Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? (14964 Views)

Throwback: Court Orders Uniform Cut Off Mark For Unity Schools. / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Jokerman(m): 11:53am On Apr 27
The cut of marks for pupils seeking to get admission into Federal secondary schools recently released shows a disparity in cut off marks.

Why will someone from Anambra need to score as high as 139, and someone in Yobe need to score 2?

Or why will someone in Lagos need to score 133 and another from Kebbi need to score 9 to gain admission??

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Jokerman(m): 11:54am On Apr 27
Funny enough, the person that scored 4 will be considered for Federal political appointment and Quota System over someone from Ogun that scored 131.

183 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Enyimbafc: 11:56am On Apr 27
That is what happens when you share country with cows and religious terrors.

210 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by immortalcrown(m): 11:57am On Apr 27
Because one Nigeria is a big scam.

The different cutoff marks are evidence of marginalisation of some regions. But hypocrites deny it.

However, the favoured region has the highest rate of illiteracy.

Reno who claims that Anambra is the capital of exam malpractice should explain why Anambra has the highest cutoff mark on this list. The list clearly shows that Anambra has always been intellectually more capable than other states.

188 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Ezeama400: 11:57am On Apr 27
We were all created equal, but some people have sworn never to develop their their God's given brain..

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by ebufa: 12:02pm On Apr 27
Jokerman:
Funny enough, the person that scored 4 will be considered for Federal political appointment and Quota System over someone from Ogun that scored 131.

The same person from Ogun will call peter obi that made Anambra 139 a common trader !!!......Black Africans suck big time, very strange people !!

220 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:05pm On Apr 27
immortalcrown:

The different cutoff marks are evidence of marginalisation of some regions. But hypocrites deny it.

And the funny thing is, had the so called 'educationally disadvantaged' ones been 'advantaged', they would have devised a way to corner more from the federation account for states doing well in education.....kinda like they sneakily did with population and landmass!

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by slivertongue: 12:05pm On Apr 27
my state's requirement is fair. But the score for Anambra show they are academically more capable than other States

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by chiefolododo(m): 12:15pm On Apr 27
The northerners are not ashamed of themselves ,2 compared to 138

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 12:18pm On Apr 27
Enyimbafc:
That is what happens when you share country with cows and religious terrors.
Those are the cows and terrorists pitobi is licking their arsess as we speak. In another thread, he will say igbos don't insult the notherners and they are building bridges.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by AustineE1: 12:21pm On Apr 27
Anambra state and by extension the entire Igbo states are in a world of there own.

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Nyouth: 12:28pm On Apr 27
immortalcrown:

Reno who claims that Anambra is the capital of exam malpractice should explain why Anambra has the highest cutoff mark on this list. The list clearly shows that Anambra has always been intellectually more capable than other states.
no bro i see it this way. The cut of mark is a prove that one from a particular region is of higher intellect than the others or basically say one is more human than the others

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Nyouth: 12:31pm On Apr 27
slivertongue:
my state's requirement is fair. But the score for Anambra show they are academically more capable than other States
it's better you say it because of the evidence you see, because if soke people say it themselves it breeds hate for them

9 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Enyimbafc: 12:33pm On Apr 27
Richtaiwo:

Those are the cows and terrorists pitobi is licking their arsess as we speak. In another thread, he will say igbos don't insult the notherners and they are building bridges.
Peter Obi is only for himself,without been president for decades and also fighting civil war,igbos are waxing stronger like the roaring lion each day.So to hell with the almajiri terrorist cows.

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by StOla: 12:37pm On Apr 27
Straight answer is quota.

Every state has a quota, so whatever it takes to fill that quota versus the scores of the students from that state, is what you see as cut off mark.

No state has cheated another state. All have only fulfilled their respective quotas to benefit from the subsidised education that the federal government is providing to aid their unity objective of those Unity Schools.

It is not by force to attend a unity school which does not even constitute 5% of all the secondary schools in Nigeria.

Unity School system is a post civil war programme of the federal government to engender harmony and unity in Nigerian children.

I did not attend a unity secondary school and I made it in life.

That I did not enjoy the subsidised secondary education provided by Unity Schools, does not mean I did not enjoy the heavily subsidised public tertiary education that Nigeria provided that landed me a job in a multinational firm.

For that, I am grateful and free of student loans my foreign counterparts are paying.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 12:46pm On Apr 27
Enyimbafc:
Peter Obi is only for himself,without been president for decades and also fighting civil war,igbos are waxing stronger like the roaring lion each day.So to hell with the almajiri terrorist cows.
Okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Mindlog: 12:47pm On Apr 27
My eldest sister scored 543 when it was over 600 and Imo state had the highest cut off mark of 527 back then.

She passed the subsequent interview but was not given admission to her first choice of Queens College, Lagos nor her second choice FGC Ijanikin as my parents wanted her to remain in Lagos....dem post am go FGC Sokoto but her classmate from Kaduna who scored less than 450 got admitted into Queens College...my parents said thunder fire Federal Ministry of Education and refused the admission, got my sister enrolled in a day secondary school in Lagos 😂😂😂

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 12:50pm On Apr 27
StOla:

Every state has a quota, so whatever it takes to fill that quota versus the scores of the students from that state, is what you see as cut off mark.

No state has cheated another state. All have only fulfilled their respective quotas to benefit from the subsidised education that the federal government is providing to aid their unity objective of those Unity Schools.

It is not by force to attend a unity school which does not even constitute 5% of all the secondary schools in Nigeria.

Unity School system is a post civil war programme of the federal government to engender harmony and unity in Nigerian children.

