Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? (1906 Views)

Christians: Where Is Heaven Located? / Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? / What Is Heaven Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by darren20(m): 10:02pm On Dec 02, 2010
Hi Folks,
I've been wondering lately,Is heaven real? is it true that it's a great place,where there won't be night and day?,you will not have to work,there would be no problem there,e.t.c.
If so,why are xtians afraid to die,since they will go to this heaven.
at least it was written in the bible that enoch and elijah didn't die because God took them.
Why do xtians weep for the dead since they know they're going to a better place and they will soon meet with them.
Why do xtian leaders keep on acquaring wealth upon wealth as if they will not die.(don't you think even if they acquire this wealth if they truly believe in heaven,they will use this wealth to cater for the poor).I guess they themselves are not too sure about this heaven.
At least we know that suicide bombers believe that they will inherit 7 virgins when they die grin
Can the xtians in the house discuss this please.
Thanks.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by grailife(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2010
Heaven is real.
Read my signature. Those are worldly men of God, just like Judas who betrayed Jesus is among the apostles.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by manmustwac(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2010
good points darren i sometimes wonder why our religious leaders always steal billions why our christian policemen demand bribes and shoot innocent people why pastors who demand tithe but don't give a damn about their poor congregation. And they all sincerely believe that they will make it to heaven. Religious hypocrites.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by obowunmi(m): 11:00pm On Dec 02, 2010
No such thing as heaven ---- don't let anyone deceive you. Live heaven right here on earth.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by vescucci(m): 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2010
I dunno. Best kept secret though. Dead men don't talk
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by alexleo(m): 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2010
Heaven is as real as the air that you breath. If you miss it you are heading to eternal damnation just like if your breath is taking away from you, you become a dead man. Come to Jesus now and have eternal life. God help you friend.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
You mean to say, he should come to the church to be exploited, no? There is no Jesus to come to since almost 2 millenia. The only thing remaining to come to is the church that is using the Jesus logo to exploit people of their livelihood and live off of them. The christian religion has never had anything to do with Jesus or heaven or God or believers' spiritual wellbeing. All that is myth. Enough of these lies. It is old, already.
alexleo:

Come to Jesus now and have eternal life. God help you friend.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2010
I have not been there so I can not be 100% sure.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2010
My friend, you ask good questions which regular christians will find hard to answer. Is there heaven? Yes, there is, but not the way it is expounded by the christian doctrines, or the islamic doctrines for that matter. Not even close. We can all create heaven wherever we exist. It all depends on our inner state of consciousness. If we are clean on the inside, we will create a heavenly state of existence around ourselves. But if we are all toxic innerly, we will create hell around ourselves to experience. Heaven and hell is here on earth.

As for the misbehaving men of God, they are only showing their followers that they themselves don't believe in what they are teaching them. Their unrighteous acts, which are very cynical in nature, should already be revealing to a lot of them christians that they are being cynically lied to and led astray.
darren20:

Hi Folks,
I've been wondering lately,Is heaven real? is it true that it's a great place,where there won't be night and day?,you will not have to work,there would be no problem there,e.t.c.
at least it was written in the bible that enoch and elijah didn't die because God took them.
Why do xtians weep for the dead since they know they're going to a better place and they will soon meet with them.
Why do xtian leaders keep on acquaring wealth upon wealth as if they will not die.(don't you think even if they acquire this wealth if they truly believe in heaven,they will use this wealth to cater for the poor).I guess they themselves are not too sure about this heaven.
At least we know that suicide bombers believe that they will inherit 7 virgins when they die grin
Thanks.

Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by IdiAmin2(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
Jenwitemi:

You mean to say, he should come to the church to be exploited, no? There is no Jesus to come to since almost 2 millenia. The only thing remaining to come to is the church that is using the Jesus logo to exploit people of their livelihood and live off of them. The christian religion has never had anything to do with Jesus or heaven or God or believers' spiritual wellbeing. All that is myth. Enough of these lies. It is old, already.
Well said Jenwitemi, I agree 100%. Africans are still sleeping from the 'Jesus' Anesthesia the white man invented for them. And they wonder why they are down and the white man ruling over them
[/quote]

