Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,909 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me (28886 Views)

Jamb Says No Admission For 2020 UTME Candidates / No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C / Lasu Change Of Course Form For Lagos Indigenes With The Status “no Admission Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Young042galaxy: 4:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
Bro never loose hope.
Keep ur dreams alive and work hard for it and equally back it up with prayer.
You will surely get what you desire no matter how long it takes.
I finished sec since 2013, I have passion for medicals.
Took 1st jamb and did very bad cos of tension.
2nd attempt, my physics was missing, but I got SLT at okopoly.
3rd attempt, I applied for nursing science at UNIPORT but they gave me crop and soil science.
4th attempt, applied for optometry at ABSU and they snubbed me.
5th attempt, I applied for pharmacy at ESUT but they gave me Applied biology and biotechnology.
6th attempt, I Applied for pharmacy again at Esut and I was given Nursing science which was the 1st course I applied b4 at uniport.
Now am in 2nd year.
Throughout all those years, I wasn't depressed for once neither did I settle for less cos I didn't want to study something which after, I will still be unemployed or carrying files � upanda.
Just keep ur dreams alive.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Vecto(m): 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
MyOleSolksjaer:
Get a laptop with wifi and your good to go.

Is that all angry
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Olokson(m): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

In other not to bore u all with long talks I will be brief.

I left secondary sch in 2016 and ever since I've been trying my luck to get in pharmacy school.

I've written jamb four times, over the years I've applied

Delsu, Abu, Delsu, and Udus

I don't consider myself as a brilliant student but I am above average.

Although I am currently studying S.L.T but i am not and never satisfied with the course.. infact I don't even pay attention in class and I hardly attend class all I think of is pharmacy

it's affecting my life.. now I don't even Know how to proceed with my life.

Mods pls I need your help

When you applied for Udus, what was your score and which year?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by mahyourmi(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

I left secondary sch in 2016 and ever since I've been trying my luck to get in pharmacy school.

Although I am currently studying S.L.T but i am not and never satisfied with the course.. infact I don't even pay attention in class and I hardly attend class all I think of is pharmacy

what if you get to final year and got killed?? please God time is the best its never too late
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by PeacefulBae: 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
I understand you dear. I finished secondary School in 2014, applied for Delsu same year, d next year again, b4 finally doing SLT around 2016, graduated with an upper credit, but I never liked it that I did go to a polytechnic. So I wrote jamb last yr, so recently got admission at FUPRE,Warri.
So dear, all I have to say is keep pushing, time dey run but know that it's never too late to achieve ur dreams wink

2 Likes

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by cooltola(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
This country tire person o
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by iaamxavier(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
Were you not the one that commented on my post on how much pharmacist corpers are being paid?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by maasoap(m): 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

I spent seven years seeking admission, rejected different admissions five times just because all I wanted to study was pharmacy. So, I gave up las las, studied another course entirely different. Today, my certificate is under my bed, just focusing on business and investments.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
ItzBabyBlimz:
I left sec school since 2010 so I tried and couldn't get admission for 3 yrs I had to go learn a skill which is hair dressing.Now I have my freedom to setup my own but I'm still sourcing for funds to start..NLers make una show me love oo
It's not late. You can still go back to school if you want and use your skills to earn money at the same time.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Blissbath(f): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
U can write jamb again n try northern universities or pass through jupeb
miracood:
Hello @all

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Analog95(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
I will advise you to just go learn a trade and don't kill yourself with depression. I have a B-Tech in mechanical engineering with a first class hon and a masters degree in applied mathematics. I got a job of 55k in a quarry company which pays those that Dont even have a degree 260k because they can operate heavy duty machines which I can't because no school will teach that. better snap out of depression.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by ArcFresky(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=miracood post=85587175][/quote]
let me use an example.
I wanted to study architecture,
My best subjects were economics, english and geography, my worst was chemistry... ALways failed it... even if I read from now to eternity.

