waiting for his return. Quite odd, don't you think?
googles:

at a campaign Goodluck was taken by an anonymous artist, he took home the picture and made a portrait of

it. Does dat grant him a special recognition column in the Nigerian Constitution ?
  undecided

Same way Anyone one could have painted Jesus while he was going about his good works. Will the Bible record an anonymous artist ?  undecided
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by googles: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2010
grin grin

Oh dude going back and forth on this issue with yuh doent make any sense cos I can't stop rolling my eyes at ur posts. :d

You know jonathan goodluck now cos yuh are in desame age and time but in 2000 yrs will they know wat he looks like except dey see a picture ? Abeg think dis thing nah ah na wa for u oh
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by tpia5: 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2010
Jenwitemi:

No description from the gospels then? All those are just portraits by artists who never saw him in flesh. I need a verse in the gospels that described his physical features.

if you dont see any such verse then what's the problem?
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2010
I am quite aware that we are in the same age, but in years to come there will still be writings about Mr Jonathan describing his physical features as well as photographs and paintings of him becasue he was a relatively important man. Jesus, on the other hand, who was supposed to be much more important man, had only vague writings about him with no details whatsoever. Moreover, since he was destined to return, physical pointers should have been placed in the gospels for the faithfuls to hold on to. This is just common sense.
googles:

grin grin

Oh dude going back and forth on this issue with yuh doent make any sense cos I can't stop rolling my eyes at your posts. :d

You know jonathan goodluck now cos yuh are in desame age and time but in 2000 yrs will they know wat he looks like except dey see a picture ? Abeg think dis thing nah ah na wa for u oh

Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2010
I have no problem with it because i am not a christian. But you christians will have problems which will be what i have already asked: how will you folks recognize Jesus when he does come? That is the problem, your problem.
tpia@:

if you dont see any such verse then what's the problem?
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by tpia1: 5:11am On Dec 02, 2010
Jenwitemi:

I have no problem with it because i am not a christian. But you christians will have problems which will be what i have already asked: how will you folks recognize Jesus when he does come? That is the problem, your problem.

and where have[b] I[/b] said I have a problem with it?
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2010
But you and your brethrens do have a problem here, whether you verbally admit it or not. You are being asked to await a personality nobody knows how he looks like. That, imho, is an open invitation to submission to mass deception and fraud. As it stands right now, anyone can play this Jesus. Faking his second coming by projecting a specially selected holographic image in the sky coming amongst the clouds is now a piece of cake, 'cos the technology is available. Does that not bother you as a christian awaiting Jesus? You should be wary that you could be played like a piano, and you will be, together with millions of your other waiting brethrens.
tpia1:

and where have[b] I[/b] said I have a problem with it?
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 10:29am On Dec 02, 2010
@OP
We are the body of Christ. Hey, don't dive into the lagoon yet, its not your fault. I mean, what can a blind man do about colors, would he dive into the lagoon? You have hope, your hope is sight, or bigger still, Life. But with God sha, all things are possible.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:55am On Dec 02, 2010
The church institution(the christian clergy, to be precise) is the body of christ, not you guys. That is what your central doctrine tells you. You guys are just lifeblood that keeps this behemoth religious institution alive, no more no less. Anyway, that is beside the point so do not divert. The theme of the thread still remains the biblical description of the physical features of Jesus is non-existent.  smiley
Image123:

@OP
We are the body of Christ. Hey, don't dive into the lagoon yet, its not your fault. I mean, what can a blind man do about colors, would he dive into the lagoon? You have hope, your hope is sight, or bigger still, Life. But with God sha, all things are possible.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by tpia1: 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2010
Jenwitemi:

But you and your brethrens do have a problem here, whether you verbally admit it or not. You are being asked to await a personality nobody knows how he looks like. That, imho, is an open invitation to submission to mass deception and fraud. As it stands right now, anyone can play this Jesus. Faking his second coming by projecting a specially selected holographic image in the sky coming amongst the clouds is now a piece of cake, 'cos the technology is available. Does that not bother you as a christian awaiting Jesus? You should be wary that you could be played like a piano, and you will be, together with millions of your other waiting brethrens.

