Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? (6781 Views)

Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / Without Jesus No One Will Enter Heaven / Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2011
Is it possible for a person to enter Heaven without going through Jesus Christ? What about the people of Islam (Muslims) who do not even believe that God has a Son? What about the Jewish people who do not believe that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah) or the Son of God? What about the Hindus who worship millions of “gods”? What did Jesus mean when he said that he was the way, truth and the life?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Was Jesus Christ a liar or did he mean what he said?

How about the Jewish apostle Peter, who was one of the original disciples of Jesus Christ. Was he a liar or did he mean what he said when he spoke the following words?

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:10-12)

Is it possible that many people who claim to be believers in Jesus Christ are simply unsaved people playing “religious games”? What gives here? If Jesus spoke the truth then there are a whole lot of people that need to get it right with God wouldn’t you say? What about your family members, relatives and friends? Do they believe that they can enter Heaven without Jesus Christ? Check out this short video and pass it on if you like.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fgmJZOYgM?version=3&hl=en[/flash]

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. (John 3:36)

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. (1 John 5:10-12)

And he took it, and did eat before them. And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. (Luke 24:43-47)
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by jerty(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2011
@frobile, i dont think heaven is possible for those who do not believe in Christ Jesus, he was not a liar when he said he is the way, the truth and the life
thank u sir i like ur post
GOD BLESS YOU smiley
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by Sweetnecta: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ Consider that he didn't say it. He will still not a liar, but those who say that he said it would be.

It is not possible that Jesus was the only way for mankind, because many a man had died and some of them had been favored by God without them ever seeing or hearing about Jesus.

Let just assume that each prophet [as] before Jesus knew about Jesus. This is just an assumption so that you can better understand how flawed you statement is.

However, none of the past prophet preached Jesus to those who followed them to success. Instead they preached what they were given. I will now ask you to bring out Jesus out of what happened to Adam and Eve and the mercy the received from God Who created them, what Enoch said to his people who followed him, what Noah said to those who didn't perish in the flood of Noah, what Abraham [the father of faith] said to his family, what Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses and Aaron, Joshua, Samuel, Saul, David, Solomon [the wise], Job, Jonah, Elisha, Elijah, even Zacharias. Now, we realize that the son of Zacharias was older than Jesus by almost as much as Mary the mother of Jesus was older than her son. Can you tell us how John was saved by Jesus, if you know. If any of these men did not preach Jesus to their saved flocks, then Jesus was not the way, except in his own time.
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2011
If you do not repent of your sins , Muhammad could literally lead you to eternal damnation.

Think about it , is it worth the gamble undecided

Jesus is the way , the truth and the life.
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by Sweetnecta: 1:35am On Nov 19, 2011
^ Let me leave you a headache that you will wake up to;

Jesus is not the way now. Muhammad is.

Jesus was not the way in the time of Moses. Moses was.

Jesus was not the way in the time of Abraham. The father of faith was.

Jesus was not the way in the time of Noah. Noah was.

Jesus was not the first way. Adam was.

When was Jesus the way? Only in his time and it ended up when Muhammad [as], the last and current way was raised to become the WAY.
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by jayriginal: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2011
From your brother (I wonder if he still holds the same views)
Enigma:

Below are statements by four highly placed and highly read Christians, that I personally respect, making statements that non-Christians can go to heaven. Of these four, Billy Graham is probably the most well known evangelist in the world in the past few decades and it can be argued that as far as can be seen no one living presently has done more than him (publicly) to "win souls for Christ". The others are all respected by millions of Christians worldwide; I even included a Nigerian because of the audience of this forum.

I think if people like these can say it is possible for non-Christians to go to heaven, people who argue otherwise should think twice and take time to think about other possibilities.

1. Robert Schuller & Billy Graham Interview (Sorry I can’t find a link for the interview on its own without misguided negative comments)

Reported by The Christian News October 20, 1997

"Schuller: Tell me, what do you think is the future of Christianity?

Graham: Well, Christianity and being a true believer--you know, I think there's the Body of Christ. This comes from all the Christian groups around the world, outside the Christian groups. I think everybody that loves Christ, or knows Christ, whether they're conscious, of it or not, they're members of the Body of Christ, I think James answered that, the Apostle James in the first council in Jerusalem, when he said that God's purpose for this age is to call out a people for His name. And that's what God is doing today, He's calling people out of the world for his name whether they come from the Muslim world, or Buddhist world, or the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ, because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus, but they know in their hearts that they need something that they don't have, and they turn to the only light that they have, and I think they are saved, and they're going to be with us in heaven."

Schuller: What, what I hear you saying, that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into human hearts and soul and life, even if they've been born in darkness and have never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you're saying?

Graham: Yes, it is, because I believe that. I've met people in various parts of the world in tribal situations, that they have never seen a Bible or heard of Jesus, but they've believed in their hearts that there was a God, and they've tried to live a life that was quite apart from the surrounding community in which they lived."

