Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President (1042 Views)

Dutch Prisons Are Closing Because The Country Is So Safe / JAPAN - A Country Without Muslim: Cause For Peace / South Africa's ANC Calls Israeli Ambassador To Leave The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by Ibime(m): 12:14am On Dec 04, 2010
Is Afghanistan an American colony?

Discuss.
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by Beaf: 8:30am On Dec 04, 2010
Evidently, Kazai no features in US calculations. I would watch my back if I were him.
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by Ibime(m): 10:28am On Dec 04, 2010
Its not about Karzai.

Its about simple diplomacy.

Its an act of aggression for a leader to enter another country (visiting troops) without visiting the Prez.

Yankee is behaving extremely arrogantly these days. After the wikileaks expose on the spying of UN officials, American military saying that British soldiers ae rubbish etc, one would imagine that America would not commit any more faux pas for the foreseeable future.

If you can't talk to neither your friends nor enemies, how can you broker influence?
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by ElRazur: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2010
Ibime:

Its not about Karzai.

Its about simple diplomacy.

Its an act of aggression for a leader to enter another country (visiting troops) without visiting the Prez.

Yankee is behaving extremely arrogantly these days. After the wikileaks expose on the spying of UN officials, American military saying that British soldiers ae rubbish etc, one would imagine that America would not commit any more faux pas for the foreseeable future.

If you can't talk to neither your friends nor enemies, how can you broker influence?

Will it be a fair assessment to call your post Anti-western sentimental rubbish? (Insert rolleyes smiley here)

Here is the real crunch of the story that Ibime won't mention (See below)

But a planned trip to Kabul to meet President Hamid Karzai was cancelled because of stormy weather and difficult travel conditions.

The cancellation disappointed security analyst Michael O'Hanlon from the Washington-based Brookings Institute. "I think what I would have suggested is that the president spend the night in Afghanistan. Bagram Air Force base is quite safe. I do not think there is any realistic concern about him spending the night there. And then if the weather is good in the morning, take a helicopter to Kabul to see President Karzai and then come home," he said.

The two leaders did speak over a secure telephone link.

Now, the BOLD parts are the juicy bits.  While the part in ITALICS are nothing but an opinion of somebody.   Unfortunately, it appears Ibime is interested in the personal opinion than the facts of the matter.  Nice one sir.

Unless off course you are talking about another story I am not aware of.

Story taken from

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Obama-Afghan-Visit-Squeezed-Between-Wikileaks-Revelations-and-Policy-Review-111301979.html
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by Beaf: 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2010
^
You are missing a big chunk in the puzzle.
Lets put it another way; would you expect Obama to visit Menwith Hill in the UK and claim not to be able to see David Cameron because of bad weather?
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by ElRazur: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2010
Compare likes for likes, and not an orange with a table!

Afghan have security issues and it is not unheard of for the so called "Green Zone" to be shelled when important officials are known to be in town.

The roads are bad and not as good as the UK. London do not have taliban roaming around with Ak47 and RPGs etc. So I think it is an unfair comparison.

The point is, the opinion of one man is what Ibime is looking into while leaving out the full story.

I am not a fan of Obama, but did the link not made mention that he was in contact with the President of Afghan? Why was this left out and instead presented like it was something done deliberately to spite Karzai. When in actual fact, it appears the decision was based on security risk. Smh.
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by ElRazur: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2010
Also his thread title is not exactly a fair representation of the issue or is it? There is noting to suggest he "sneaked" into the country as it appeared that Karzai was aware he is coming.

It may be a surprise visit to the soldiers on ground, but surely the men who direct the war and the men obama will be meeting will be aware that a VIP is coming from Washington and in turn things like securing airways et al would have done with the Afghan authority and Karzai would be in the loop here. No?
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by ikennahill: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2010
So if u visit any state,u must c d governor?.
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by Beaf: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2010
ikennahill:

So if u visit any state,u must c d governor?.

Yes o! How can you come to my house and go to my childrens room without seeing me, because the carpet in the sitting room was wet?
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by ElRazur: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2010
What a rubbish adage. Afghan is not your bedroom or your children.  I am sure to hell that planes do not fly over "wet carpet" either.

What a rubbish logic.
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by phiphis: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2010
WHICH means he has no considerations the country and its leadership.
Re: Why Would Obama Sneak Into A Country Without Visiting The Country's President by Frank3n2(m): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2010
visiting the so called troops dat dey use to defend their intrest in the country

(1) (Reply)

Romney Narrows VP Choices; Condi Emerges As Frontrunner / Why The South African Police Opened Fire On Minners (pictures) / Watch The US Final Presidential Debate Live Here Tonight (2 A.M Nigeria Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.