Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Investment In Poultry Farming: My Calculation On Expenditure And Profit - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Investment In Poultry Farming: My Calculation On Expenditure And Profit (889 Views)

BackYard Farming: My Turkey, Noiler And Guinea Fowl Birds & Goats / Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! / Rice Farming: My Sweet-bitter Experience. Looking forward & Re-strategizing!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment In Poultry Farming: My Calculation On Expenditure And Profit by majilore(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Let us discuss investment in poultry farming:
talking of egg production by rearing layers.

SUMMARY
#1800 needed to rear 1 day old pullet from day old till it can feed itself( not till point of lay but till when it can lay eggs enough to buy feed it eats): this means from day old to 24 weeks (6 month)
business duration: 2 years or 24 months
first 6 months is the waiting period while
profit sharing should be from 7th month till 24th month.
so a farmer or investor that need to rear 1000 birds should have up to #1.8 million
definitely a farmer should be able to get 100% profit in the 2 years
if investor is not farming but invest in another farmer's farm,then the 100% profit is to be shared between the investor and the farmer based on agreed percentage.
Re: Investment In Poultry Farming: My Calculation On Expenditure And Profit by majilore(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
investors interested in investing in plateau state. capacity of the farm is 6000 birds.
Re: Investment In Poultry Farming: My Calculation On Expenditure And Profit by okoroemeka(m): 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
majilore:

SUMMARY
#1800 needed to rear 1 day old pullet from day old till it can feed itself( not till point of lay but till when it can lay eggs enough to buy feed it eats): this means from day old to 24 weeks (6 month)
so a farmer or investor that need to rear 1000 birds should have up to #1.8 million
definitely a farmer should be able to get 100% profit in the 2 years
if investor is not farming but invest in another farmer's farm,then the 100% profit is to be shared between the investor and the farmer based on agreed percentage.
I am a farmer and I did egg production farming from 2002 to 2010,but farming does not always work according to plan,there are many factors you forgot to mention the weather,feed quality,bad vaccines,poor quality drugs,workers theft/pilferage,etc

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investment In Poultry Farming: My Calculation On Expenditure And Profit by majilore(m): 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
okoroemeka:
I am a farmer and I did egg production farming from 2002 to 2010,but farming does not always work according to plan,there are many factors you forgot to mention the weather,feed quality,bad vaccines,poor quality drugs,workers theft/pilferage,etc

@ okoroemeka, I didn't forget to mention those factors you mentioned. I said summary, i only summarised that #1800 needed to rear one day old pullet from day 1 to 24 weeks, therefore purchase of day old chicks, feed, vaccination, drugs,labour, security, insurance etc are already inclusive.
breakdown is already in the poultry business proposal I normally give to investors, including schedule of payment of capital and profit to the investor.
talking of weather, my poultry is situated in plateau state as mentioned in my second post. jos weather is favourable for egg production.
Also I always insure pullets(layers) once I bring them in. the insurance is given by NAIC( Nigerian agricultural insurance corporation) in collaboration with a feed company called grand cereals and oil ltd, the producer of vital feed I use on my farm.
Anyways this is just a summary based on what I have seen happened in the past and w
hat I have spent rearing layers in my farm, hence I arrived at #1800 per chick(plus or minus).
My summary is based on my experiences not theory or what is in poultry book or manual.
@ okoroemeka, you are right that those factors you mentioned determine the success or other wise of egg production.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Investment In Poultry Farming: My Calculation On Expenditure And Profit by HUMANIIST(m): 11:06am On Jan 13, 2023
majilore:

SUMMARY
so a farmer or investor that need to rear 1000 should have up to #1.8 million
definitely a farmer should be able to get 100% profit inplease, the 2 years
please, continue we are ft following

(1) (Reply)

DIY PVC Vertical Hydroponic System / Where Can I Source This Machine From In Nigeria / How To Make Dried Meat By Food Drying Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.