Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,495 members, 7,854,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:03 AM

What Skills Do You Need To Become A Remote Sensing Expert? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Skills Do You Need To Become A Remote Sensing Expert? (229 Views)

I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help / What Skills Do I Need Has An Economist / Advice: Msc Remote Sensing And GIS In A Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Skills Do You Need To Become A Remote Sensing Expert? by GeoAfrikana(m): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2019
What skills do I need as a Remote Sensing Expert?
That's a bit more complicated question to answer, but let's try to put everything in place.

A remote sensing expert is a person who is able to perform processing methodologies on data (mainly images and in-situ measurements) and extract meaningful information from these data in order to feed business (and technical) decisions.

That said, let's try to make it a bit more specific:

√ - Mathematics and linear algebra

√ - A Programming language like R or Python (imagine it as a tool assist you, not as the purpose)

√ - Specific remote sensing software (ENVI, ERDAS, ORFEO, SNAP, QGIS, GRASS, etc)

√ - Understanding of the domain specific you want to work for (e.g. Agriculture)

Source: Geo university.

(1) (Reply)

Loop Holes Found In JAMB Database: Learn How To Manipulate Results / Free Whatsapp Class / Unilag 2020/2021 Postgraduate Master Programme Form/past Questions And Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.