Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Internet Penetration In Nigeria. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Internet Penetration In Nigeria. (756 Views)

Why Jumia Mobile Week Will Deepen Smartphone Penetration In Nigeria / Market Survey On Blackberry Penetration In Nigeria / Solution For Wireless Networks From Hackers Penetration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Penetration In Nigeria. by daltonoke: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
Hey. I got into a heated argument with a friend regarding Internet penetration in Nigeria. While he was of the opinion that the quality of Internet in Nigeria is still below international standards and that too many people still do not have access, I am of the view that we've done quite well in light of the issues we have as a country. I supported my position with data of subscribers on the various ISP,GSM and CDMA networks and he more or less stated that the figures were cooked up. I therefore would like clarification from the public sphere; how many Nigerians actually use the Internet? What do the likes of Mobitel, Swift, DOPC, Netcom, Linkserve, Glo, Zai, sorry, Airtel, MTN, Starcomms, Zoom and the rest of them stand on the matter of Internet penetration? Are the subscriber figures they quote for real?
Re: Internet Penetration In Nigeria. by vicajabor: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2010
The numbers are cooked up and yes your friend is very right, we are far below international standards but i think we'll catch up in less than 20years.
Re: Internet Penetration In Nigeria. by ivie11: 4:47am On Dec 05, 2010
hi guy, this is a serious problem, this is very important.
I have read a report that shows 25% Nigerian are surfing internet via mobile phones. and there are around 9 million people have access to internet via PC.
Re: Internet Penetration In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2012
Re: Internet Penetration In Nigeria. by mrperfect(m): 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2012
There are growning number of Nigerians using internet.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Phones And The Nigerian Warranty / Get Your Own Online Shop And Start Stelling / Fresh Nokias Jst Arived From Uk @ Gv Away Prices, Nokia 6288, E61i, 6630, N70, 3500c, 3110. Huryy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.