Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? (27821 Views)

Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony / You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? / I Went To An Occasion Today At Oriental Hotel I Was Served Beans And Dodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
I remembered when I went for an occasion and was not given food. It took me time to forget that pain ooh!!. Then I was young, so my elder sister gave me the meat she was chewing inside her mouth since I didn't get my own food.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
You have to deliberately outgrow this. I have attended many weddings long time ago without eating which naturally makes one feel bad.

Now I eat well before I go anywhere like I'm not expecting any food there.

296 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by olumide3367(m): 6:19am On Jan 03, 2020
hooha:
I remembered when I went for an occasion and was not given food. It took me time to forget that pain ooh!!. Then I was young, so my elder sister gave me the meet she was chewing since I didn't get my own food.
you went because of food. Period

31 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 03, 2020
olumide3367:
Na wetin young boy dey find for occasion? Na career empowerment? It should be food now. The occasion with food should be the goal... Food should be more of the goal

503 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by loveliveshere: 10:46am On Jan 03, 2020
"na me wey waste my time come here, I no blame Una" embarassed embarassed

grin grin

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by loveliveshere: 10:50am On Jan 03, 2020
hooha:
Na wetin young boy dey find for occasion? Na career empowerment? It should be food now. The occasion with food should be the goal... Food should be more of the goal

God bless you oo, abi na career empowerment.
grin grin

It's has happened to me a couple of times though, I didn't take it personal but it's really annoying when people come to celebrate with you and end up without food. Although, most time, it's the servers/caterer's fault and occasionally the celebrant.

But no hard feelings. We move on.

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by MariaAngeles: 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
olumide3367:
Before nko ? When no be burial...
Na people like you dey starve for occasion because una refuse to ask

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by dominique(f): 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
That thing can pain sha

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Roon9(m): 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
I think have passed that stage gan. First of, unless its a family member or close close pal, I am not attending atall.

For a pal I won't even wait for the food before I leave. As for family, omo momsi go always ensure I get a cooler or two grin.

In essence "no connection no chewing"! grin

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by KingGBsky(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
Men I won’t lie it’s so embarrassing especially when you came to the party with empty stomach. You go just see them they pass the food around. Kai. angry

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Newnas(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
Bad, very bad.

It makes one feel like a social misfit. Like you're irrelevant. Like you weren't invited sef, if you were truly invited they would have given you food.

And worst is I hate going to meet those servers. Haa, I'd rather return hungry, go and buy bread and moimoi or something than to go and meet a waiter especially the ladies among them. Their words are worse than snipper.

148 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by madridguy(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
grin grin grin This part shows how desperate you were that day.

post=85449114:
Then I was young, so my elder sister gave me the meat she was chewing inside her mouth since I didn't get my own food.

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by idiege12(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
Bad.

I could still remember how I went to a friend's wedding hungry, anticipating lot of food and all. Only for the food to get finished just when they were about reaching where I sat. I was still a student and had no food at home. I nearly cried.

Meanwhile, see beautiful interior of E-money's Mansion and the flamboyant Ilu Festival in Ihiala, Anambra State...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0mIBrGpWA

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Nlearn: 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Divay22(f): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
Feel not important . I might not even eat much (that's if I'll eat) but that low self esteem feeling will just hug me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Sirmuel1(m): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
The thing dey pain sha cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by kidneystones(m): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nigerians and food #smh

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by GadgetInstinct: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
Well I no dey chop for parties. I make sure i eat to my satisfaction before i step out for any occasion.

I once witnessed where a man was embarrassed by his friend’s wife because the food they served him has no meat and the man had complained that why would they serve him food without meat/fish, only the wife to snap at him saying ”Mr man why are you embarrassing yourself because of meat”

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by AuwalYusuf812(m): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
only kids wait for food in occasions ...

am not there because of the food. so I won't feel anything
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
shocked shocked shocked

and devastated even as rich as I am................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by ichidodo: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
An overwhelming feeling of sadness and anger....

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Lexusgs430: 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
I would be wondering, who i offended...... I only came for the food and drinks(mainly)....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
I make sure I'm filled before going out. Be it date or occasion. Before person go talk say I b hungry gurl lipsrsealed

18 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by tstx(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lol... Them no give my guy food

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Justinlean02(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
I just wish or feel Seun needs to do something about things posted on this forum I mean yes it's a forum and free for members to share their personal thoughts and experience, but having the mobs moving trashes like this on FP is unbecoming of our beloved Nairaland. This page used to be our place of sanctuary for Pete's sake.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Ogegeodey(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
shocked

Me in the party when food is finished.

35 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Genea(f): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hahahaha, I remembered how sad I was once when I was a kid that I almost shed tears. Now, I just eat before going to an occasion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lol

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by stubbornman(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
If I contributed to the food eh go pain me oooh ... I must lay complain but if I didn't nah hin be say food no reach me be that... I go go my house... most times I eat before going out for occasions!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
Na mi f>ck up. .

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Olibboy: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
I'm not hungary monster. I'm not a party freak

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Lagos Residents Consume N4.5bn Food Daily / Man Saw Beans Inside Fish Pie He Bought (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.