[quote author=alexleo link=topic=561348.msg7265509#msg7265509 date=1291387518]
Heaven is as real as the air that you breath. If you miss it you are heading to eternal damnation just like if your breath is taking away from you, you become a dead man. Come to Jesus now and have eternal life. God help you friend.
MMMMH My religious people don come again oooo!!!! has anyone been there and came back to tell you? oooh, i forgot, it's in the BIBLE grin
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by alexleo(m): 12:11am On Dec 04, 2010
Jenwitemi:

My friend, you ask good questions which regular christians will find hard to answer. Is there heaven? Yes, there is, but not the way it is expounded by the christian doctrines, or the islamic doctrines for that matter. Not even close. We can all create heaven wherever we exist. It all depends on our inner state of consciousness. If we are clean on the inside, we will create a heavenly state of existence around ourselves. But if we are all toxic innerly, we will create hell around ourselves to experience. Heaven and hell is here on earth.

Here is a pot of lies from the pit of hell. poster never you eat from it if you love your soul. Heaven is a beautiful place where God Lives. The angels are there, people who die in christ have their eternal home in heaven. I need not argue with anybody on this matter because its not neccessary.
HEAVEN IS REAL AND I HAVE FAITH IN GOD THAT HE WILL HELP ME MAKE HEAVEN WHEN I LEAVE THIS DIRTY WORLD.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:48am On Dec 04, 2010
The same heaven in which wars ensued between two factions and the end result was war refugees who were thrown to earth to soil poor humans till today? Is that the "beautiful" heaven you are talking about, alexleo? What is so beautiful about a heaven with wars and strifes? That is the false heaven that christians bandy about.
alexleo:
Here is a pot of lies from the pit of hell. poster never you eat from it if you love your soul. Heaven is a beautiful place where God Lives. The angels are there, people who die in christ have their eternal home in heaven. I need not argue with anybody on this matter because its not neccessary.
HEAVEN IS REAL AND I HAVE FAITH IN GOD THAT HE WILL HELP ME MAKE HEAVEN WHEN I LEAVE THIS DIRTY WORLD.

Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Patjoe: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2010
My pastor once taught on that. He said the reason for salvation is not about going to heaven , but fulfilling Gods purpose for our lives. We are here for a reson. He said if not for that reason,we ought to have died and go to heaven immediately we give our heart to christ
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by alexleo(m): 8:56am On Dec 04, 2010
Jenwitemi:

The same heaven in which wars ensued between two factions and the end result was war refugees who were thrown to earth to soil poor humans till today? Is that the "beautiful" heaven you are talking about, alexleo? What is so beautiful about a heaven with wars and strifes? That is the false heaven that christians bandy about.

My dear, there was war in heaven quite alright and after that, lucifer and his cohorts were thrown out of heaven. This led to the creation of hell, a place of punishment for Lucifer(satan) and his host. since then satan has continued in his business of recruiting armies against God and those human beings who accepts him by living a life of sin like him end up in hell with their master(satan). Now you want people to believe that because there was once war in heaven therefore heaven is scattered? you are wrong dear. Does it mean that if there is a fight in your family and the whole house is scattered things cannot be fixed back? Wont you fix your house back in order? and now you want people to believe that after God sent out lucifer and his troublesome host peace have not returned in heaven. Quite a pity satan is deceiving you people into believing false doctrines. I pray God to help you out of this. amen
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by alexleo(m): 9:21am On Dec 04, 2010
Patjoe:

My pastor once taught on that. He said the reason for salvation is not about going to heaven , but fulfilling Gods purpose for our lives. We are here for a reson. He said if not for that reason,we ought to have died and go to heaven immediately we give our heart to christ

your pastor is not completely right. The main reason for salvation is for us to be qualified for heaven thats why Jesus said that except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. Having said that, I agree we are saved so as to use our salvation to work for God with the assistance of the Holy Spirit but the main reason is to be qualified for heaven.
when the disciples came back from the mision that Jesus sent them out to do and where telling Jesus how they were able to heal the sick, cast out demons etc, Jesus told them not to rejoice in all that but they should rejoice because their names are written in God's book in heaven. ''Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven''(luke 10; 20) Many pastors are giving the bible whatever interpretation they like but the best interpreter of the bible is the Holy Spirit. make him your guid and you will undestand God's word better. Your pastor is not the Holy spirit pls. He is human and can make mistakes so dont put your trust in him.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by mazaje(m): 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2010
alexleo:

My dear, there was war in heaven quite alright and after that, lucifer and his cohorts were thrown out of heaven. This led to the creation of hell, a place of punishment for Lucifer(satan) and his host. since then satan has continued in his business of recruiting armies against God and those human beings who accepts him by living a life of sin like him end up in hell with their master(satan). Now you want people to believe that because there was once war in heaven therefore heaven is scattered? you are wrong dear. Does it mean that if there is a fight in your family and the whole house is scattered things cannot be fixed back? Wont you fix your house back in order? and now you want people to believe that after God sent out lucifer and his troublesome host peace have not returned in heaven. Quite a pity satan is deceiving you people into believing false doctrines. I pray God to help you out of this. amen

Where on earth did you get this story you are sharing?. . . .From some mythical narrative that was written by unknown men thousands of years ago?. . . Where exactly in the bible was it written that hell was created after some war took place in some imaginary heaven?. . . .So wars actually take place in the imaginary heaven, eh?. . . . . .Interesting. . . .
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by seyibrown(f): 12:10am On Dec 07, 2010
@ topic : smiley
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Moonstone(f): 7:47am On Dec 07, 2010
darren20:

Hi Folks,
Thanks.
1. Heaven is Real
2. Christians are afraid to die because none of us know when we will go and if you do as much as tell a simple lie, it could condemn to hell fire.
3. We weep for the dead because no matter where these people are, they will never be in our midst again. Also, some deaths are very painful and unnecessary.
4. Christian leaders are not completely holy. They still have flesh and we are constantly struggling with our flesh. We might be godly in spirit but until we shed the flesh (i.e. die) we are always going to be in a constant struggle with the things of the world. Christian leaders need money for several things and they don't acquire it so that they can intimidate one another or throw parties. They do so and often use that money for the work of God. Not all of them are that selfless but a lot of them are really in tune with these things. It is hard to maintain a building, much more a church with needy people or a constant need for increment.
5. Every Christian is sure about Heaven because that is where we believe God is and we will be worshiping Him when the time is right.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by harakiri(m): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2010
Moonstone:

1. Heaven is Real
2. Christians are afraid to die because none of us know when we will go and if you do as much as tell a simple lie, it could condemn to hell fire.
3. We weep for the dead because no matter where these people are, they will never be in our midst again. Also, some deaths are very painful and unnecessary.
4. Christian leaders are not completely holy. They still have flesh and we are constantly struggling with our flesh. We might be godly in spirit but until we shed the flesh (i.e. die) we are always going to be in a constant struggle with the things of the world. Christian leaders need money for several things and they don't acquire it so that they can intimidate one another or throw parties. They do so and often use that money for the work of God. Not all of them are that selfless but a lot of them are really in tune with these things. It is hard to maintain a building, much more a church with needy people or a constant need for increment.
5. Every Christian is sure about Heaven because that is where we believe God is and we will be worshiping Him when the time is right.

Is that so? Have you been there before? Apart from the jewish/christian dogma you've been spoon fed and brainwashed with since your entire existence on planet earth, what other "proof" can you bring forward?

Religion is indeed mass delusion meant for people who can't deal with reality of life (I AM QUOTING SEUN OSEWA!. . .lol)
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by obowunmi(m): 6:37pm On Dec 08, 2010
harakiri:

Religion is indeed mass delusion meant for people who can't deal with reality of life (I AM QUOTING SEUN OSEWA!. . .lol)

Well said.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by alexleo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2010
@moonstone,
thank you very much for your response and may God bless you. Ignore the noise makers in here. As if we have anything to lose if they dont believe God. Pity,
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Onaolamipo: 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2010
Yes heaven is real. God said it in the holy books
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09am On Dec 10, 2010
darren20:

Hi Folks,
Thanks.

Heaven Is For Real! -- Fox News

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVtNzONbaiU?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Moonstone(f): 2:58am On Dec 11, 2010
harakiri:

Is that so? Have you been there before? Apart from the jewish/christian dogma you've been spoon fed and brainwashed with since your entire existence on planet earth, what other "proof" can you bring forward?