That I did not enjoy the subsidised secondary education provided by Unity Schools, does not mean I did not enjoy the heavily subsidised public tertiary education that Nigeria provided that landed me a job in a multinational firm.

For that, I am grateful and free of student loans my foreign counterparts are paying.
But some people who claim they are not Nigerians will rather prefer all the slots be allocated to them to the detriment of educationally disadvantaged Nigerian states. Nigeria really dodged a big missile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Racoon(m): 12:51pm On Apr 27
Simply because of the defective quota system that was introduced by some people who are afraid of actual academic performance in order to cover up their deficiency.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 12:56pm On Apr 27
StOla:

The same quota system they apply to federal jobs and then sometimes make the ones who scored low in charge of those who scored high.

Then you wonder why the country is the way it is...

The quota system has proven not to be effective, because it only makes some states lazy to believe that whether they improve or not is not a problem, because their slot is always there...

What encouragement would be the basis for Zamfara that only needs 2 to gain admission?

If the quota system is always there, if they know they will not gain admission if they don't score 139 like Anambra, do you think the state government will sit down docile each year?

You now see part of the reason why the north is lagging behind in education and so many other human development index indices...

The truth is they are relaxed that their slot is always there in almost every aspect of governance, from presidency down to primary schools....

66 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Hankim: 12:57pm On Apr 27
Richtaiwo:

You mean we should call black white because someone from my tribe wants to become president? why I'm in the same country with animals like you is what pain me most

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 1:00pm On Apr 27
Hankim:

You mean we should call black white because someone from my tribe wants to become president? why I'm in the same country with animals like you is what pain me most
Point of correction, I'm a Nigerian, not biafran. So I wonder how I'm in same country with ipob piiiigs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 1:02pm On Apr 27
Richtaiwo:

But some people who claim they are not Nigerians will rather prefer all the slots be allocated to them to the detriment of educationally disadvantaged Nigerian states. Nigeria really dodged a big missile.

Listen to yourself, no one is asking for that, what we are saying is give an equitable competitive system, the quota system has failed and still failing, it is not helping the northerners at all and the country....

It is making them to lag academically and other developments which is affecting the country....

The same quota system they apply to federal jobs and then sometimes make the ones who scored low in charge of those who scored high.

The quota system has proven not to be effective, because it only makes some states lazy to believe that whether they improve or not is not a problem, because their slot is always there...

What encouragement would be the basis for Zamfara that only needs 2 to gain admission?

If the quota system is always there, if they know they will not gain admission if they don't score 139 like Anambra, do you think the state government will sit down docile each year?

You now see part of the reason why the north is lagging behind in a education and so many other human development index indices...

The truth is they are relaxed that their slot is always there in almost every aspect of governance, from presidency down to primary schools....

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 1:06pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

Listen to yourself, no one is asking for that, what we are saying is give an equitable competitive system, the quota system has failed and still failing, it is not helping the northerners at all and the country....

It is making them to lag academically and other developments which is affecting the country....

When you finally get your biafra, you can ignore any part that is disadvantaged in any form. But in Nigeria, the national resources can't be concentrated in the training of a singl section who claim they are not even Nigerians. Unity Schools are for the benefit of all Nigerians. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 1:13pm On Apr 27
Richtaiwo:

When you finally get your biafra, you can ignore any part that is disadvantaged in any form. But in Nigeria, the national resources can't be concentrated in the training of a singl section who claim they are not even Nigerians. Unity Schools are for the benefit of all Nigerians. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you.

That's the problem with you guys everything is seen as fight, the truth is the quota system is not helping anybody, the system is partly what has kept Nigeria the way it is and breeds injustice and laziness ...

Are you trying to say that the north can never match up with the south east academically?

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Hankim: 1:20pm On Apr 27
Richtaiwo:

Point of correction, I'm a Nigerian, not biafran. So I wonder how I'm in same country with ipob piiiigs.

Who expect an animalll to make sensible comment, shift with your empty skull grin grin

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Hankim: 1:21pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

That's the problem with you guys everything is seen as fight, the truth is the quota system is not helping anybody, the system is partly what has kept Nigeria the way it is and breeds injustice and laziness ...

Are you trying to say that the north can never match up with the south east academically?

Nigeria is going nowhere with this kind of people, they are like what Yoruba call Aguto

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Splashme: 1:54pm On Apr 27
Anambra always leading.
Well done Peter Obi

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by StOla: 2:05pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

You now see part of the reason why the north is lagging behind in education and so many other human development index indices...

I will never support quota system in anything else except the Unity School system.

If you understand that the objective of the unity school is to always have a diverse mixture together and all enjoying subsidised education, then you will appreciate why it is a quota based system.

Otherwise, quota does not allow for the best.

Unity school is not for the best, it is for unity in diversity.

I used to know about some federal government school for the gifted.

That type of school should have no quota system to recruit students of diverse ethnicities, but a single system of recruiting only the exceptionally gifted students, regardless of which part of the country they originate from.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Brendaniel: 2:07pm On Apr 27
StOla:

I will never support quota system in anything else except the Unity School system.

If you understand that the objective of the unity school is to always have a diverse mixture together and all enjoying subsidised education, then you will appreciate why it is a quota based system.

Otherwise, quota does not allow for the best.

Unity school is not for the best, it is for unity in diversity.

So Zamfara should keep scoring 2 to gain admission ?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Jokerman(m): 2:09pm On Apr 27
Brendaniel:

So Zamfara should keep scoring 2 to gain admission ?

Lol... 😬

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan / Biodun Ogunyemi: Some Lecturers Not Qualified To Be In Varsities / Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.