Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help (20141 Views)

Adewale Alao posted to Enugu for his NYSC now has a school in Enugu / How A Friend Used Her Best Friend To Teach Her Pupils In Class (Photos) / Microsoft To Support Owura Kwadwo Who Drew Computer On Blackboard To Teach ICT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Fatbam003: 10:43am On Dec 07, 2021
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher but alas! I was posted to a village in saki .From my house to saki is about 5hrs then from saki to the village is over 1hr on bike . The condition is very unpalatable.. No browsing network, poor light and poor leaving condition . I don't think I can cope again. All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers .The salary is not even enough to travel 3 times in a month ,my only thought is that it's a govt job but it's a very hard environment and it's very depressing. have some attachments.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by sageb: 10:49am On Dec 07, 2021
Fatbam003:
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher but alas! I was posted to a village in saki .From my house to saki is about 5hrs then from saki to the village is over 1hr on bike . The condition is very unpalatable.. No browsing network, poor light and poor leaving condition . I don't think I can cope again. All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers .The salary is not even enough to travel 3 times in a month ,my only thought is that it's a govt job but it's a very hard environment and it's very depressing. have some attachments.

Saki East or Saki West?
I opine that you should try and see if the TESCOM can transfer you to Ibarapa East or Oyo Town.
That will be better than Saki

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Fatbam003: 10:50am On Dec 07, 2021
Saki east.. They are not willing to entertain any transfer request

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Danjikanbauchi: 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
Your reward is in heaven.

Please those children in the village needs you to educate them and God will bless you.

Secondly be very careful because of skull miners though I can't swear for you if you are not one of them.

Just be careful your people ar ritual killings is like 5&6

184 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Silvernus2020(m): 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2021
My brother you are there to teach, just do what you can and go back home safe and sound, don't kill yourself, please, stay safe, when you don't feel like going to the school, just stay at home, even if it's up to a week, Teaching no be SHELL work, no Carry the thing for head.

Op, I hope you understand Yoruba very well, because teaching those students in English Language would be a war,....

Anyways, your reward is in heaven grin grin
Peace

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Myzubby(m): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2021
na wa for this government o
anyway sha you can always educate the unlearned ;the reason you are called to teach. I pray you find riches in that place . Amen

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by FriendsAndFans(m): 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2021
Na mumu dey do NYSC grin

Naa Ghost dey reign

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Richy4(m): 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
U Said that they needed school teachers... Yet U don't want to teach those kids...

Haba!! Please have mercy on innocent children whose fault was that they were not born in a civilized society...

Even if it's 11months, please stay there and tell them what the real world looked like...relocate there and visit your family every weekend or fortnightly... God bless you as u considers this option wink

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Fatbam003: 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
It's not NYSC.. it's a permanent state government job in Oyo state. Infact NYSC would have been better because I know it's just a year

18 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Fatbam003: 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
More samples

6 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2021
Beware of skull miners

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by DeusMagnus: 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2021
Make hay while the sun shine

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by obyrich(m): 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
Fatbam003:
It's not NYSC.. it's a permanent state government job in Oyo state. Infact NYSC would have been better because I know it's just a year
Permanent job? Bro your reward is in heaven. Just do it with all your heart.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Healthrelatedjo: 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2021
Lol, � na inside village u dey o
Just be friendly with your students and the villagers,that's the only thing that can keep u safe and alive bro.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by snowball11(m): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2021
Since you are posted to a remote village, just simply carry a remote control and adjust the village with it so as to open it! grin

30 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2021
Baba quit abeg, it isn't worth it.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Pimpstar: 11:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
Richy4:
U Said that they needed school teachers... Yet U don't want to teach those kids...

Haba!! Please have mercy on innocent children whose fault was that they were not born in a civilized society...

Even if it's 11months, please stay there and tell them what the real world looked like...relocate there and visit your family every weekend or fortnightly... God bless you as u considers this option wink

Danjikanbauchi:
Your reward is in heaven.

Please those children in the village needs you to educate them and God will bless you.

Secondly be very careful because of skull miners though I can't swear for you if you are not one of them.

Just be careful your people ar ritual killings is like 5&6

cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by baggy4luv(m): 5:32am On Dec 08, 2021
Their get jazz oh

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by femi4: 5:55am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
That's your new home....make yourself comfortable. You can be going home every 2weeks. If you're faithful there, recommendation for higher position awaits you.

21 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by JavaScript90: 9:57am On Dec 08, 2021
Op you said it yourself. The village is in need of teachers. This is a sacrifice you must make. You should have the heart of a teacher and put the interest of your students first
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups.
I have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market and startup agents. Check the link on my signature for details of the website.
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

13 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by sans17(m): 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021
Q

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by FactBoyz: 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by DrChukki: 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021
I remember my NYSC days in Kajola LGA Oyo state...

... Anyways, Op, as they used to say, "the reward of the teacher is in heaven"...

... No matter how much we try to deny this fact, it keeps proving itself.

Naturally I'm gifted to teach. I love and enjoy teaching, but now I'm into ecommerce because there's no money in teaching.

My advice to you is this: if your desire is to see destinies of young people changed and to see them have a good future, then go on and work there...

... But if your concern is to make money, then quit teaching and go into business...

... Don't ever make a mistake of ghosting it... Else the effects of the plight of those young poor students will befall you and your children.

It's better you resign as a teacher, than to be collecting salaries without teaching the students... That's a crime to God, humanity and the future.

That's all I can tell you...

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by slawormiir: 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by arthurwillia(m): 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021
Lol

Just manage baba mi
Very soon you’ll secure a transfer

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by dedons: 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021
So?

Don't worry, you will become the Principal of that same school one day.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Lordofalmajiri(f): 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021
cool All I can see is creamy village pussies waiting for you.... cool cool cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Mko123(m): 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021
And so? Should we fry beans because you've being posted to educate the young ones
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by DropsMic(m): 10:01am On Dec 08, 2021
Go ye to the village and teach

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by pocohantas(f): 10:02am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
More samples

These ones would appreciate you more than schools in town. You save money, because with time they’ll definitely give you farm produce. It is just one year after all.

Simran94:

No o, he said it's not Nysc. It's a permanent state government Job oo and they aren't paying much

Ah. Wahala o. Someone has to so the job anyway. If everyone kees running away, how would the kids in the rural area get educated? He should arrange his own side. The place doesn't look that remote.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: School Building Collapses In Jos, Several Pupils Feared Dead. / Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Vice Chancellors’ Wives Plan Turkey Trip Amid ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.