Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,164 members, 7,852,965 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is (76076 Views)

Stampede At Qassem Soleimani's Burial Kills 40 People, Injures 213 Persons / Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount / Qassem Soleimani's Hand Before And After The Attack (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
FemiMaduka:
There is a whole lot of home-politics being played in the reactions to this issue. No one is talking about the fact that Qassem Soleimani directed the attack on the U.S. embassy in Iraq that killed a number of Americans. No one is talking about the fact that the rebels his IRGC sponsors attacked a Saudi oil facility with rockets few weeks ago.

And most importantly, under the U.S. law, Qassem Soleimani was the leader of a 'terrorist organization'—the U.S. had gazzetted the IRGC as a terrorist organisation few months ago. So, legally [as far as the U.S. is concerned], the killing of Qassem is just like that of al Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS.

Fortunately if the reports of 'no-casualty' are true, then it means Iran has adeptly navigated this murky waters: it has fired directly on a U.S. base—enough to assuage the rage within Iran and to keep its national pride. And most importantly, it has made sure there are no casualties on the American side—just enough to not incite the U.S. into retaliation.
A lot of gibberish and falsehood in ur assertions

Although, you write well but you still lack proper schooling in international politics.

For the records, it's yet to be proven who exactly attacked Saudi oil facility. Houthi rebels in Yemen claimed responsibility for that very attack, but USA somehow still managed, without evidence, to blame it on Iran. Just last week, united Nations committee of seasoned investigators who are investigating that very attack, revealed that there is completely non existing evidence in support of US claims as other indicators show otherwise so far.

Memories are still fresh in our minds concerning the lies contained in USA intel report about the stockpile of WMD in the possession of Sadam Hussein, which happens to be non existent as no weapon of mass destruction has been found till date.

They (USA and allies) went to Libya and took out Gaddafi and destroyed Libya which was the only country working in Africa. Till date crisis in Libya still rages.

Also to correct u, the only attack on US embassy was the one carried out by protesters protesting against US strikes on Iraq militia forces. That protest at US embassy caused no injuries or casualties.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Chatbot1234: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
why trump hasn't tweeted for over 13hrs now is my major concern grin
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by kayjay69(m): 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2020
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why Iran hates Israel and the USA?

Please do not take this as offensive because I do not mean it as such, I would suggest you do some honest digging and also keep a very open mind.

I was also like you at some point. I grew up thinking the world was Black and White. Good versus Evil. I did not know that the ones who pose as good are more evil than the ones who are painted as such. Then I discovered that life is just a series of cause and effect and things do not happen randomly they happen for a reason.

I think I have come to a safe conclusion that the world will never be at peace but the world will be a much better and peaceful place if every country were strong in their own way.

Righteousness89:
The Fact of the Matter is That the Sanctions on Iran by the USA crippled Iran and its officials..

Iranian igc are known to fight through their proxies ..

Iran is a nation with Some great citizens but Extremists jihadist leaders.. Their Hatred for Isreal is out of this World...

Jerusalem ( The city of David) is the Target.. but it's in vain..

Most of the Fights you see in the Middle East is what I Term " The Hands of Esau but the voice of Jacob"

Hezebollah
PMF
Hamas
Yemenis fighters
Are all proxies of iran..

The Blowing up of Saudi Aramco was purely the Iran Igc..

The Killing of the American contractor in Iraq was purely the Iran igc

The Destruction of the USA embassy in Iraq by The PMF was the Hand of Iran..

General Suleiman was with Vice Commander of PMF when they were targeted !

Iran Greatest Enemies is Isreal...

The sight of Isreal runs their leaders mad..

Their Issue with American is because of the US support for Isreal
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by amstamon: 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2020
Tylerbreeze:
sorry ..my number is 07013756804
Your ID card nko?
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by WizBLANCE(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
Snowale:
Sowore wasn't tagged a terrorists, and his revolution is accepted by people all over the country, infact most yoruba's don't know him, if Nnamdi Kanu is killed, then I will believe USA is the police of the world. Then, Thousands of Biafra would come out to mourn, Just like millions Iranian and Iraqi mourned Soleimani

Nnamdi kanu didn't get the terrorist medal/badge on his first year of protesting, why are you promoting sorwore before he earns the height of being labed a terrorist?

My point is, if freedom fighters must be killed for what they belive in before you know that USA is the world police, then Sowore should be dead now that he is still in puparty stage. There is no point in postponing the evil date
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Legendguru: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
Oh
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by cutelover19(m): 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2020
So much illiteracy on this thread. Most people don't even understand the recent diplomatic actions taken by the US, they're rushing to comment... SMH

1 Like

Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Righteousness89(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
Moniya4Real:

Haba! Bros, you seem to know more than Pompeo o
Hahahaha. ..
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by modsfucker: 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
toluleke:
I am a Christian but Humanity first before Religion. Lives are lost is the most important thing Enough of Jungle justice by Americans

America is going to war with Iran because of the recent attack on Saudi oil facilities, allegedly carried out by Iran. As we speak, Saudi is jubilating over what's happening.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by delishpot: 11:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

This isn't about religion. It's more about politics

Noted. Thanks
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by AngelicBeing: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Fact of the Matter is That the Sanctions on Iran by the USA crippled Iran and its officials..

Iranian igc are known to fight through their proxies ..

Iran is a nation with Some great citizens but Extremists jihadist leaders.. Their Hatred for Isreal is out of this World...

Jerusalem ( The city of David) is the Target.. but it's in vain..

Most of the Fights you see in the Middle East is what I Term " The Hands of Esau but the voice of Jacob"

Hezebollah
PMF
Hamas
Yemenis fighters
Are all proxies of iran..

