Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,566 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

The US Government Lies Constantly - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The US Government Lies Constantly (314 Views)

Russia Vs Ukraine: The Lies, Misinformation And Outright Propaganda (Fact Check) / Breaking: Iranian Professional Hackers Hacks The US Government Website / US Government Starts Building Border Wall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The US Government Lies Constantly by AlBaqir(m): 4:59am On Jan 06, 2020
The US Government Lies Constantly, And The Burden Of Proof Is On The Accuser

written by caitlin johnstonesunday january 5, 2020

Over the last 48 hours I’ve been splitting my free time between (A) learning as much as I possibly can about the US assassination of top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani and (B) arguing with people online who are uncritically swallowing US government claims about why that assassination was necessary. I always engage such political debates because they’re a valuable source of information on what propaganda narratives people are buying into, and therefore which propaganda narratives need to be addressed.

What has been made abundantly clear from this particular engagement is that those who have bought into the Trump administration’s completely unsubstantiated claims about Soleimani are sincerely unaware that they have unquestioningly bought into unsubstantiated US government narratives. People tend to get their information from tightly insulated echo chambers, and if you inhabit an echo chamber that supports the current president all you’ll get is a bunch of officials, pundits and reporters saying in a confident-sounding tone of voice that Soleimani needed to be taken out. Since they’re surrounded by chatter affirming that Soleimani had attacked America and/or posed an imminent threat in the near future, they assume that chatter must be based on some actual facts in evidence.

It is not.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2020/january/05/the-us-government-lies-constantly-and-the-burden-of-proof-is-on-the-accuser/?fbclid=IwAR38O7n-NA67wHsED9RCEgqgOH-kgj8GWuZc2i2maFtBZdNSX9Djx1Z3Jsk

Re: The US Government Lies Constantly by AlBaqir(m): 5:02am On Jan 06, 2020
BUT WHEN WILL DEAD BRAINS STOP BELIEVING ANYTHING SERIAL LIAR U.S GOVERNMENT SAYS?

Re: The US Government Lies Constantly by Nukilia: 5:50am On Jan 06, 2020
Its a tough world and I believe the decisions of the US to unilaterally carry out attacks on any soil is an act of aggression. Let both countries withdraw from Iraq and fight on each others soil instead of further destroying Iraq. Let their citizens know what war looks like then I believe they'll think twice before supporting tyranny and occupation of another mans land. lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Iran Fears US War – May Have Deliberately Missed Hitting US In Missile Attack / Israel Vows To Crush Iran If It Attack Israel-netanyau / Pentagon Raises Number Of US Troops Injured In Iran Missile Attack To 64

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.