Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump (88504 Views)

US Wants Stricter UN Sanctions Against North Korea After Missile Launch / Russian Missile Strikes On Kharkiv Central Freedom Square, Residential District / Trump Vows More Powerful Sanctions Against Iran After Missile Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by philip0906(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
LordAdam16:

Iraq contradicted their reports. No one was killed, not American, not Iraqi, not any other nationality.

In fact, Iran gave warning to Iraq, Lithuania, and some other Allied nations prior to the attack. US intelligence got wind of these. The US also had advanced warning capabilities activated.

Iran did this flashy attack with propaganda to appease their far right base.

The "international politics at full display" is Trump killing Soleimani then bracing for retaliation both home and abroad; rather than following up with an overwhelming offensive. He sent a clear message to Tehran. And gave the Ayatollah the opportunity to save face. As long as no American was killed.

At this point, they were going to kill Americans anyway. They've been killing Americans in Afghanistan and Iraq for years.

There is no doubt that there'd still be minor operations by Iranian proxies, but it doesn't matter anymore. The kingpin is Soleimani, a man Bush and Obama were scared to take out, he is DEAD! And no American live was directly lost on that account.

That's a strategic win. A gamble that played out favorably for Trump. One rogue missile killing a few Americans, and Trump would have been forced to strike Iran directly.

Ignore the bluster. That's just the media and Democrats. No one wants war. Not Trump. Not the Ayatollah. They had the same hysteria during the Trump-Kim kerfuffle.

-Lord
You my man, is well versed in international politics.

Well posited.

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by falopey: 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
Ikem11:

Didn't you hear report where Iran claimed about 80 something us soldiers were killed in that strike? How then you think they informed Iraq they don't want casualties?

We can pretend to lie to our selves but it doesn't change what the truth is.

Iran misfired on purpose and wanted propaganda to escalate tension and sympathy which US handled with matured response.

You should try watch the media and see how they paint the whole saga then use your head

The report was made to their gullible citizens just to save face and after they had already signaled to American troops through Iraqi government that their base would be bombed that night. Then all American troops evacuated before the bomb.

However, Iran has to tell some lies to its people to pacify them of course
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by kareemkamil(m): 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
Congress should find a way out to support parliaments to impeach this idiot, because this fool didn't know the value of the sit. Trumph is a terrorist, he should be impeached.

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Slynation(m): 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
englishmart:
Trump seems to be scared. Bravo 5, abort WW3 plans now, I repeat, abort now, over. grin grin
Scared of what?? Iran was lucky there was no casualties...

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
soleexx:
US to win either half

First half is gone and US is leading with 52 corners to 35 for Iran. Bet9ja behave yourself for second half. Anyone with good correct score game.
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
dukeprince50:
Trump was just talking, if he had tried it with Nigeria, we would have sent our AK47 soldiers to America now.
We are not just giant of Africa for show. We go other countries to keep peace

USA will deny them visa.

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Mouthgag: 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
CutieKing:
Their strike is just to appease their citizens back home to show they did something worth of revenge.
They were not going to take any American troops lives.
Lol
What a Retardèd talk.
I thought USA said they can't dare to attack them?
This shows how weak they are.
Upon their mouth to have the most sophisticated defense weapons, they could still detect nor stop the attack...
What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Insectkiller: 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
LordAdam16:
Of course they had to stand down.

Iran shot down 2 expensive US drones. No response.
Iran blew and seized oil tankers. No response.
Iran took out a significant part of Saudi's oil installations, equivalent to 5% of global oil output. No response.
Iran attacks US military base killing one American contractor and injuring 4 US soldiers. No response.
Iran prods their militia to attack US embassy in Baghdad in an attempt to sack it.

Trump finally said, "Enough". He took out their top-ranking general in one precision strike.

That's a President. That's a deterrent. Not that useless oaf called Obama.

If Iran had killed another American yesternight with their launches. By now, it'd have been raining fire and brimstone in Tehran!

Iran can sabre-rattle all it wants; but if it tries any of the nonsense it had done in the past few months again, there'll be hell to pay.

Trump just told Iran, "my craze pass your own." Do anyhow you see anyhow. Two seconds.

-Lord

Guy.. grin grin
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Mouthgag: 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
LordAdam16:
Of course they had to stand down.

Iran shot down 2 expensive US drones. No response.
Iran blew and seized oil tankers. No response.
Iran took out a significant part of Saudi's oil installations, equivalent to 5% of global oil output. No response.
Iran attacks US military base killing one American contractor and injuring 4 US soldiers. No response.
Iran prods their militia to attack US embassy in Baghdad in an attempt to sack it.

Trump finally said, "Enough". He took out their top-ranking general in one precision strike.

That's a President. That's a deterrent. Not that useless oaf called Obama.

If Iran had killed another American yesternight with their launches. By now, it'd have been raining fire and brimstone in Tehran!

Iran can sabre-rattle all it wants; but if it tries any of the nonsense it had done in the past few months again, there'll be hell to pay.

Trump just told Iran, "my craze pass your own." Do anyhow you see anyhow. Two seconds.

