Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1114698 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 8:45am On Feb 27
WpressBeginner:
I have a question please, I already have a bsc in computer science already completed and I have a bsc addmission in electronic engineering in humm germany for winter semester, please I want to ask if I won't have a problem at d embassy on studying a second bsc degree in germany....expect AD by November....please reply
pple do go for second bsc u are not the first person,u should just have a concrete reason for second bsc and that's all.u should a why a second bsc why not masters type of question.goodluck
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by WpressBeginner: 9:58am On Feb 27
I finish my bsc 2022
brown1234:

I will not affect your application. Just prepare to answer the question why going for another bsc and not masters. If I may ask when did you finish your first degree
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Zebulun1: 1:54pm On Feb 27
Good afternoon I'm going for a second bsc and I wrote another neco with science subjects and enrolled for a course here in 9ja similar to the course I want to apply for so that I could use the transcript to apply to German schools. Would I still use the old neco certificate or the new one or both of them would be asked for??
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 11:50pm On Feb 27
Zebulun1:
Good afternoon I'm going for a second bsc and I wrote another neco with science subjects and enrolled for a course here in 9ja similar to the course I want to apply for so that I could use the transcript to apply to German schools. Would I still use the old neco certificate or the new one or both of them would be asked for??

Give them all...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:49am On Feb 28
WpressBeginner:
I have a question please, I already have a bsc in computer science already completed and I have a bsc addmission in electronic engineering in humm germany for winter semester, please I want to ask if I won't have a problem at d embassy on studying a second bsc degree in germany....expect AD by November....please reply

Justify this convincingly in a letter of motivation to the embassy, whether it's required or not. The process of writing this will make the reasons sink in you and you can justify yourself clearly.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by WpressBeginner: 10:51am On Feb 28
Please guys how many pages is motivation letter for german embassy in nigeria
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 10:56am On Feb 28
WpressBeginner:
Please guys how many pages is motivation letter for german embassy in nigeria

Maximum 2 pgs.

1.5 is okay but for a BSc, their motivation suppose dey less, except for a second BSc.

A PhD may require about 2 pgs.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justwise(m): 11:09am On Feb 28
Hannania:
You people forget this is a public forum and posts like this will eventually be detrimental to everyone.

Cc: JustWise DisGuy , kindly enforce measures to stop posts like this. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bimpe20: 2:30pm On Feb 28
Hannania:
It differs from city to city. On average, we've seen 4 weeks from late last year. At this point, just sit right and wait. The most difficult part is over. Maximum is 3 months, but let's hope they stick to the few weeks it has been recently.

Remember your city is the point of questioning

Thank you so much for your response! My school is in Berlin, and my sponsor is in Cottbus, do you have an idea what city would be used to determine that? And the approximate no. of weeks they would use to determine if Berlin or Cottbus? (I mean the No. of weeks it would take for them to get back to me if either of these cities? 🙏🏾🙏🏾
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by PriscaNiki: 7:35am On Feb 29
Good morning fam
Pls has anyone booked appointment from togo how did you do it
What’s the best time to login and get dates cos I can’t get any😞 I keep refreshing yet nothing
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by PriscaNiki: 7:45am On Feb 29
GodfreyOsondu:

I have a Togo permit which will expire 28th of this month but I couldn't get an appointment date in their country.
pls how did you book appointment and trying to do so but is not working
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bennyama: 8:04am On Feb 29
Hello, I've gone through the whole steps and I'm a bit confused because I didn't see anywhere you said you dud Legalization and verification of your documents, isn't that a think? Because someone said verification and Legalization is a must at the German embassy. Please could you throw more light ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bennyama: 8:14am On Feb 29
tyboss:
Happy new year nairaland family, wishing you all the best this year has to offer and actualization of all our goals and dreams this year.

This forum has given a lot to me and I believe it is time for me to give back to the community. Unfortunately this forum isn's as active as it used to be, so some of the information here are outdated. I intended to write this article a long time ago but procrastination smiley.

