Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? (6975 Views)

In Sex Scenes Of Movies(nollywood), Do They Really Have Sex? / Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 / The Best Nollywood Comedy Actor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Emmyk(m): 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2010
This was so funny yesterday,I was chatting wif my Indian friend on facebook. We were discussing bout bollywood and nollywood movies. He then threw me a question "WHAT IS THE BEST NOLLYWOOD MOVIES? Tell me, I want to watch it". I thought for minutes,I couldnt reply. I almost googled the question. Atlast, I told him names of top nollywood actors/atresses - any Good movie they produce are my best. Do u have a best?. I've watched hundreds of n movies fä!!!!
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2010
you summed up exactly what Nollywood is all about: quantity rather than quality.
you watched hundreds of Nollywood movies but yet couldnt pick ONE out of the lot as best.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Emmyk(m): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2010
MRbrownJAY:
you watched hundreds of Nollywood movies but yet couldnt pick ONE out of the lot as best.
I USE HYPERBOLI SOMETIMES,Brotha!
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2010
Emmyk:

I USE HYPERBOLI SOMETIMES,Brotha!

do you mean HYPERBOLE?! anyway even if you had watched only 5, you would have a best movie in there.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Emmyk(m): 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2010
Dont Get me wrong. What I mean is that I've got a lot of bests,dont know which one to recommend for him.lol. Shud I list them and u pick the best? We might have the same taste ;-D
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Emmyk(m): 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

do you mean HYPERBOLE?!
. Oh, my mistake,I tend to write down words the way it should be pronounced this days. 'Alliteration' - the figure of speech in what I just wrote. Lol
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2010
no worries. . . . . . . . .even though, the sad fact is that you could have watched 100s of movies and still not have a single one to call" best"out of the lot.
i have seen a few, even asked on a thread for recommendation on what were the best movies out there. i then watched the flicks i was recommended and it was the same poor quality, poor scripted, lame Nollywood trash.

i heard from my NL brothas and sistas that the Ijé flick was better than the most but i have yet to watch it.

i have no Nollywwod movie YET that i can say was good and therefore recommend to a foreigner.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by stineb1: 1:46pm On Dec 02, 2010
KAJOLA. Although it had a Hollywood Finishing
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by vislabraye(m): 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2010
Home videos, its hard to say which is the best, Some seem to have good start but end silly.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by babyme1(f): 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2010
I have so many Nollywood movies i love.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by ifyalways(f): 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2010
My best of all times are:
Keeping Faith.
Living in bondage.
Vuga.
Letters to a stranger.
Stronger than pain.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by naso2(m): 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2010
Igodo and Magun(thunderbolt) are 2 nollyhood films that i would recommend anytime.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by OffDat: 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2010
"THINGS FALL APART". Even though i won't call it a Nollywood movie. Its an all time classic.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by tunyus(m): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2010
i   will   recomend   Dangerous   twins.to him   or   oh   father,oh   daughter   from   supper   story.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by demoore1(m): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2010
"igodo"
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Martass: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2010
Don't let it go into your heads for what you people produce in Nigeria and Ghana are not movies by any standards. The nerve of you to go comparing  the garbage 2/4 videos with the productions in India. What you people produce is for local consumption, that is village consumption.

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by ndigbo: 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2010
wait a minute! Do people still watch Nollywood movies ? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by agitator: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2010
best = one that surpasses all the others.

Emmyk:

Dont Get me wrong. [b]What I mean is that I've got a lot of bests,[/b]dont know which one to recommend for him.lol. Shud I list them and u pick the best? We might have the same taste ;-D
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by comechop(m): 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

you summed up exactly what Nollywood is all about: quantity rather than quality.
[size=18pt]
GBAM
[/size]
oya o, close thread already
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by spade: 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2010
Well, I haven't seen many Nollywood movies of late, because they're trash anyways, but I do have a few movies I'd call my favorites - and they're actually from the era of Liz Benson, Regina Auskia and Joke Silva - cuz that was when movie-making was, well, movie-making.