Have you died before? Die and let us know the experience now. It's stupid for you to refute something you cannot prove. Can you prove that heaven does not exist? NO! So I guess we're in the same boat then,
It is what I chose to believe. I'd rather have hope than just hope there's nothing there. I have not be brainwashed or spoonfed. It was my decision to be a Dhristian and I take responsibility of that.
Tell me what happens in death if not Heaven and Hell,
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by alexleo(m): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2010
Moonstone:

Have you died before? Die and let us know the experience now. It's silly for you to refute something you cannot prove. Can you prove that heaven does not exist? NO! So I guess we're in the same boat then,
It is what I chose to believe. I'd rather have hope than just hope there's nothing there. I have not be brainwashed or spoonfed. It was my decision to be a Dhristian and I take responsibility of that.
Tell me what happens in death if not Heaven and Hell,

Moonstone, dont worry yourself about this people, they are just deceiving themselves. They are asking of proof when they have read several testimonies of people who had a near death experience(NDE) as we call it and came back to life to testify that truly heaven and hell exist yet they are asking of proof. There was one experienced by an atheist and it was posted here. There was another one experienced by a monk which I personally posted, another one experienced by a Nigerian pastor was also posted here and a host of other such testimonies posted here by many people yet they will dismiss it. What other proof are they looking for? what about the one posted here now by OLAADEGBU? Heaven is not a place for physical being, it is the spirit that goes there and if they are looking for a picture of it as a proof then  thats foolish expectations. Just keep telling the truth about the word of God, dont bother yourself with their satanic reactions. It will be on record against them on the judgement day when they leave this world if they dont repent. God bless you my dear.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Kay17: 11:03am On Dec 11, 2010
Also,  ve wondered why a spiritual world like heaven is subject to physical laws like gravity? @ least the NDE guys say so!
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Moonstone(f): 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2010
alexleo:

Moonstone, dont worry yourself about this people, they are just deceiving themselves. They are asking of proof when they have read several testimonies of people who had a near death experience(NDE) as we call it and came back to life to testify that truly heaven and hell exist yet they are asking of proof. There was one experienced by an atheist and it was posted here. There was another one experienced by a monk which I personally posted, another one experienced by a Nigerian pastor was also posted here and a host of other such testimonies posted here by many people yet they will dismiss it. What other proof are they looking for? what about the one posted here now by OLAADEGBU? Heaven is not a place for physical being, it is the spirit that goes there and if they are looking for a picture of it as a proof then  thats foolish expectations. Just keep telling the truth about the word of God, dont bother yourself with their satanic reactions. It will be on record against them on the judgement day when they leave this world if they dont repent. God bless you my dear.

I am just bothered by people that would much rather believe in things just because there is no proof. It does not make sense. The only proof we have that the earth is round is satellite pictures and random occurrences such as staring at the water and thinking it meets the sky. Apart from that, we don't see gravity but we feel it and just because it can be calculated, that's what makes everyone believe in gravity. None of us can see God but a lot of us feel him so why would you rather believe that there is no God just so you can have some constrained idea of freedom? No one is free but it is only that we have different degrees of freedom.

@ kay17, because Heaven is spiritual. Nothing spiritual is subject to the physical laws. They are two different realms.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by mazaje(m): 2:20am On Dec 12, 2010
Here's a contradiction in the biblical scheme of the afterlife that I've never seen mentioned by anyone else:

Satan is characterized as a fallen angel, a being who once loved  the bible God, but rebelled against the bible God and was banished from heaven.  Jesus refers to satan as the enemy, and has disputes with satan in the gospels. . . . . . .

But, according to the story we are told that satan is also the ruler of this place called hell. Now, if this hell is where the bible God sends all those humans who are eternally damned to get the most severe, eternal punishment for their beliefs/behavior on earth, and satan runs the joint, administering the specific punishments to be doled out [lake of fire, pain, suffering], doesn't that make Satan essentially the warden of God's jail?. . . .

