Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me (4671 Views)

My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words / Body Of 2-year-old Boy Trapped In Well For 12 Days Is Found In Spain(Pics) / 2-year-old Boy Shreds N381,600 His Parents Saved For Utah Football tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by We4all: 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
I'm someone who gets along great with kids, (especially those in my former neighborhood). There is this particular family whose kids always come around, and they have a 2 year old who happens to be one of my favourites.

When she is around with her older siblings, I play with her and she lets me hold her. In fact, we get along great! Last week, they were at my place, and her older sibling volunteered to run an errand for me. The 2 year old wanted to go with her, but I objected.

That was my undoing! As soon as the sister stepped out, the kid became furious with me, and wouldn't let me touch her. When I tried, she kept screaming that I should leave her alone. I held her hands and tried talking to her, but she wriggled out of my grip. I must confess that I was amazed at her strength, which was like a 10 year old.

Hours passed, and I thought her anger had died. I made an attempt to touch her, but she kept screaming: "Leave me alone". They eventually left and I forgot about it.

A week passed and they came by yesterday, but to my greatest shock, she was still mad at me. All my efforts to bond with her was met with a stiff resistance, and she kept saying: " Leave me alone". I asked the sister what she thinks of her behavior, and she said the kid gets angry easily at home and her anger can last for days.

That revelation didn't go down well with me, and I have been pondering what on earth would make a kid act that way? Gone are those days when kids are usually sweet and innocent. No matter how much you discipline them, they still warm up to you.

I guess a lot is going on and the change has also affected our kids. If a little kid is overly sensitive in her ways, then what should be expected of an adult?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by OTayobami(m): 11:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
Did you try the "oya you go and buy biscuits for yourself jare" scope and see whether she would run to meet you?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by We4all: 11:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
OTayobami:
Did you try the "oya you go and buy biscuits for yourself jare" scope and see whether she would run to meet you?

I tried all the tricks, but she wouldn't even look at me.

4 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by OTayobami(m): 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
We4all:

Lol the child na Granny o

29 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
Caution am ooo

Na so slay mama dey start sad

7 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Basit46: 11:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
she will get along

the will kid will have to learn how she will control her anger in future because its already in her gene...

its not her fault,she probably inherited it from her dad or mom which also not the parent's fault coz they also inherited it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 09, 2020
Basit46:
she will get along

the will kid will have to learn how she will control her anger in future because its already in her gene...

its not her fault,she probably inherited it from her dad or mom which also not the parent's fault coz they also inherited it.
If she inherited it from her parents, then it's their faults because some traits can be altered. As adults, if they had done something about their anger issues, then it would probably not have affect the child. The worry here is a child shouldn't exhibit such character at such age. Even if she actually inherited it, it would take a while to manifest. She's just two years old for Pete's sake, kids don't take things to heart. If you're a Christian, you'll agree with the following verse.

Matthew 18:3 ►
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change
and become like little children, you will never
enter the kingdom of heaven.

There's a reason Christ had to make Children a model for believers who seek God's kingdom, and that's their hearts. They are free from grudges, anger, strife, etc. Even when they get offended, it only takes an immediate distraction to put off that emotion. This one own don reach two weeks. A child shouldn't behave this way, something is wrong somewhere.

But wait o! Why would you send her sister on an errand and want her to stay behind in the first place? That should raise eye brows.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 09, 2020
OP, try this trick: try sending her sister on an errand again, and if she tries to follow her, object again momentarily. Then after a while, grant her request. Maybe that'd reduce the anger toward you, then subsequently try the previous tricks you used in winning her back.

12 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 09, 2020
Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Ganjafama(m): 2:58am On Jan 09, 2020
If she's like this as a kid I wonder what she'll do as an adult. She can even slit her husband's throat while sleeping for looking at another woman.The jealousy is too intense.

1 Like

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by zed7: 6:30am On Jan 09, 2020
She's just a kid. My first child used to be really stubborn as a toddler. I was scared that I'll have a lot of work to do in the future.
He's growing up to be the sweetest and best behaved young man I know.

His younger brother is also following the same pattern and I'm not worried. Stop analysing and freaking over someone else's kid. She'll probably grow out of it. She's just 2 for goodness sake. She hardly knows left from right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by crackhaus: 7:03am On Jan 09, 2020
We4all:

You have not tried everything, a child is still a child.

There must be something you can bribe her with which she can never refuse. cheesy
Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by keeki: 9:09am On Jan 09, 2020
Laughing... No comment
Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by dljbd1(m): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2020
Ganjafama:
If she's like this as a kid I wonder what she'll do as an adult. She can even slit her husband's throat while sleeping for looking at another woman.The jealousy is too intense.
Bros grin
Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Richy4(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2020
I like that kid already... Just 2 and she knows what she doesn't want. Try downloading games on your phone. Then show her... Kids of this days are technologically crazy from the womb

5 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by NoToPile: 10:58am On Jan 09, 2020
Loool and loool, you are making a big issue out of this jare.

3 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Coldplay007(f): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
you acted suspiciously.
parents have hammered it into little girls' heads that they should not allow men to touch them intimately.
You sent her elder one out then tried to touch her, which probably set off all the alarms in her head.

for your own good, don't ever try that kind of shit again.
If it was in the US, you could be in prison now. It's her words against yours.
SHe could say you were trying to touch her bumbum or something like that. Don't touch/carry kids when there are no adults around. it's too dangerous these days.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by cococandy(f): 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
@bold, na so grin

Is it really that easy ?

BTW he/she did not state that he/she was alone with the child.
Coldplay007:
you acted suspiciously.
parents have hammered it into little girls' heads that they should not allow men to touch them intimately.
You sent her elder one out then tried to touch her, which probably set off all the alarms in her head.

