Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Never Raise A Vσice - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Never Raise A Vσice (207 Views)

How To Raise Children Into Responsible Adults / You Want To Raise Your Rank?. Be Of Help To Anyone / How Should We Raise Our Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Never Raise A Vσice by Bimpe29: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
We were discussing with our Shaykh, ash-Shaykh Abō Hammam, Sameer bin Ameen az-Zuhayri - May Allāh preserve him upon goodness - here in Burj al-'Arab in Alexandria about how some men beat their wives and things like that.

I was asking questions on it from different angles based on the texts on it and some of the reports from the early Muslims related directly or indirectly to the subject of beating one's wife.

So I thought to clarify that I'm not asking because I beat my own wives. I rather wanted to understand the rulings and manners regarding the issue from an elderly scholar and teacher. And sincerely, I've never touched any of my wives. So I told our Shaykh that I never raised my hand to beat a woman, and I've been married now for almost 20 years!

He looked at me, gave a mild smile, as if to say, "Na'm, Maashaa Allāh!" He turned and said (in Arabic what means), "You have never beaten a wife?!" I answered, "Yes, O our Shaykh!" and then he said, "I have NEVER raised voice against a woman"!

I was silent, dumbfounded, I think. He asked, "What does one gain raising a voice against the woman when the matter will ONLY be resolved when parties calmly listen to one another?"

I woke up from the dumb of silence to say, "And I will NEVER raise my voice against a woman."

He looked at me again, smiled and said, "May Allāh make it easy for you." My "Amin" was resounding.

O Allāh, make it easy fσr us all, bσth men and wσmen, Āmīn.
═══════════════════
Written By Abσσ Naasir - Allāh preserve him σn gσσdness

3 Likes

Re: Never Raise A Vσice by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:08am On Jan 07, 2020
Bimpe29:
We were discussing with our Shaykh, ash-Shaykh Abō Hammam, Sameer bin Ameen az-Zuhayri - May Allāh preserve him upon goodness - here in Burj al-'Arab in Alexandria about how some men beat their wives and things like that.

I was asking questions on it from different angles based on the texts on it and some of the reports from the early Muslims related directly or indirectly to the subject of beating one's wife.

So I thought to clarify that I'm not asking because I beat my own wives. I rather wanted to understand the rulings and manners regarding the issue from an elderly scholar and teacher. And sincerely, I've never touched any of my wives. So I told our Shaykh that I never raised my hand to beat a woman, and I've been married now for almost 20 years!

He looked at me, gave a mild smile, as if to say, "Na'm, Maashaa Allāh!" He turned and said (in Arabic what means), "You have never beaten a wife?!" I answered, "Yes, O our Shaykh!" and then he said, "I have NEVER raised voice against a woman"!

I was silent, dumbfounded, I think. He asked, "What does one gain raising a voice against the woman when the matter will ONLY be resolved when parties calmly listen to one another?"

I woke up from the dumb of silence to say, "And I will NEVER raise my voice against a woman."

He looked at me again, smiled and said, "May Allāh make it easy for you." My "Amin" was resounding.

O Allāh, make it easy fσr us all, bσth men and wσmen, Āmīn.
═══════════════════
Written By Abσσ Naasir - Allāh preserve him σn gσσdness

Lovely! Though it's not easy to be this calm with our wife/wives but we should always ask Allah to grant us calmness and patience in our marriage.
Beneficial to the married and to the yet-to-marry folks!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Islam Forbade Singing.... / Happy Eid-el-kabir To All Muslim Brothers and Sisters / Vices: Unethical Behavior Or Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.