Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (81499 Views)

2023: Reconsider Your Need To Travel To Nigeria - Australia, UK Warn Citizens / Insecurity In Nigeria: Canada Warns Citizens To Avoid Non-Essential Travel / Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by naptu2: 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
Iran: Reconsider travelling to Nigeria, US warns citizens

Published January 6, 2020

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

Following the Friday killing of Iranian General Qassem Soleimani in a drone airstrike, the United States has cautioned Americans to reconsider travelling to or across Nigeria.

The US Embassy in Nigeria, in a statement on its website, admonished American citizens to review their personal security measures, be prudent and keep a low profile.

Stating that it had no specific security threat information, the mission advised US nationals in Nigeria to stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, government facilities, places of worship, tourist locations, and transportation hubs.

The security advisory, which was dated January 3, 2020, also asked them to review and alter travel routes and times to reduce time and place predictability.

It read, “Due to recent world events, U.S. citizens should review their personal security measures. While we have no specific threat information, it is prudent to remind ourselves of the following personal security actions to follow on a regular basis.

“Actions to take: Be aware of your surroundings; keep a low profile; avoid crowds and demonstrations; exercise caution when walking or driving at night; carry proper identification; review your personal security plans and monitor local media for updates.”

Details later…

https://punchng.com/iran-reconsider-travel-to-nigeria-us-warns-citizens/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by naptu2: 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
Previous thread.

Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide
https://www.nairaland.com/5615427/death-soleimani-nigerian-igp-adamu
Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by AgentNairaland(f): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
Good

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by NwaAmaikpe: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
shocked

Chai.
I hope those overzealous Shi'ites won't start hunting US citizens in Nigeria?
I pity all those fake celebs who have been flaunting their "born in America" kids.

By this, it is apparent that the U.S.of A considers Nigeria a likely ally of Iran given the silence of it's leader to the broiling matter and considering the global attention of the frequent IMN clashes with the military.
Or maybe they are just being cautious.

So for all of those on here asking America to start the war already....I hope you are no where near Nigeria.
Because if the war starts, it will surely escalate to a global religious war.

There will be no internet access, those cheap Tecno phones that have always served as bragging tools here on NL will solely serve as flashlight as you wander through the swamps in the dark seeking for refuge in Panya and the inner Congos.

Don't lead America on please.

They have so much to lose because Americans are actually naturalized citizens of other countries.
So ultimately the chicken will be home to roost.
That is why the world is jittery....Because Iran is not just a regular Islamic country.

We are all scared.
There is no worse threat than a potential nuke war and I tell you...the safest place to be in if another world war starts is in the grave.

383 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by nototribalist: 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
Wetin we do na?

Why will everything Islamabad affect Nigeria, are we now a moslem country?

512 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Adaibeku(f): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Nwamaikpe Anuohia ...planning to make umubiafra laugh okwaaya , and don't talk about "Anamaachikwanu " as an anti-lovesong bikokwa

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by leoaso(m): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ehn?! How did we become involved in all this?

30 Likes

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GreetMe(m): 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
nototribalist:
Wetin we do na?

Why will everything Islamabad affect Nigeria, are we now a moslem country?

grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GreetMe(m): 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
See all Nairaland online war activists asking "what did Nigeria do?" grin

Shebi let the war start na? Una never see anything grin

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
leoaso:

Shiites are in Nigeria and they recently protested the death of their beloved. So Nigeria is in one way involved.

Anyways, I know with the coming of Imes, all these uproar and nonsense will reduce at least or will be completely eradicated at most.

For Imes is the end of bad days and the beginning of new good days.

Imes, we await your coming grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Rekhina(f): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
Reconsider my American brothers and sisters because likes of Afamed and mannabbqgll (Nzuzu team) loyalist to the sokoto caliphate might not be trusted

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Rekhina(f): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2020
Adaibeku:
Nwamaikpe Anuohia ...planning to make umubiafra laugh okwaaya , and don't talk about "Anamaachikwanu " as an anti-lovesong
Anamaachikwanu bu egwu umuakwuna grin grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Adaibeku(f): 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2020
Rekhina:
Anamaachikwanu bu egwu umuakwuna grin grin

Don't worry nukes thrown @ Iran must surely get to dubai lolz cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Adaibeku(f): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
Rekhina:
Reconsider my American brothers and sisters because likes of Afamed and mannabbqgll (Nzuzu team) loyalist to the sokoto caliphate might not be trusted

Better tell them sister

because that short Moslem Afa might be shekau and we are chatting him ! God save us from Antichrists ,blood of Jesus ! Cover us !