I strongly believe everything we do in life is in stages, and no matter who you are or where you are, you will belong to a particular stage. Some people will be at a former stage and some at a latter stage, it is therefore my hope that someone can learn from my experience and avoid a lot of common pitfalls, as I also did and learnt from others before me on this platform.

[NB: this was my process for my[b] MASTER'S STUDIES [/b]NOT UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES]

I will walk through my journey from the start up till when I got my visa. Almost 2 years in the making, not for the faint hearted.

STAGE 1: This stage actually isn't compulsory but it can make your journey much easier. (NOVEMBER 2021) I had just finished my undergraduate studies, and instead of going directly for my youth service, I enrolled in a 6 month programme to learn german from a german learning institute in Lagos, as of this time the appointment/visa process took 6 months. It was quite tough learning the language, the language proficiency level ranges through (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) with C2, being the highest and A1 being the lowest. For most Universities in Germany particularly for (engineering courses) you will need a minimum of B1 to apply for admission. For more reserved courses like medicine you will probably need a higher language proficiency requirement B2 or C1. Moving on, after 6months I wrote B1 certification exam at the goethe institute (this is where you should always take the certification not anywhere else) similar to IELTS but german. Needless to say I didn't make it on the first try. I decided to retake and waited for another 5 months, this is because goethe only conducts it's certification exams a certain number of times in a year like 4 to 5 times (as of 2022).
During this 5 months I went for my NYSC and started personal study in preparation for the exams, while I was serving I retook the exams and passed all the papers.

KEY TAKEAWAYS:
1. Learn the language if you have the time, it saved the me a lot of stress down the line.

2. I advise you enroll in goethe if you want to learn the language, as there are a lot of benefit, as compared to other private establishments (cheaper fees, familiarization with the exam systems, ONLINE CLASSES, materials and so much more). Unfortunately I learnt this the hard way.

3.Do not take the exams if you are not adequately prepared but because you want to meet a certain exam date. you will waste money!!

4. Get your certification from goethe they are the most recognized in germany.

5. As of November 2022, B1 exams cost #48,000

6. MOST IMPORTANT. I regret not having applied for my appointment during this period. Always apply for your appointment as early as possible even if you are just starting.

STAGE 2: I applied for an appointment for a masters visa (category B) on the 7th of APRIL 2022. Make sure you find out which category you fall under either (CAT A, OR CAT B) and apply accordingly. As of this point I didn't know I would have to wait for 18 months for my interview, beacause during that period the waiting time was still 8-9months.

One has to be careful during this stage beacause you have to plan your admission carefully around possible expected visa date.

KEY TAKE AWAY:
[/b]1. Make sure you apply for the right category, with the correct details. I had an incidence of someone at the embassy sent back because of incorrect details.

2. No matter what, even if you are getting frustrated do not cancel your appointment except you have decided to change your plans.

3. Be patient and keep in mind it might take a long time.

4. German embassy visa application: [url]https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/service/visa

[/url]

[b]STAGE 3
: During this period of waiting for your appointment you have the following goals:

a. Gather all you necessary documents for both visa and admission purposes.

this will help for the visa requirements: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/nigeria/germany/student-visa/

b. Get an admission before your appointment date. VERY IMPORTANT. It doesnt matter if the shool would have resumed or not.

c. Get your blocked account or sponsorshipl letter(SL) ready. This will make your process faster

While I was waiting I gathered all my necessary documents for my admission:
waec, university certificate, unofficial-transcript, statement of purpose, reference letter, IELTS cert, German cert from goethe.

with this, I opened an account with uni-assist and sent copies of all my original certified documents to uni-assist (NB: Cerification can be done by any notary public, it doesnt have to be at a court).
With this I was the able to apply to any number of schools I wanted without having to send my documents multiple times (NB: not all schools use uni-assist so few may still require you send your documents).
The fees ranged between 75euro - 30euro per application. At this point I made crucial mistakes and lost some money, I unfortunately applied to 2 schools which resumed very early while I was still waiting for my appointment, so I had to forfeit my admission since I was not ready to pay semester fees for schools I knew I wouldn't be able to resume in time for, so plan wisely.

