Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,646 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) (84655 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Wheel Bearing / What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Badooguy: 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
I change my tires every 4 years
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Piyke: 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
ezugegere:
If psi: 50 is inscribed on a tyre, does it mean you should pump the tyre to 50?

The PSI rating stamped on a tire is the pressure that should not be exceeded when inflating a cold tire. The recommended pressure for a car is found on a label in the driver door jam area.
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Jarus(m): 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
Simplyleo:
Op, first, that word is spelt "tyre".

Secondly, I don't subscribe to the crap that a tyre should be changed after a particular period.

Change your tyre as soon as the gripping threads are worn, whether or not it has expired. undecided

Tyre=British
Tire = American

I agree with your other comment

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Piyke: 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
Leopantro:

Could I get the names of the good quality Chinese tyres please?

I know people who have used double king with no complaints if you observe the recommended practices for tire care. This is the only brand I have experience with. It doesn't mean its the only good brand.
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Deltatoto: 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
clemzo101:
All my double King tyres of just under 2 years are bad
double king no be tyre.

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by alaira(m): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Simplyleo:

Secondly, I don't subscribe to the crap that a tyre should be changed after a particular period.

Change your tyre as soon as the gripping threads are worn, whether or not it has expired. undecided
The man is correct; Tire or Tyre. Same with cheque and check.
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by MicroSweet(m): 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
xcelentattitude:
I think I need to buy some tyres too.

I will soon be buying my own car.

Lemme first go and purchase the tyres first grin
That's the spirit. I fit support you with 100 naira
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by xcelentattitude(m): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
paix:
Baba, if you're lucky; it might even come with a refinery in the trunk.

Udonminit! shocked

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Skillsnigeria: 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
grin
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by xcelentattitude(m): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
MicroSweet:

That's the spirit. I fit support you with 100 naira

Thanks, but no thanks.

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Ofemmanu1: 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
You opened a thread cos a tire failed and someone push it to FP?!
Meanwhile, you knew what couldda happen to the failed tires yet you still come here and tell is as if it's abnormal thing?!

What is wrong with you people sef?

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by alphanyx: 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
@EgunMogaji2. Please where and how much did you buy the Firestone tires? Kindly WhatsApp 0903 000 2334. Thanks
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by sacramento1212: 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
ezugegere:
If psi: 50 is inscribed on a tyre, does it mean you should pump the tyre to 50?

NO
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by emmynku(m): 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Igbo elvis

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by sacramento1212: 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
yYot:

Yes!

Yes ke? How did you arrive at that answer? You are wrong Bro
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by guru333(f): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hollup Hollup

Hello guys Here is my new tires ..
Do you like em?

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Piyke: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
Jarus:

Tyre=British
Tire = American

I agree with your other comment

Simplyleo:

This is exactly the reason why I added the below in bold. The thread on this blown out tire still had some meat left in it yet it blew out. Age caught up with the tire

Piyke:

The fact is, rubber expires and there are factors that can hasten tire wear e.g. Heat, under-inflation, over-inflation, hitting obstacles at speed etc. It's even worse for us in Nigeria given the poor implementation of post market validation for the varied makes of tires that have flooded our market. A lot of low quality Chinese tires. Don't get me wrong, they are good quality Chinese tires.
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by lonelydora: 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
clemzo101:
I rather buy Belgium Michelin tyres than waste my money on those fake Chinese tyres.

Funny but true.
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by jnat: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
GOFRONT:
Pls where can I balance the wheels of my Legediz benz??

National Orthopaedic Hospital,Igbobi Lagos

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by femi4: 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
I ve used my used tyres for over 4 yrs

The points below are my guidelines:

Don't overspeed

Don't over inflate

Replace when the thread has worn out

Replace if it start to wobble

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by michealoluwaseyi(m): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
These topic is a reminder to God,for those of us who dont hve a car yet
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by tete7000(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Maintenance is a major reason many people have problems with their tyres - misalignment, wheel inbalance, overinflation, under inflation. You just need to look around the cars passing to see how many people's tyres are in poorly managed state. Besides, many people are not equipped with enough information needed to maintain a tyre. Believe me, many don't even know that each tyre comes with prescribed pressure range. I personally don't subscribe to idea of tyre expiring. I have gone online to read about the subject matter, no tyre manufacturer agrees their tyre expire. You can buy the so called premium tyres and still have blow out if you don't do necessary inspection/maintenance. I have been driving for over fifteen years and have never had a blow out, and at some point I really didn't have a choice that to use fairly used tyre. Attitude matters when safety issues are concerned.

4 Likes

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Evangkatsoulis: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
Simplyleo:

Tyre is also spelled as "tyre".
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by emiika: 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
Simplyleo:

oga sabi , it is also called “tire” as well, olodo upon 100
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Evangkatsoulis: 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
xcelentattitude:

Don't mind OP jare,

Here's what you need my brother... grin

How much?
Do have for size 47/48. Type that can fit a black suit/jacket.
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Areaboy2(m): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Simplyleo:

Well, not really.. The Americans and Canadians spell it tire. Just like they spell color instead of colour..
Is it wrong? Not really. Just spelling evolving in different regions..
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by MicroSweet(m): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
xcelentattitude:

Thanks, but no thanks.
Take jor. No dey form...

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by BilltheDON(m): 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
Nice one
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by BrainSanitizer: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Simplyleo:

Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by IsioStar1: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
clemzo101:
All my double King tyres of just under 2 years are bad

Worst of tyre brands is Double King. You are lucky then, my friends own lasted for just 6months Imagine brand new tyres. For me I do Toks instead and it must be Pirelli or Continental.
Re: What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) by Simplyleo: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=BrainSanitizer post=85499395][/quote]
Oga, you don't need to upload encyclopedia to correct a simple mistake except if I had argued. Infact, I have admitted my ignorance in my response to the first person that humbly drew my attention to it. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo Black Cab: Innoson Buses Replace Keke In Owerri (Photos) / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.