Schuller: I'm so thrilled to hear you say this. There a widness in God's mercy.

Graham: There is. There definately is"

2. Archbishop of Canterbury says Non-Christians Can Go to Heaven

3. Pope says Non Christians Can Go to Heaven

4. Cardinal Arinze says it is possible to get to heaven without accepting Jesus.

During a group discussion of religious leaders from around the world, held at the Thanksgiving World Assembly in Dallas, Texas, in March of 1999, Cardinal Francis Arinze, President of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, is quoted as follows:

"(A document from the Second Vatican Council) says that God's grant of salvation includes not only Christians, but Jews, Muslims, Hindus and people of good will. That is, a person can be saved, can attain salvation, but on condition that the person is open to God's action. , " ,

Robert Ashley, news director at Dallas radio station KHVN-AM, asked Cardinal Arinze: "So you can still get to heaven without accepting Jesus?"

Cardinal Arinze answered: "Expressly, yes (he laughs with the audience)."

Source: 'If God himself gave freedom', article © March 20, 1999, by Brooks Egerton, staff writer of The Dallas Morning News, third edition, page 1G.

PS apologies: now edited to fix codes for links!

Enigma:

In addition most people who say that only "christians" will go to heaven or "non-christians" will not go to heaven simply do not know the Bible well; some have not even studied the Bible at all; maybe some have listened to a misguided preacher or 'wo/man of God' who him/herself has a poor understanding of the Bible.

Those saying "non-christians" will not go to heaven should go and do a simple study of John 10:16 and Romans chapters 1-5 (or if too lazy read only Romans chapter 2). And then try to square that with what they are saying. By the way, this is a rather simple assignment; there are far more complex exegetical exercises and Bible passages on these questions that some people are just giving opinions without study/knowledge.

Even the nature of Christ, His words, His purpose and His actions go against all these saying that all "non-christians" are not going to heaven nonsense.

Frosbel, maybe there will be atheists in heaven too. Guess what ? They'll still be telling you that God doesnt exist.
____ /__ cheesy
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by gotizsata: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2011
When God "does" things on earth that we humans clearly see as unfair, Many Christians are quick to say, God works in Mysterious ways, that there is a meaning for everything, that they are lessons learnt etc, and that we cannot comprehend what God does and we should never question it.

That's all very well.

If God sends well deserving Christians to "hell" then I guess those Christians will say the same thing as they burn away with Satan.

How dare you question God for sending you to hell, he knows best what you deserve. How clever of God, don't you all agree.
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2011
jayriginal:

Frosbel, maybe there will be atheists in heaven too. Guess what ? They'll still be telling you that God doesnt exist.
____ /__ cheesy

If we still can't find verifiable proof of his existence, then yes. And I prefer the term "rationalist" if you don't mind.

Also, I have to agree with frosbel on this one. 2000 years of christian dogma supports the claim that only "true christians" will go to heaven and all others will the punished for their sin and their unbelief. The problem is that there are so many other religions that make similar claims and there's no logical way to show which one is correct. Probably why most people just go with the one their parents follow.
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by Sweetnecta: 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2011
In heaven, there are 7 heavens. In heaven because neither is on earth, you have Paradise and Hell.

Frosbel, and his coreligionists do not say they will go to Paradise. Paradise is reserved for Muslim, Alhamdulillah.

Jesus who was not a christian will be admitted to Paradise. Jesus is in heaven now. As a matter of fact he is in 2nd heaven with his cousin John, son of Zacharias. I can tell you who is lodge on first and also on 3rd.
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by UyiIredia(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2011
@ topic >>> No !
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by mantraa: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2011
@Frosbel and Uyi Iredia
Will Jehovia's witnesses be going to heaven?
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by Image123(m): 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2011
Hahahahaha, funny thread, funny question. Are they going there for excursion?
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by Revolva(m): 11:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
Aint No heaven not hell, that just a state of mind
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by Obalende: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2011
no only the elect
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by chrisj2000(m): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2011
may His glory fill the earth
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by aurenflani: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2011
@ frosbel - if the words of Jesus in the bible is anything to go by, his only people are the Israelis and only those of them that believed in him will go to heaven. ", I not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

This even confirmed the Islamic assertion that Jesus is sent only to the children of Israel until when God sent Muhammad (S.A.W.), who in the Qur'an is sent "As a mercy unto creation.

I hope this answered ur question.

Alhamdullillah
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by ichuka(m): 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
@op
its easier and possible for one to pass through the eye of a niddle than 4him to enter Heaven without Jesus Christ(Matt19:24)
Re: Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? by gotizsata: 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
@chrisj2000
it is called heavenly intimacy.

An awkward reunion

(1) (Reply)

Ashamed Of Your Traditional Name Based On Religious Beliefs / Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail / Today Is Christ The Universe King Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.