Why would an all-knowing, all-powerful being trust his greatest "enemy" to administer consequences for the most severe consequences of the most dire disobedience?. . . . . . ,

Why would Satan want to punish these people, and not  undermine the punishments, if he's such an enemy?. . . . . . . . According to the story he once undermined the God of the bible and rebelled against him, why then should such a God trust satan and his friends(demons) to torment people in hell? This is clearly a copout from cheap fiction and ancient mythology. . . .The heaven and hell myth is just there to scare people and keep them in line. . . .
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Moonstone(f): 6:09am On Dec 12, 2010
mazaje:

Here's a contradiction in the biblical scheme of the afterlife that I've never seen mentioned by anyone else:

Satan is characterized as a fallen angel, a being who once loved  the bible God, but rebelled against the bible God and was banished from heaven.  Jesus refers to satan as the enemy, and has disputes with satan in the gospels. . . . . . .

But, according to the story we are told that satan is also the ruler of this place called hell. Now, if this hell is where the bible God sends all those humans who are eternally damned to get the most severe, eternal punishment for their beliefs/behavior on earth, and satan runs the joint, administering the specific punishments to be doled out [lake of fire, pain, suffering], doesn't that make Satan essentially the warden of God's jail?. . . .

Why would an all-knowing, all-powerful being trust his greatest "enemy" to administer consequences for the most severe consequences of the most dire disobedience?. . . . . . ,

Why would Satan want to punish these people, and not  undermine the punishments, if he's such an enemy?. . . . . . . . According to the story he once undermined the God of the bible and rebelled against him, why then should such a God trust satan and his friends(demons) to torment people in hell? This is clearly a copout from cheap fiction and ancient mythology. . . .The heaven and hell myth is just there to scare people and keep them in line. . . .

There is no contradiction there. God banished Satan from Heaven into Hell. Now God does not want anyone to end up in hell. It is repeated time after time in the Bible that He is saddened when human beings are not righteous. It is not His intention but the Devil has come to steal, kill and destroy. Think about it in terms Spider man against Venom and Sandman, I'm sure that will simplify things for you. Spider man was the good one and Venom and Sandman just wanted power. That was what Satan wanted.

Satan is generally evil and hell-fire is a place where he has been sent to suffer for the rest of eternity. It is only right that those that Satan has brought over to his side, should end up with him in hell. He needs more company down there, which is why he keeps bringing doubts into our faith.

God does not trust Satan. He is only condemning all the rebellious people to hell fire and since Satan is a fallen angel (greater than man), he would automatically take charge.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by alexleo(m): 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2010
@mazaje,
my dear, God has set aside a day when the final judgement of all those who didnt make heaven will take place. After that judgment, both satan, death, hell and all the lost souls will be cast into the bottomless pit where they will suffer eternally. At that time satan cannot torment anybody again because he and all his demons will be in great torment like others too. Read the book of Revelations 20: 1- 15. May God save you from this coming judgment. Amen.
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by Kay17: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2010
Its so difficult  understand Christianity, God is presented as the highest source of good and yet he is the maker of the his greatest rival and biggest evil; the devil. He also commands the worst atrocities, even man shuns.
Spiritual beings? Any evidence?
Re: Please I Need An Answer,is Heaven Real? by alexleo(m): 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2010
Kay 17:

Its so difficult  understand Christianity, God is presented as the highest source of good and yet he is the maker of the his greatest rival and biggest evil; the devil. He also commands the worst atrocities, even man shuns.
Spiritual beings? Any evidence?

God did not create 'devil', What He created was an angel called Lucifer who was in charge of the host of heavenly choir. He was given so much power and glory more than other angels. At a point he lost focus on God who is the centre of everything in heaven and started looking at himself, then pride entered into him and he started planing of over throwing God. A war ensued between him and some angels who decided to support him against God. At the end, of course they were defeated and sent down. It was after this incident that he became known as devil. One thing about God is that he never forces anyone not to sin against him. He has already made the consequences of sin known and left the choice for man to make. The issue of where one will spend eternity is not God that decides. It is man's choice that determines where he ends. As for God, his ways are clear and there is no unrighteousness in him. God is a spirit, angels are spirit, devil and his demons are spirit. When people die, their spirit comes out of the body and heads to eternity. The spirit does not die like the flesh. The spirit lives forever. Thats why it is important you prepare your spirit where to spend eternity. The real you is your spirit man and not this flesh. God is a spirit like I said and those of us who serve him, serve him in spirit and in truth. we communicate with him in spirit when we pray.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Ark Of The Covenant Really In Ethiopia? / The 'logic' In Atheism. / Christ Embassy Again! Bringing Reproach To The Name Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.