So, I studied the jamb brochure and realized, the important subjects were Eng, Math and physics....I could then add either of Economics, Geography or chemistry.

My first jamb score with chemistry was so bad, I cant even remember the score.
My second jamb, I think I got 84 for geography....(I substituted Geography for chemistry)

So carry your jamb brochure and check the subject combinations.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Digmygold: 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
Please learn a trade and keep working on your UTME. God never leaves. He is with you all fhe way.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by mechanics(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Still write jamb again, don't give up.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Anban11: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
If you care for pharmacy in Unical,contact me
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Seluv: 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
If ur given any health science course just calm down and do ur best then you can apply for change of course to d pharmacy... Don't do d course anyhow just cax U don't like it ;
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by gooddyoung8: 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2020
I can help you if you select RUST rivers State University contact me
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by CsRockefeller(m): 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
It's well my brother. I entered University after 5 years of finishing secondary school, I understand what you are going through.

But, 2 years after Sec school, I gained admission into a polytechnic, that was where everything changed.

I still wished I had gained admission earlier as it's currently affecting me in the labor market but I give thanks to God.

My brother, whatsoever the hands finds doing, do it well. Take your SLT with every inch of seriousness. I know of a friend from Sec school who is still in his 3rd year, this life is unpredictable. This is a guy who was a genius in school.

Nelson Mandela said, "after climbing a big mountain, one then realizes that there are many more mountains to climb. So, even when you get admission, you will still face challenges, after graduation, you will face challenges, when you start working, you will face challenges. What then do you need to climb all these mountains? Faith in God, there you will find Hope, Endurance and patience.

Remember.......time and chance happeneth to them all.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
iaamxavier:
Were you not the one that commented on my post on how much pharmacist corpers are being paid?
yes I am
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
gooddyoung8:
I can help you if you select RUST rivers State University contact me
can I have ur number?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=jeruba post=85582212]If you're interested in studying at Kaduna state university, inbox me.
[/quote pls drop ur fb contact
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
wetdspace:
Bro you are already in school... stop thinking of nonsense things

It took me 10 yrs to go back to university, I finished in as a matured man.

Get a job or read well

Nice comment. Sir did you do full time or part time?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by kayprinz(m): 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
this life is unfair i have been looking for admission for the past 6years now when my parents are still alive now they are dead i just said i should try my luck now i was given admission to study sociology in foye i don't have anybody to sponsor me right ..i supposed to resume on Monday but i can't because i don't money i don't know what to do now ...this life sef
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by frozen70(f): 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
If you have gotten waec and Jamb is your problem

Go to Ghana or cotonou and get admission pls
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by seunmohmoh(f): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
Same problem. But am I depressed? NO.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by GrandMufti: 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Same problem. But am I depressed? NO.

Why not use Udemy for the meantime
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by seunmohmoh(f): 11:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

Why not use Udemy for the meantime
Never heard of it.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by iaamxavier(m): 12:01am On Jan 08, 2020
miracood:
yes I am

Okay
Do you have the capability to pay 200k per session??

I'd recommend a university where you just require 250 jamb score and no post ume to guarantee you admission to study pharmacy
PS: it's a state university and besides what's your state of origin to start from?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by nnahernest(m): 1:59am On Jan 08, 2020
Chat me up on WhatsApp,let me see how I will be if help 07039476669

miracood:
Hello @all

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 08, 2020
iaamxavier:

Okay
Do you have the capability to pay 200k per session??

I'd recommend a university where you just require 250 jamb score and no post ume to guarantee you admission to study pharmacy
PS: it's a state university and besides what's your state of origin to start from?
by God's grace

Delta
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by spiceadole: 5:42am On Jan 08, 2020
Prudent200:
Ever since you became a Doctor what about your class mate who finished Ahead of you,are they drawing themself close to you?

Well...I haven't given them the opportunity to draw close.They admire me from afar..However,I'm closer to my university colleagues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High / 4 Universities Approved To Run E-learning Degree Programmes In Nigeria / Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.