Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% (8857 Views)

FG Increases Number Of N-power Beneficiaries From 500,000 To 1m / MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% / First Bank Of Nigeria: Salaries, Allowances, Promotion, Job Details? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by dipoolowoo: 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2020
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

**Promotes 5,000, Recruits 4,000

The management of United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc has approved salary upgrades for its employees with immediate effect this January.

A statement issued by the financial institution stated that beneficiaries of this exercise, over 5,000, will receive up to 170 percent increase in their salaries and benefits, whilst a good number have been moved to higher grade levels.

The Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of UBA, Mr Kennedy Uzoka, who announced the bank’s new staff improvement initiatives to the excited employees, noted that the bank was continually seeking new ways to improve the fortunes of its staff as they are the backbone of the organisation.

“As a leading financial institution, we do not take issues relating to our staff lightly. We take great pride in being a listening bank that has the ears of our employees as they turn the wheels which make the organisation successful for our customers and shareholders. UBA recruits highly talented staff who perform at the best standards and deserve to be remunerated accordingly,” Mr Uzoka said in a bank-wide live broadcast to workers of the organisation.

In a carefully planned restructuring embarked upon by the bank in the last quarter of 2019, UBA has transformed its grading system and processes to become one of the most competitive within the industry.

The bank crashed its grade levels to 12 levels from entry level to the top of the pyramid, where previously it had been 16 levels.

This means that staff will now find it much easier to attain top leadership management positions at UBA as their careers progress much faster.

It further recruited over 4000 new staff members, who resumed in the last week of December 2019, becoming the highest employer of labour amongst Nigerian banks with a staff strength of close to 20,000.

“We have also taken steps to ensure that our bank remains at the top tier as it relates to talent pool. We want to train the best and we have crashed the grade structure to make it easier and faster for our employees to progress along their careers.

“With this new grade structure, it will be possible for a new graduate employed at UBA to rapidly chart their own careers and become GMD by the age of 36,” the GMD/CEO further said in the broadcast.

UBA is one of Africa’s leading banks with operations in 20 African countries. The bank also has presence in the global financial centres of London, New York and Paris. UBA provides banking services to more than 17 million customers globally, through diverse channels.

https://businesspost.ng/jobs/excitement-as-uba-increases-staff-salaries-by-170/

1 Like

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by LUGBE: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kudos

1 Like

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by daddytime(m): 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
Beautiful...way to go UBA...
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Veyk(m): 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
These guys are smart. They're using this news to cover up the massive retrenchment(sacking) of their staff which they started yesterday. It is well.

24 Likes

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Ahmed0336(m): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
Veyk:
These guys are smart. They're using this news to cover up the massive retrenchment(sacking) of their staff which they started yesterday. It is well.

The matter tire me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Nicklaus619(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
Banking industry is a serious scam, they sack you just as you are about to retire to avoid paying pension, and they threaten to reduce your salary or retrench you if your promotion to a major position is due
Wicked human beings angry

4 Likes

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by obi4eze(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by obi4eze(m): 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hmm...
Increase salaries to 170%? I smell a rat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by fkj950ax(m): 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
obi4eze:
Hmm...

Probably only BASIC got 170% increment.
It definitely isn't gross

5 Likes

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by aduraseuniyanu: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Veyk:

Exactly, it's well

1 Like

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Veyk(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
I sympathise with those that were advised to resign. Even though I still dey haunt for job.. I just imagine what'd be going through their heads and that of their immediate family members.

May God help us.
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Veyk(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ahmed0336:

The matter tire me.
It's very serious.
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Hisduchess(f): 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
obi4eze:
Hmm...

Better smell a fish ooo grin grin
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Lorenzop: 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
Scam of the new decade....I can bet my balls they must have sacked more than the figures they promoted.....banking is too sugar coated honestly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by tbabs10166(m): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
I need a job in uba urgently. Who can help me please?
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by DrObum(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
UBA that just yesterday laid off many of their workers.
Such a shame of an institution, such hypocrisy!

God help all affected persons.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by abbeycial: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
DrObum:
UBA that just yesterday laid off many of their workers.
Such a shame of an institution, such hypocrisy!

God help all affected persons.

saw a topic on that in this forum but it's currently removed or hidden.
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by eledacedar(f): 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
Veyk:

They are doing damage control. And our so called journalists are part of it.

Well sha, na business

1 Like

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Damfostopper(m): 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
They won't mention that they have sacked too....... No wonder they employed bank tellers massively during November and December through different vendor companies.......i was part of the new bank teller recruits but I resigned two weeks ago to take up a better position at first bank..... ..but yesterday I heard that in my former branch, 3 persons were sacked. ....And it's nationwide sacking....... ..i feel for them

8 Likes

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
You see..., Am very happy for them o

https://start-online-stock-trading..com/?m=1

1 Share

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by tbabs10166(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
Damfostopper:
They won't mention that they have sacked too....... No wonder they employed bank tellers massively during November and December through different vendor companies.......i was part of the new bank teller recruits but I resigned two weeks ago to take up a better position at first bank..... ..but yesterday I heard that in my former branch, 3 persons were sacked. ....And it's nationwide sacking....... ..i feel for them
i sent u a dm bro
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Jodha(f): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
Their customer care and their Banking services is still shit ....
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by carter009(m): 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
Are you for real...
Veyk:
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by jom28gy(m): 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
however, good development
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by BravoDe: 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
Jodha:
Their customer care and their Banking services is still shit ....

Aswr oo, their banking service is the shittest.
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by johnpablo541(m): 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Veyk:

yeah, a friend at Asaba branch said all the tellers were sacked yesterday and two members of staff were also sacked. they felt really bad for them.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Cutehector(m): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
Damfostopper:
They won't mention that they have sacked too....... No wonder they employed bank tellers massively during November and December through different vendor companies.......i was part of the new bank teller recruits but I resigned two weeks ago to take up a better position at first bank.... ..but yesterday I heard that in my former branch, 3 persons were sacked. ....And it's nationwide sacking....... ..i feel for them
cool
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:26am On Jan 05, 2020
banks are scamers

1 Like

Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Damfostopper(m): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2020
tbabs10166:
i sent u a dm bro
my mail ain't working
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by DivineKayy(m): 9:44am On Jan 05, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Banking industry is a serious scam, they sack you just as you are about to retire to avoid paying pension, and they threaten to reduce your salary or retrench you if your promotion to a major position is due
Wicked human beings angry
Pension cannot be the reason because every staff pension account is being credited every month.
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by Nicklaus619(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2020
DivineKayy:

Pension cannot be the reason because every staff pension account is being credited every month.

I have people that have worked in this sectors for long, and believe me it's only the few fortunate ones. Are allowed to retire and paid. Pension
Re: Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% by DivineKayy(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2020
Nicklaus619:

I have people that have worked in this sectors for long, and believe me it's only the few fortunate ones. Are allowed to retire and paid. Pension
Perhaps they lied to you, every staff core and non-core have some amount of money been credited to their pension account monthly... They always receive alert so no "wayo wayo". Read this for more info>>>
https://www.pencom.gov.ng/pension-reform-act-2014/

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges / Rev Foods & Beverages Limited Aptitude Test / Beware!!! Do Not Attend Interview At This Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.