-Lord
I thought you had functional brain when I started reading your post but you later goofed very badly.
Why have USA with all their mouth and rants not voiled all the attacks with their "most sophisticated defense system"?
Na only gragra USA sabi.
Iran has demonstrated that they got balls. They did what country like France, turkey, India, Pakistan etc won't even dare do.
Iran is never a pushover.
God bless iran.
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Chicastle: 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
[quote author=DaBullIT post=85621371]iran is still loosing though , cars and two people died in US strike

grin

as stupid as this may sound , The earthquake is not ordinary , neither is the plane crash , i am thinking EMP and HAARP / DAARPA weapons and for Trump to say or think Iran is backing down, maybe Trump is satisfied that Iran has seen '' FILM'' and they have GENTLED

anyways we don't pray for war , choose Love and peace , not war

God bless us all

[/quote

Because war can cause WOWOR

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by wonder233: 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2020
Who are you?
masterflowx:

I declare peace and tranquility in both region.

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by NaijaDonCast(m): 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2020
masterflowx:

I declare peace and tranquility in both region.

your signature is a true reflection of how one can stay free from ban on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by frog12: 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
trump was panicking and shaking at the speech !
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by frog12: 11:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
just like vietnam ?

sureheaven:
Only kids and those who know nothing about war would dare advise Iran to go into war with the almighty United States.

The US is no way same level with Iran.

But I agitate for peace all over the world.

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:20pm On Jan 08, 2020
dukeprince50:
Trump was just talking, if he had tried it with Nigeria, we would have sent our AK47 soldiers to America now.
then those AK47 Nigerian soldiers will be so glad to have escaped Sithole. At least they will enter American soil and beg Trump to become refugees.

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by masterflowx(m): 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
wonder233:
Who are you?
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Emmasnoop(m): 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
dukeprince50:

Okpo

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by UcheforGod(f): 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
So[qest911 post=85621254]

Source: BBC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51039520[/quote]No need for Iran and America to go to war again. The WW111 has already been fought in nairaland.
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Hokage001(m): 12:00am On Jan 09, 2020
dukeprince50:
Have sense you will say No
Common Fulani herdsmen the so called AFRICAN GIANT cannot deal with
You wan go smart for US
U should have stayed in 2019 o
This year we don't need Dumb skulls like you
Na wa
Illiterate nigerians

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by noCAP(m): 12:11am On Jan 09, 2020
So, no world war 3? cry
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by DaBullIT(m): 12:17am On Jan 09, 2020
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Jokerman(m): 12:25am On Jan 09, 2020
Mouthgag:

I thought you had functional brain when I started reading your post but you later goofed very badly.
Why have USA with all their mouth and rants voiled all the attacks with their "most sophisticated defense system"?
Na only gragra USA sabi.
Iran has demonstrated that they got balls. They did what country like France, turkey, India, Pakistan etc won't even dare do.
God bless iran.

I pity you

Your write up was how Gadarffi and Saddam and Osama and the ISIS clown felt , until they started hiding under tunnels

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by LordReed(m): 12:27am On Jan 09, 2020
LordAdam16:

How you interpret my comment is not my problem.

-Lord

LoL! SMH! You don't have facts so how else Am I supposed to interpret your comment? LMAO!
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Myself2(m): 12:39am On Jan 09, 2020
CutieKing:
Their strike is just to appease their citizens back home to show they did something worth of revenge.
They were not going to take any American troops lives.

They know the penalty they would have paid

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by drmikeadams(m): 12:42am On Jan 09, 2020
Mouthgag:

Why have USA with all their mouth and rants voiled all the attacks with their "most sophisticated defense system"?
Na only gragra USA sabi.
God bless iran.
grin grin grin Iranian missile wey no even kill ant or cockroch,,,,,iran no get balls jare

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by drakeli: 12:51am On Jan 09, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin Iranian missile wey no even kill ant or cockroch,,,,,iran no get balls jare

I just finished watching Mike Pence interview with CBS saying that the US received intelligence about the attack and decided to move the troops out of harm way before the attack struck.

Technically, Iran deliberately decided to let the US know before they attacked:
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by drmikeadams(m): 12:55am On Jan 09, 2020
drakeli:

I just finished watching Mike Pence interview with CBS saying that the US received intelligence about the attack and decided to move the troops out of harm way before the attack struck.

Technically, Iran deliberately decided to let the US know before they attacked.
grin ;Lol no wonder,,cos e baffle me as Iran throw missile,no irak casualty,no us causaulty,even pain me pass no rat or cockroach causality,,,yeye iran
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 09, 2020
Iran are just empty barrels making loud noise. They definitely want their revenge and will most likely attempt it in incognito mode. Too scared to make direct confrontations with the world greatest military power. Now that the nuisance is treated lets attend to more important issues. #KAG2020
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Laurene: 2:18am On Jan 09, 2020
englishmart:
Trump seems to be scared.
Bravo 5, abort WW3 plans now, I repeat, abort now, over.
grin grin
you have reading comprehension problem

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by dederocs(m): 3:16am On Jan 09, 2020
Trump is an objective man, taking out a general a real enemy of America is a winner for them, despite a few loses from the bombings by Iran.

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 09, 2020
RealMrNigerD:
Iran are just empty barrels making loud noise. They definitely want their revenge and will most likely attempt it in incognito mode. Too scared to make direct confrontations with the world greatest military power. Now that the nuisance is treated lets attend to more important issues. #KAG2020
Iran isn't scared they're trying to play according to the law... how com trump folded first

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Somaliland: regional council meeting fight chairman and dupity fighting (Video) / Lady In Wheelchair Holds "I Stand 4 Trump“ Placard, Gets This Response / Queen's Burial: Joe Biden Driven In Convoy, Other World Leaders Lumped In A Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.