If it was in the US, you could be in prison now . It's her words against yours.
SHe could say you were trying to touch her bumbum or something like that. Don't touch/carry kids when there are no adults around. it's too dangerous these days.

10 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by IceColdVeins(m): 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
There is no proven scientific theory that says change in human behaviour can be passed on to the offsprings genetically.
Even behavioural genetics would not uphold such hypothesis.
GeniusWannabe:

If she inherited it from her parents, then it's their faults because some traits can be altered. As adults, if they had done something about their anger issues, then it would probably not have affect the child. The worry here is a child shouldn't exhibit such character at such age. Even if she actually inherited it, it would take a while to manifest. She's just two years old for Pete's sake, kids don't take things to heart. If you're a Christian, you'll agree with the following verse.

Matthew 18:3 ►
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change
and become like little children, you will never
enter the kingdom of heaven.

There's a reason Christ had to make Children a model for believers who seek God's kingdom, and that's their hearts. They are free from grudges, anger, strife, etc. Even when they get offended, it only takes an immediate distraction to put off that emotion. This one own don reach two weeks. A child shouldn't behave this way, something is wrong somewhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Pavore9: 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
OP, there is certainty something about you the kid do not feel comfortable about.

3 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
IceColdVeins:
There is no proven scientific theory that says change in human behaviour can be passed on to the offsprings genetically.
Even behavioural genetics would not uphold such hypothesis.
Yes, I wasn't sure as well. That's why I started the first sentence of that paragraph with "If" .

2 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by sisisioge: 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin

I hope she out grows that kind of behaviour sha. That lil madam will become a coconut adult if she continues o

1 Like

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by movingclouds(m): 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
OTayobami:

Lol the child na Granny o
I was gonna say the same... That 2year old girl is 2 centuries older than you

3 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by Youngsage: 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
I don't know why I find this hilarious!

1 Like

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by sholay2011(m): 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Coldplay007:
you acted suspiciously.

If it was in the US, you could be in prison now. It's her words against yours.
You just said my mind.

4 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by kodix(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
Her instinct has told her you re not a good person, you they re like angels,pls leave people little girls and daughters alone to avoid minority rape. Tell them to stop coming bf entering into temptation you don't even bargain for,!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by nkwuocha1: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Well I can relate to this with my kids, especially my daughter.

"You are not my friend again!" my daughter usually scream to me.
"I hate you!"
"I will not talk to you again!"
Now those words would send me screaming back at her as well!

"I don't care!"
"Don't come to my room ever again"!
"You are not even fine like a princess again!"
"Don't talk to me again,your mother is finer than you!"
"I love you too!"
Now I will move past her without acknowledging her presence.Will buy goodies for the house,and she'd look at me to see my reaction if she tries to cunningly take some, ofcourse behind my back.

She is a smart one though.After few hours of ignoring her,she starts crying or sobbing quietly.If I still ignore her,she hangs around me, watching me closely.If I continue to bullshit her,she runs in tears to her mum and hugs her wailing uncontrollable grin grin

THE TRUCE
Now,that's the best time to ask her what the problem is? She'd look at me in those lovely eyes and not say a word."Come to daddy",then seconds she is curled round my neck and won't let me read on NL,cos she would talk and jump and rant ,and tell me all the atrocities done to her by her other siblings till she sleeps. cheesy.

Now OP,since she behaves like an adult,IGNORE her like an adult.play with others and don't try to touch her.Buy gifts but don't acknowledge she is around.Just give some to have it shared.

Do this every other time, and she will revolt,if she does still ignore.One day it will move her tears,now that's the break point you need to call a truce. grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by viettastitches(f): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
leave people's kids alone o. the wahala isn't usually worth it believe me.

4 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by bukatyne(f): 12:56am On Jan 10, 2020
We4all:
I'm someone who gets along great with kids, (especially those in my former neighborhood). There is this particular family whose kids always come around, and they have a 2 year old who happens to be one of my favourites.

When she is around with her older siblings, I play with her and she lets me hold her. In fact, we get along great! Last week, they were at my place, and her older sibling volunteered to run an errand for me. The 2 year old wanted to go with her, but I objected.

That was my undoing! As soon as the sister stepped out, the kid became furious with me, and wouldn't let me touch her. When I tried, she kept screaming that I should leave her alone. I held her hands and tried talking to her, but she wriggled out of my grip. I must confess that I was amazed at her strength, which was like a 10 year old.

Hours passed, and I thought her anger had died. I made an attempt to touch her, but she kept screaming: "Leave me alone". They eventually left and I forgot about it.

A week passed and they came by yesterday, but to my greatest shock, she was still mad at me. All my efforts to bond with her was met with a stiff resistance, and she kept saying: " Leave me alone". I asked the sister what she thinks of her behavior, and she said the kid gets angry easily at home and her anger can last for days.

That revelation didn't go down well with me, and I have been pondering what on earth would make a kid act that way? Gone are those days when kids are usually sweet and innocent. No matter how much you discipline them, they still warm up to you.

I guess a lot is going on and the change has also affected our kids. If a little kid is overly sensitive in her ways, then what should be expected of an adult?

Since the change is sudden, are you sure nobody is abusing her?

1 Like

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by candyguyofficia(m): 2:06am On Jan 10, 2020
sholay2011:

You just said my mind.
No doubt, she said our mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by MurderX: 2:24am On Jan 10, 2020
Paedophile bastard!!!
You'll soon be fixed.

5 Likes

Re: A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me by ovalrose(f): 6:42am On Jan 10, 2020
Looool@coconut adult. This mata jus dey mek me laff..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I May Marry Another Wife- Abass Akande Obesere / Why Do Some Ladies Fake Virginity? / I Need A Massage...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.