The Blowing up of Saudi Aramco was purely the Iran Igc..

The Killing of the American contractor in Iraq was purely the Iran igc

The Destruction of the USA embassy in Iraq by The PMF was the Hand of Iran..

General Suleiman was with Vice Commander of PMF when they were targeted !

Iran Greatest Enemies is Isreal...

The sight of Isreal runs their leaders mad..

Their Issue with American is because of the US support for Isreal
Gbam grin

1 Like

Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Chuka002: 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
I have done a detailed research for my African
in Diaspora finding it hard to get Nigeria food stuffs due to your busy schedule.

Most people eat junks and all kind of foriegn food which has complications to the body later on, and sometimes it gives excessive fat.

I am bringing a solution to your door step.
Green Sun food export is here to profer solutions to this problem. Lets take your orders of Nigeria food stuffs and it will be sent to your door steps.

We can get Food stuffs like Egusi( Melon seed), Ogbono, Bitterleaf, Yam, Red Oil, Amala(yam flour) Beans(white and brown), Ijebu Garri, stock fish, etc.. Please tell us want you want, we are one text or call away.

We are just a Whatsapp Message away.

Mr Precious +2349067019624
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by tck2000(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
one1prax:
abeg make US and Iran settle. we gotta avoid ww3
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Moniya4Real(m): 5:05am On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:
If you take your time to read the expository below ,then one will understand the constituent of the "vast crowd" at the terrorist burial as they don't represent the ordinarily suppressed iranians.

Basij, The Oppressive Arm Of The Iranian Regime 

Shortly after the 1979 revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the founder of Iran’s Islamic Republic, gave a speech to the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) and emphasized that the country needed a 20 million-strong army to be able to defend itself against its enemies, particularly the United States.

Iranian sources consider that date the official establishment of the Basij (the name means mobilization). However, the related law was only passed in June 1980.​

​It states that the purpose of the Basij is "to train and organize all volunteers for encountering any threat and invasion against the accomplishments of the Islamic revolution from inside and outside.”

​The law also places the Basij organization under the control of the supreme leader; however, in practice, it has always been supervised by the IRGC.

When Iraq under Saddam Hussein invaded Iran in September 1980, the ayatollahs faced a challenge in defending the country. They had weakened the country’s military by executing or imprisoning many high-ranking military officers, allegedly for being loyal to the previous regime or being involved in suppressing the revolutionaries.

Under such circumstances, the Basij started to recruit millions of volunteers for the war. Without the contribution of the so-called Basijis, Iran most probably would have lost the war to Saddam’s army.

When the war was over, the IRGC started to use the Basij for staging propaganda events in support of the regime. For instance, when the supreme leader calls for a rally in support of the system or against Western countries, the Basijis are the first on the scene and encourage or even force others to 

During the presidency of Mohammad Khatami (1997-2005), who attempted some political reforms, Basijis became thugs attacking reformist politicians, journalists, students, or anyone critical of the conservative establishment.

The height of their notoriety was the protests against the re-election of Mahmud Ahmadinejad as Iran’s president in 2009, when they were armed by the IRGC to suppress protesters.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, third left, reviews Basij paramilitary volunteers, affiliated to the elite Revolutionary Guard, during their parade ceremony, as he is accompanied by Revolutionary Guard's commander Yahya Rahim Safavi, second left, T

​​In addition to beating up supporters of the so-called Green Movement and handing them over to security forces, they were also responsible for killing dozens. Their most famous victim was a 26-year-old woman who was shot by a Basiji in June 2009 in downtown Tehran. The video of her tragic death shook the country and the world. Later, a suspect was arrested who carried a Basij identity card.

The Basij also does significant recruitment in schools. Therecruits are separated into categories, "Omidan" (Hopes, in elementary schools); "Pouyandegan" (Seekers, in middle schools) and "Pishgaman" (Standard Bearers, in high schools).

Confession from a Basij

All my fellow [Basij] had come. Some were on motorbikes. The little and simple equipment of the Basij is more efficient than armies. We put everything in the van and went while chanting: “Ali, Ali” [eds: Shi’a first imam and son in law and cousin of the Prophet Mohammad]. The [Basij members] were all in very good spirits. Someone said, let’s say Salawat [a prayer] for the health of the Hidden Imam. One member said Salawat for the health of Imam Khamenei and the annihilation of the sedition [eds: Green Movement]. Another said Salawat for the guidance of the seditionists. 

We reached the [base]. Everything was secret. We were the only one who knew about it, [along with] the locals, cars that were passing by, and finally foreign spies!!! We were supposed to have lunch and wait until they told us where to go. After waiting -- which has become routine for the Basij -- the commander talked to us and gave us some old advice. When he was about to leave, everyone shouted, “What happened to lunch?!” and at the same moment the deployment order came. After some preparation they started distributing some snacks. I didn’t receive any Sandis and cake, we didn’t even get straws that we could poke into opposition leader Mehdi Karrubi’s eyes. [eds: Snacks and drinks, including Sandis juices, were reportedly distributed at some progovernment demonstrations, prompting the opposition to say participants and Basij members only go to these events for the refreshments.]
Excelent and truthful but one sided.
I think you would have done justice to both sides by starting your write up from pre-1979 iranian revolution when the US removed a democratically elected govt a nd imposed their own puppet cos of their national interest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis / Photos From Florida High School Shooting That Killed 17 And Injured 50 More / Barack Obama's Daughters, Sasha & Malia Enjoy An Afternoon Stroll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.