1. Vuga -- Regina Auskia and Gentle Jack {It even features Jim Iyke as a slave rebel}
2. Blind Trust -- Ramsey Noah and Segun Arinze
3. Silent Night -- Segun Arinze, Ramsey Noah, Joke Silva, Alex Usifo and Emeka Ike
4. Shame -- Richard Mofe-Damijo, Liz Benson and Sola Fosudo
5. Full Moon -- Regina Auskia (Kai! Nostalgia wan kill me here)
6. Igodo -- Pete Edochie, Sam Dede, Charles Okafor
7. Sakobi -- Saint Obi, Susan Patrick and Tony Umez
8. Blood of The Orphan -- Ramsey Noah, Tony Umez
9. Scores To Settle -- Liz Benson, Richard Mofe-Damijo and Omotola Jalade
10. Danger Zone -- Saint Obi, Ramsey Noah, Victoria Iyama and Susan Patrick

Dang! If there was a way I could get these movies in a DVD - or on the internet - I'd KILL to have them again!! cry
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by JAZES(m): 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2010
I have some favorites too and they include:
Magun
Dangerous twins
Amazing Grace
To oluwa Nile and some few ones i cant remember their names right now.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by georgee(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2010
1. Rattle snake
2. Saworo ide (1 & 2)
3.Thunderbolt
4.Deadly affair (sandra achums, jide kosoko, dora nnacchukwu, emeka ike)
5.Out of bounds
6.Oleku
7. t'oluwa n'ile (1,2,3)
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by UyiIredia(m): 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ Emmyk >>> try these >>> they are guaranteed  wink

* Across The Niger
* Isakabba (Part 1-4)
* Pam-Pam
* Most Wanted
unfortunately there were 2 very interesting Nigerian films i watched as a child >>> i could not recall on this list >>> if i do recall them i'll post them up here

spade:

Well, I haven't seen many Nollywood movies of late, because they're trash anyways,  but I do have a few movies I'd call my favorites - and they're actually from the era of Liz Benson, Regina Auskia and Joke Silva - cuz that was when movie-making was,  well,  movie-making.

1. Vuga -- Regina Auskia and Gentle Jack {It even features Jim Iyke as a slave rebel}
2. Blind Trust -- Ramsey Noah and Segun Arinze
3. Silent Night -- Segun Arinze, Ramsey Noah, Joke Silva, Alex Usifo and Emeka Ike
4. Shame -- Richard Mofe-Damijo, Liz Benson and Sola Fosudo
5. Full Moon -- Regina Auskia (Kai! Nostalgia wan kill me here)
6. Igodo -- Pete Edochie, Sam Dede, Charles Okafor
7. Sakobi -- Saint Obi, Susan Patrick and Tony Umez
8. Blood of The Orphan -- Ramsey Noah, Tony Umez
9. Scores To Settle -- Liz Benson, Richard Mofe-Damijo and Omotola Jalade
10. Danger Zone -- Saint Obi, Ramsey Noah, Victoria Iyama and Susan Patrick

Dang! If there was a way I could get these movies in a DVD - or on the internet - I'd KILL to have them again!!  cry 

@ spade/bolded part >>> omo !!! >>> these films brought back memories >>> but e get one wey dey about kidnapped children >>> b4 those kids were saved from the clutches of death ehnn !!! the police hear weeen >>> an old film !!! . very touching !!! >> i dunno who can guess the film i'm talking about
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by mystikal(m): 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ Spade. I feel u. Watched all those growing up! Ignorance is bliss sha
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by babsaga: 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2010
Most Nollywood movies are trash. However, very few of them are worthy of being called a movie.
This is my preference list;
   OLEKU
   TI OLUWA NILE
   THUNDERBOLT
   OWOBLOW
   KOSEGBE
   SAWORO IDE
   AGOGO EWO
   OGA
   ORI and some other few.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Fhijimos(m): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2010
My best is
A MILLION TEARS.starring emeka ike and kate enshaw.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by UyiIredia(m): 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2010
mystikal:

@ Spade. I feel u. Watched all those growing up! Ignorance is bliss sha

true talk >>> i think spade's list is the best here >>> some of the films he mentioned were amongst some of my favourite Nigerian classics >>> especially Full Moon and Igodo >>>
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Olalimits(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2010
Most of 'em are repeated story lines!!!
Films like Oleku,Igodo & Toluwa nile are cool!!
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by juman(m): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2010
Osuofia in London part 1 & 2
Widow -- A kingsley ogoro & Topshot Production (features Stella Damasus Aboderin)
Widow's Men -- Pete Edochie
Sango
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by Freesia(f): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2010
Thanks guys writing down a list,  I could do with some good old Nollywood movies for once, I second Oleku totally loved it
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2010
none. they're all rubbish. same old faces.
Re: Do You Really Have A Best Nollywood Movie? by WackyJ1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2010
According to what i'm seeing here, Nollywood like Nigeria was better in the old days.
I guess i can recommend state Of Emergency i watched it a long time ago, i think saint obi was among the cast

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AIT TV Suspended by NBC for Bellview Plane Crash Site Pictures / First Nollywood Outdoor Cinema Workshop In Nigeria / Game Of Thrones Season 8 Predictions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.