Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Fed Science And Technical Colleges Vs Fed Govt Colleges(unity Schools) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fed Science And Technical Colleges Vs Fed Govt Colleges(unity Schools) (686 Views)

Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? / Breaking: Federal Govt Announce Resumption Date For Federal Govt Colleges / The Rot In Unity Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fed Science And Technical Colleges Vs Fed Govt Colleges(unity Schools) by qtx(m): 5:19am On Jan 08, 2020
Hello House,
I need some information on the differences between these two categories of secondary schools in Nigeria.

A neighbor asked for advice because he is contemplating which of the schools his little son should prepare for.

I tried to enquire from a colleague at work but he said himself attended Fed Science and technical college and that he thinks it is better for the child to attend Unity school because if he does attend FSTC he might not be given admission in the university for courses like engineering, medicine except for technological courses alone.

But this is getting me more confused hence i have to ask, what is your advice in this regard if his assertion is correct.

And what if he is wrong, is there any differences between the two categories with regards to the child's future admission in the university, the course he will be allowed to study, etc ? And of course any recommendations as well.
@Admin, kindly move to front page for quick reactions as the common entrance exam is already near.

Thanks
Re: Fed Science And Technical Colleges Vs Fed Govt Colleges(unity Schools) by emman44(m): 6:31am On Jan 08, 2020
qtx:
Hello House,
I need some information on the differences between these two categories of secondary schools in Nigeria.

A neighbor asked for advice because he is contemplating which of the schools his little son should prepare for.

I tried to enquire from a colleague at work but he said himself attended Fed Science and technical college and that he thinks it is better for the child to attend Unity school because if he does attend FSTC he might not be given admission in the university for courses like engineering, medicine except for technological courses alone.

But this is getting me more confused hence i have to ask, what is your advice in this regard if his assertion is correct.

And what if he is wrong, is there any differences between the two categories with regards to the child's future admission in the university, the course he will be allowed to study, etc ? And of course any recommendations as well.
@Admin, kindly move to front page for quick reactions as the common entrance exam is already near.

Thanks
FSTC is also a unity school that consists of both the science and technical department and its products can study any course except Law at the university. I attended FSTC (Science ) so I know better. Today we have Doctors, Computer Scientists, Civil Engineers, Animal Scientists, etc among us. Do your findings before you decide.
Re: Fed Science And Technical Colleges Vs Fed Govt Colleges(unity Schools) by hismond(m): 10:36am On Jan 08, 2020
FSTC is divided into the science & technical section for senior classes. In the science arts & commercial section, the students are registered for WAEC & NECO and they can study whatever course they choose to study.

The technical section are registered for NECO & NABTEB only. The technical section is very helpful for those who want to study engineering, building related professions, catering, secretarial studies & other technical related profession.

If the child wants to study Law for example, then the child needn't be in the technical section.

FGC unlike FSTCs are not fully based on technicals.
Re: Fed Science And Technical Colleges Vs Fed Govt Colleges(unity Schools) by qtx(m): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2020
hismond:
FSTC is divided into the science & technical section for senior classes. In the science arts & commercial section, the students are registered for WAEC & NECO and they can study whatever course they choose to study.

The technical section are registered for NECO & NABTEB only. The technical section is very helpful for those who want to study engineering, building related professions, catering, secretarial studies & other technical related profession.

If the child wants to [b]study Law for example, [/b]then the child needn't be in the technical section.

FGC unlike FSTCs are not fully based on technicals.
What about a degree in English?
Re: Fed Science And Technical Colleges Vs Fed Govt Colleges(unity Schools) by hismond(m): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
qtx:

What about a degree in English?

Any of the two schools are good, but if the child goes to FSTC, then he/she has nothing to do in the technical section. That's all
Re: Fed Science And Technical Colleges Vs Fed Govt Colleges(unity Schools) by qtx(m): 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
hismond:

Any of the two schools are good, but if the child goes to FSTC, then he/she has nothing to do in the technical section. That's all
But I thought FSTC is science and Tech inclined?

(1) (Reply)

Good News Wuhan University Open Chinese Government Scholarship 2020 / 6 Simple Changes That Will Make Your Brain Work Better / UI PG Application Scam Alert: Darey2020 Is A Fraudster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.