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by MetaPhysical: 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
Naptu,
Here is the keyword in bold...

It read, “Due to recent world events, U.S. citizens should review their personal security measures. While we have no specific threat information, it is prudent to remind ourselves of the following personal security actions to follow on a regular basis.

Advisory is issued based on lessons learnt.

For Nigerian Police, when this kind of event happen, what is their lessons learnt? Im not sure NPF has any specific threat either.
Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Afamed: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
Rekhina:
Over night Dubai citizen.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by leke12(m): 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
A war with Iran by the westerners will lead to global war, the same with saudi Arabia. Not a conventional war but terrorism on all fronts. We all know these two countries are the major fronts and source of the two divisions of Islam, both have a lot of extremists and sympathisers attached to them.

Even your brother or sister might just turn to your killer over night because of religion. Is not about having the largest tech or army na common sense. Pls lets be guided.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Danikayan: 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Over night Dubai citizen.
[/s]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Afamed: 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
Adaibeku:

Better tell them sister

because that short Moslem Afa might be shekau and we are chatting him ! God save us from Antichrists ,blood of Jesus ! Cover us !
Evening newspapers dem

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by naptu2: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Naptu,
Here is the keyword in bold...

Advisory is issued based on lessons learnt.

For Nigerian Police, when this kind of event happen, what is their lessons learnt? Im not sure NPF has any specific threat either.

Have you read the article about the Danish cartoon? I want to talk about lessons learnt, which is why I want you to read that article.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Danikayan: 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Evening newspapers dem
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Orissodiq: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
I just pray this people should not drag Nigeria to their stupid war. But seriously each of the both country will want to drag Nigeria along because of some reasons. 1 Nigeria is the best location as ally because of population and power in West. 2 Al-Shabab striked the joint military base of US and Kenya yesterday night and American military commander in Africa has promised retaliation. 3 Iran have interest in northern parts of Nigeria to gain the Shia influence. But seriously NIGERIA HAVE BETTER TO GAIN IF THEY JUST FOLD THEIR HANDS AND DID NOT TAKE A SIDE OF OUR OIL AND DEMAND FOR IT IS GONNA INCREASE IF IRAN IS INTO WAR. i know those people that understand opec and warfare will understand better.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by KendrickAyomide: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
All these Unverified news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
grin
grin
HERE IS A BETTER ADVICE FOR YOU. CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW!!
Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Amstupid(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
I love dis , Nigeria will participate in d war grin

I will spread d good news grin grin
Oh ,am happy

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Amstupid(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
leoaso:
be happy for good news in ur life 1ce na angry
Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by 9jamag(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
Better advice

Are you in need of a professional, effective & affordable Website Design for your business or organization? See my signature to contact us today.
Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Dpharisee: 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
It seems America doesn't know the difference between northern and southern Nigeria.
Meanwhile, with this warning we can see that assassinating that man has not made Americans any safer cool

7 Likes

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Chai.
I hope those overzealous Shi'ites won't start hunting US citizens in Nigeria?
I pity all those fake celebs who have been flaunting their "born in America" kids.

By this, it is apparent that the U.S.of A considers Nigeria a likely ally of Iran given the silence of it's leader to the broiling matter and considering the global attention of the frequent IMN clashes with the military.
Or maybe they are just being cautious.

So for all of those on here asking America to start the war already....I hope you are no where near Nigeria.
Because if the war starts, it will surely escalate to a global religious war.

There will be no internet access, those cheap Tecno phones that have always served as bragging tools here on NL will solely serve as flashlight as you wander through the swamps in the dark seeking for refuge in Panya and the inner Congos.

Don't lead America on please.

They have so much to lose because Americans are actually naturalized citizens of other countries.
So ultimately the chicken will be home to roost.
That is why the world is jittery....Because Iran is not just a regular Islamic country.

We are all scared.
There is no worse threat than a potential nuke war and I tell you...the safest place to be in if another world war starts is in the grave.
...Nigeria...its...
...seeking...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Pureherbal: 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
Not bad a suggestion, however, God will see us through as a nation.

Folks, cheer up !!
In-box me for plant based solutions to all your ill-health.
You will be glad you did !!

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Donte Franklin: White Man Gifts N23m To Nigerian Man Who Treks 17 Miles To Work / The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians / Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.