I aslo opened a blocked account with expatrio to block a sum of 11,208 euros, which is the amount required by law, the advantages of using expatrio is that it comes with both health insurance for admission purposes and travel insurance for visa purposes. I can't over emphasize how this saved me a lot of stress down the line. Getting the required amount was by no means an easy feat, fortunately for me this was before the floating of the naira so the exchange rate was lower then compared to now. And the easiest way to get this was "black market" if you want it done quickly. It might be frustrating to block such huge amount while waiting for a long time but it saves you in the long run agains the fluctuating exchange rate, If I had waited till late 2023 to block the account, I would have had to pay almost 2million naira extra, so be wise if you are using a blocked account.

so in summary during this stage of waiting, I gathered my document, applied for admission, and prepared my blocked account.
and you should have the following additional key documents if everything is done right:
1.A blocked account confirmation/ SL - (for the embassy)
2. Admission letter and if possible an erollment certificate - (for the embassy)
3. Travel insurance - (for the embassy after visa approval)
4. Health insursance - (for the school)

And lastly, make sure you are engaged doing something, fortunately form me afer serving, I was retained and kept on working while waiting for my visa, it was also during this time I took the IELTS to help boost my chances of getting an admission. While waiting, on august 2023 I applied to a school in cottbus via uni-assist for a fee of 30euros and got an offer on(after 3 months) october 2023. It was this offer that I used before the arrival of my interview on december 2023.

KEY TAKE AWAY:

1. Use uni-assist and DAAD to search for suitable schools and apply, it will save you money and time:
uni-assist: https://my.uni-assist.de/login
daad: [url]https://www.daad.de/en/
[/url]

2. Apply for admission strategically, since you may not know your exact possible interview date due to the fact that it is always changing (as of now 18+ months, when I started it was 8-9 months). Do not apply too far or too near, it doesn't matter if you can't resume on time, the most important thing is to have an admission on hand on or before your interview date, do not risk it.

3. If you are using a blocked account use expatrio, it is fast and will save you a lot of stress (they provide health and travel insurance which you will need for your admission and travelling respectively)

expatrio: https://www.expatrio.com/

4. Make sure you are engaged in something, 18+ months is a long time to wait doing nothing, you can take IELTS, learn German or continue working while you wait. So do something!!.

STAGE 4:
I received my appointment mail on the 3rd November 2023. After waiting for 18 months from the 7 April 2022 - 3 Nov 2023, I receive a mail. to come in 1 month time for my interview (1 dec 2023).

I will talk about my interview experiece and things you can do to avoid pitfalls, and also the follow up to the interview.

After cross-checking my documents and making sure I was prepared I headed to VI-LAGOS for the interview.

1. Make sure you print all your documents from home the boys at the embassy areas are animals and will try to rip you off,

2. Do not worry about arranging your documents, that will be done for you at the embassy, just make sure you have everything on the checklist.

3.You have to get a prepaid envelope before heading to the embassy for your documents to be returned in.

4.Make sure you carry at least 2 copies of every original documents like certificates. follow the visa checklist link I posted very stringently.

5.Be very time cautious they are very strict with time at the embassy make sure you get there before your interview time.

6. The visa fee is not the same for all visa categories. I paid 65,000 for study visa, that of travelling visa is different and so on.... so make sure you confirm,

7. Make sure you print out your email invitation very important.

8.Bring your money from home, you will be ripped off by the animals around the embassy.

9.I honestly believe if you do everything right the only business you should have at the business centre around the embassy should be to keep your bag incase you are carrying one, and to purchase a prepaid envelope. One of them tried to convince me that my passport picture is not the right size for the german embassy and I should come and take a new set of passport for 10,000 meanwhile it was perfectly fine, so be careful and wary of those boys.

10.Be wary of the man who collects/arranges document at the entrance and gives you your gatepass, listen to all he says and don't argue with him, let me just say he is a very unfriendly person, even the cranky securities are better than him, so just be careful.
(when he call you up to bring your ducuments do not take along the prepaid envelope you brought).