you're giving yourself hbp for no good reason.

i said i dont have a problem with religious iconography.

should i make it my problem like you are doing?

and why should i do that?

if you want to attack christianity do so without making yourself look daft.

if your grouse is people are seeing holograms and calling them Jesus, then direct your concerns to the appropriate audience, or rephrase so whoever you're talking to can understand what you're saying.

of course you have a point but your presentation needs a little more work.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by UyiIredia(m): 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ Jenwetemi/ first post >>> you ever heard of the Shroud of Turin >>> google it out wink
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Nezan(m): 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2010
An atheist wants to see a picture of Jesus! how absurd.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2010
Heard of it. Seen it. Was a fake. Turns out to be the face of Leonardo Da Vinci. Sorry.
Uyi Iredia:

@ Jenwetemi/ first post >>> you ever heard of the Shroud of Turin >>> google it out wink
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2010
I am neither an atheist nor do i want to see Jesus face(very doubtful if he ever had one). This is just an inquiry.
Nezan:

An atheist wants to see a picture of Jesus! how absurd.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by alimat2(f): 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2010
@poster,
i have the same thinking about the picture of the xtian ascribed lord cos i was just wandering if the man
(jesus Leonardo Da Vinci.) was a movie artiste in his time.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2010
Jenwitemi:

The church institution(the christian clergy, to be precise) is the body of christ, not you guys. That is what your central doctrine tells you. You guys are just lifeblood that keeps this behemoth religious institution alive, no more no less. Anyway, that is beside the point so do not divert. The theme of the thread still remains the biblical description of the physical features of Jesus is non-existent.  smiley
I'm not diverting your 'question'. Its just that you're blind to see the answer, can't do much about that, e dey your hand. We are the body of Christ.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 02, 2010
jenwitemi said:

I have no problem with it because i am not a christian. But you christians will have problems which will be what i have already asked: how will you folks recognize Jesus when he does come?.

Y'know the funny thing about this is that christians never really thought about it.  grin grin

I can imagine some of them looking around now and saying ''y'know this dude's got a point''.  grin grin
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 12:36am On Dec 03, 2010
^for your mind.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2010
alimat 2:

@poster,
i have the same thinking about the picture of the xtian ascribed lord cos i was just wandering if the man
(jesus Leonardo Da Vinci.) was a movie artiste in his time.
Leonardo was a mischievous genius in his time who loved to make fun of "believers".
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2010
Well, i saw "your" answer and i believe it as false. You are not the body of christ, but the body of the church establishment. Without you, the church can neither survive nor even exist. That you are the body of christ is a lie told to you by the church to keep you still interested. The church uses the self-constructed symbol of Jesus just as much as it uses YOU to ensure it's continuing survival. Wake up and get real.

Okay, back to the topic. Where is the Jesus description in the NT? anyone?
Image123:

I'm not diverting your 'question'. Its just that you're blind to see the answer, can't do much about that, e dey your hand. We are the body of Christ.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by PastorAIO: 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
Jenwitemi:

What a great idea for a hoax!  If I could afford it it is definitely the kind of think I can do.  I'll probably do it on the first of April and project it over Lagos.  It will start as a small brilliant speck in the sky and then slowly get larger, and there'll be angels and light and colours darting in and out of the clouds.  Also I would have film cameras set all over lagos filming people's reactions.  

In fact I would do in in many different cities around the world, and then edit it and make a film out of it called the Greatest April Fool ever which will then show in cinemas around the world and that will be how I will make my money back.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2010
ROSSIKE:

jenwitemi said:

Y'know the funny thing about this is that christians never really thought about it.  grin grin
I don't think that most really have. They just follow without proper critical analysis of what they are following. That is faith, they will have you believe.

ROSSIKE:

jenwitemi said:

I can imagine some of them looking around now and saying ''y'know this dude's got a point''.  grin grin
Yep! It is time to start waking some of them up to face reality of what they have been indoctrinated with.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by ayusguy10: 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2010
visit www.celebritycpanel..com 4 the links

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Over Feeding A Sin? / How The Devil Successfully Made Homosexualism Sane. / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.