Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

I Need Your Advice Guys - My Dad's Shares - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Need Your Advice Guys - My Dad's Shares (1033 Views)

Should I Buy A Land Or Invest In Business?... Your Advice Counts / Please I Need Your Advice As I Plan To Take This Step / Financial Guru Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Scams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice Guys - My Dad's Shares by omrex: 1:56pm On May 28, 2007
I am here to share something with every one and will welcome your suggestions or advice, i would appreciate it alot.

I lost my father way back 1999 and when he was alive he used to buy shares as i never knew what it was untill i came to this forum and heard from some places like that. I want to know how i can go about claiming back all the share that my father bought during the 80's and i need advice how i can do that.

This are the shares he bought:
First bank
UBA
7 UP
Oando
Cultix
Adswitch
UAC
Aba textile
Golden guinea
and some others i cannot remember for now
Re: I Need Your Advice Guys - My Dad's Shares by BIGBOYLARY(m): 3:21pm On May 28, 2007
omrex:

I am here to share something with every one and will welcome your suggestions or advice, i would appreciate it alot.

I lost my father way back 1999 and when he was alive he used to buy shares as i never knew what it was untill i came to this forum and heard from some places like that. I want to know how i can go about claiming back all the share that my father bought during the 80's and i need advice how i can do that.

This are the shares he bought:
First bank
UBA
7 UP
Oando
Cultix
Adswitch
UAC
Aba textile
Golden guinea
and some others i cannot remember for now

@omrex
First and foremost do you have all the share certificates or do u know the stock broker your daddy is using if u can provide answer to these hope is not lost.
Re: I Need Your Advice Guys - My Dad's Shares by omrex: 7:20pm On May 28, 2007
Well my father did not have a stock broker at all because he himself was just conviced by someone(his friend) to buy the shares and i do not see any certificates yet in the file where he keeps the shares.

I can see dividends that he had alrady paid of the companies, iwant to know if i can take this to the registrars of each company to verify the accounts.
Re: I Need Your Advice Guys - My Dad's Shares by Tospej: 11:26am On Nov 24, 2009
Its quite unfortunate you lost your dad. I hope everyone will learn from some of these happenings. It is not as difficult as you think, you only need the right person to do it for you and be a little patient. what you need is a letter of administrator for the Estate of your father. Estate in this circumstance means Assets and its not limited to shares alone. It is only the High court that can give you. There is a form you will obtain and fill together with other siblings of your father except you are the only child, even as the only child you will need someone in the family to join you, this is necessary as the court will fully defend your dad even in death and will have to convince the probate registrar that you truly his son.

Frankly, this will cost you money, though not much, let me warn you, it is better to patronize the stock brokers because you will need to visit all the Registrars where your dad has shares.

If you don't mind, Call Peju on 08024769676 for further details. She will help you out.

You may wish to call me too 01-7390760

(1) (Reply)

#6,600 Investment That Changed My Story / What Are The Trusted, Paying Investment Websites... / 3 Risk Free Ways To Invest $250 And Make $1000 Within 60 Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.