11.After he arranges your document, and everything is satisfactory he will usher you in (not into the building to my suprise) just beside the security post, my interview was conducted by a lady across me in an office opposite the security post, It took me almost 2 minutes to realize I had started my interview cheesy cheesy lol, I thought it was just another security checkpoint.

12 This was where the benefit of learning german paid the most for me, she was impressed I could speak and converse a little bit. She asked for my perosnal info name .e.t.c, the school I was going to, what course I was going to study, just some basic questions and lastly why germany and not any other country, in about 20-25min the interview was over.

13. I was given back my international passport, and If need be they will ask for me to send it to the embassy (I guess she meant if the visa is approved), she also explained that it is beacause of the long process they no longer hold peoples passport.

Fast forward, exactly 4 weeks later, I got an apporval mail and was told to bring my PASSPORT AND TRAVEL INSURANCE to the embassy.

I hope my little article helps someone who needs it, wishing everyone a wonderful year ahead, and by God's grace those who have been waiting for their inretview/visa will get it speedily. Do not give up, I almost did, but you guys here encouraged me to be patient. Goodluck all.

Good morning, thanks for thus update but I'm a bit confused about something. I didn't see anywhere you said you did Legalization and verification of your documents meanwhile, someone Said I would have to do verification and Legalization of my documents in the German Embassy. Please could you put me through the process?

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Iamlanky: 2:59pm On Feb 29
Hi guys
Hi hanni
Guys i believe my ad will come tomorrow or nxt Friday I applied july 13th 2022
my school requires german language certificate but can be provided before the end of the first semester so its possible to provide the certificate while i am over there. Question is will the embassy make it a compulsory requirement for me? Or I should just explain to them i can get the certificate when i am over there?
Please answer me guys
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jimhan: 3:11pm On Feb 29
Good afternoon everyone
Please how much is visa fee now?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sprishua: 9:45pm On Feb 29
Please you guys should not forget to update us on any appointment dates that drops. Its about time pals.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by wilsonobee: 10:36pm On Feb 29
Hello Everyone, I just got my Goethe B2 certificate, (mind you I applied for an Ausbildung Visa early April 2023) met someone who also applied for an Ausbildung visa but in April 2022 and till now she hasn’t gotten any AD from the embassy
I have a series of Questions if I may….
1. How long does it normally take.
2. Do you advise I go do residency in Cameroon (if so how much time does it take).
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GodfreyOsondu: 1:47am On Mar 01
PriscaNiki:
pls how did you book appointment and trying to do so but is not working

Try 12:00am German time. The dates do not come out everyday. Best of luck
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 6:31am On Mar 01
Jimhan:
Good afternoon everyone
Please how much is visa fee now?
For those that did last week, it was 67,500. Remember to go with the right notes. Not 200 Naira notes

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 6:34am On Mar 01
Iamlanky:
Hi guys
Hi hanni
my school requires german language certificate but can be provided before the end of the first semester so its possible to provide the certificate while i am over there. Question is will the embassy make it a compulsory requirement for me? Or I should just explain to them i can get the certificate when i am over there?
Please answer me guys
Is your program in English? If it is, just tell the VO it's entirely in English. They have no idea about the condition of requirements like that, so don't pop it up until it's brought up.

If a question lead to that, inform the VO your school has an enrollment (They always do) for language classes.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 6:37am On Mar 01
Bennyama:
Hello, I've gone through the whole steps and I'm a bit confused because I didn't see anywhere you said you dud Legalization and verification of your documents, isn't that a think? Because someone said verification and Legalization is a must at the German embassy. Please could you throw more light ?
It's not a must. Legalization is only necessary for few schools, and they term it certification of documents. All you have to do is to meet a public notary which is basically a lawyer who has that authority. The requirements is majorly for applications and Uni-assist
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 6:40am On Mar 01
Bimpe20:

Thank you so much for your response! My school is in Berlin, and my sponsor is in Cottbus, do you have an idea what city would be used to determine that? And the approximate no. of weeks they would use to determine if Berlin or Cottbus? (I mean the No. of weeks it would take for them to get back to me if either of these cities? 🙏🏾🙏🏾
The city where you're going, in this case Berlin will be the office to check your documents. As a said, it's a case by case basis, so just chill. The most important thing is AD

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Eke40seven(m): 12:42pm On Mar 01
Hi guys,
I have not been active since after Part 1-4 of this thread and I am glad to bring this news like in the old days when this thread was one of the most active japa threads on Nairaland.
The News:
Given, all the delays and problems related to getting appointments for a study visa, or the humongous amount required for the blocked accoubt or the sponsorship wahala, there is possibly a better/faster/cheaper option but this is only for a limited time.
An institute which I have collaborated with before and still in contact with are offering opportunities for work/training in very limited fields of, Medicine (Nursing, medical assistants, etc), Truck and bus drivers/ logistics/IT/ and even a switch or change towards Nursing or nursing assistant.

However, this is a collaboration with the institute, some ministries in Germany and some governments in Africa.

What will the institute do?
The institute will provide the language training (B1-B2) depending on the level of proficiency required for each job while you are in Nigeria.
-They will also translate, do the process of equivalency of your degree to the German (Anerkennung) and notarisation.
- They will also prepare you for the interview and then job placements or training placements.
- Then work with the ministry in those key skill sectors/job shortage categories they process.
And other support.

Usually, for nationals/resisents of Kenya, Namibia, Tanzania, they provide a heavily subsidised amount but unfortunately, Nigeria, for bilateral and bureaucratic reasons are not part of this.

All these service which includes language training to B2 and more are all inclusive in the fee. Fortunately, those who can register between now and Saturday/Sunday would be offered a subsidised offer for Nigeria, only if you register now.
The idea is that those who start the process now in March should be in Germany by September/October.

The total fee is not that significantly higher than what people pay to get a sponsorship (if you go with this batch).

This is my way of contributing to the German thread I was a big part of and also met most of my friends today in Germany from.

And in my opinion, this is way better and faster route towards integrating and getting success in Germany. University education doesn't even guarantee jobs. Many who went through the school process are either doing a second masters or risk exhausting their post study work visa. Money from student jobs is sometimes not enough to do something significant back in Nigeria and you risk running around this cycle. You can get it, do your job, earn money, settle and later or even if you want, side-by-side, you could just also attend your dream university without the limitations of being on student visa.

Note: For this offer, there is only space for 15 PEOPLE ONLY!

I will be busy in the interim, you could ask your questions or send me a DM as well, I will answer in the evening.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 1:58pm On Mar 01
Iamlanky:
Hi guys
Hi hanni
Please answer me guys

Hey...Did you get a date?

Guys please let us know the Updates on date now🙏
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 2:15pm On Mar 01
Iamlanky:
Hi guys
Hi hanni
Please answer me guys
Check yours, I've seen 7, 10 and even 12. Yours should be among too
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 2:25pm On Mar 01
Hannania:

Many thanks for the update 🤗
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 2:26pm On Mar 01
Hannania:
I booked 14th July 2022 but haven't seen mine yet.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 2:33pm On Mar 01
Jessydan54:

I booked 14th July 2022 but haven't seen mine yet.
That means they probably stoped at 13
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 2:36pm On Mar 01
Iamlanky:
Hannania God bless you and everyone who contributes to this platform
Please i need some info
My sponsor is telling me if i don’t get an appointment this week or next he will return the money for blocked account so it won’t be accumulating interest for nothing
I booked july 13th 2022
Please any one with info on the month they are currently and wat are my chances of getting Ad this week or next?
You shouif have gotten a datem check your email
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Iamlanky: 2:54pm On Mar 01
Hannania:
You shouif have gotten a datem check tiur email
i have checked but i didn’t see mine… i booked 13th
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aj79: 2:57pm On Mar 01
This means they stopped @12July!
It is well!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.