Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF (66168 Views)

Super Eagles: Why I Turned Down Advice From NFF Officials – Rohr / Rohr Makes Fresh Demands From NFF / Fresh! $40,000 Disappears From NFF Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 10, 2020
DesChyko:
Damn sad

And someone would expect Tammy Abraham to think twice

In fairness to Nigeria, foreign born Nigerian players should consider playing for Nigeria if they want to play international football.

While England is one of the countries that has a good record in selecting black players , the fact is, if people like Fashanu, Agbonlahor, and Salako had chosen to play for Nigeria, they might have gotten more international caps.

Abbey George and Reuben Agboola chose to play for Nigeria...and the former even got to play international football.

Then there is Zaha...who waited paitently for England senior call up...until he could wait no longer, chose Ivory Coast, and now has several international caps.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by nairalee(m): 7:57am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:
nobody owes you anything in life.

Nobody owes you a 'hi' call

People have their own problems in life

Nobody owes you a check-up or show of concern

If you get it, fine, if not, fine

Stop expecting anything from human beings

I learnt this thing fifteen years ago and it has stuck with me.

Siaisia and all the other ex-footballers looking for pity, should know this by now. This is the world, this is human beings.

People don't owe you a thing. He wasn't doing charity work, and even charity workers get shunned

Then tell me why in other countries people feel they owe you a sense of solidarity. Stop talking asif there's no more humanity. Empathy and sympathy is part of humanity. In most countries when a fellow country man (especially one that has served the county one way or another) is having issues, people rally round.

So YES people owe a hero solidarity

7 Likes

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Busayy23: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2020
This is so disheartening

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by TruthinAction: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2020
NFF doesn't want to spend. They are not through diverting monies meant for players. It also depends on the relationship he had with his team mate. RIP.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by akanbiaa(m): 8:02am On Jan 10, 2020
ghettokid1:
Nigerians is the most ungrateful bunch of people i have ever seen,
Or is it because he is an igbo?
Asisat Oshola won women player of the year the 2 male voters from Nigeria refused to vote for her should we say because she is a Nigerian or Yoruba or just due to envy? But she still got votes from other countries and now how do you expect her to treat these 2 Nigerian representatives do you think she will ever help them or grace their occasions even when invited?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by safarigirl(f): 8:04am On Jan 10, 2020
nairalee:

Then tell me why in other countries people feel they owe you a sense of solidarity. Stop talking asif there's no more humanity. Empathy and sympathy is part of humanity. In most countries when a fellow country man (especially one that has served the county one way or another) is having issues, people rally round.

So YES people owe a hero solidarity

How are either of Isaac Promise or Siasia heroes? If men of the Nigerian Army die, sure, they get the burial, but what else?

Are you living in other countries?

Siasia's issue is of his own making, nobody sent him to involve himself with a corrupt fellow and nobody rallies around anyone that has been accused of corruption, so don't come here and paint false realities. When Platini had a corruption charge, how many French people rallied around him?

You lot should get real.

Nobody owes anybody anything. There is empathy, and that is why some people bother to show up, but don't expect it from everybody.

You should be asking why none of Isaac's former team mates came for his burial. Nobody he played with thought it right to honor him, why? What kind of person was he alive, that nobody could come when he died? Perhaps he also failed in his duty to rally round for his mates when they needed help?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by excel101(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2020
The question is were they carried along or duly informed. My reasons are, because most times some family might want a low key burial, or they are probably be like, non of his former team mates or NFF showed concern, when he died.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by nobsalis: 8:07am On Jan 10, 2020
ghettokid1:

Did u attend the burial?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by foreshore(m): 8:07am On Jan 10, 2020
jjmekwa:
The funeral of Isaac Promise, the former Nigeria youth captain, took place in the south-eastern town of Umudim, Ohekelem, Imo State.

Promise, 31, died of a suspected heart attack in early October in the United States, according to American second-tier side Austin Bold.

Clad in black, the family gathered three months after his death to attend the burial ceremony.

Despite representing his country at all youth level, he was buried in a low-key ceremony with a no-show from top Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) officials.

"We sent out the programme in December, but there was no representative from the football community," a family member told us this, 

"Imagine a former captain of Nigeria and there was no NFF representatives among the audience, and not even a former teammate.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2020/01/09/isaac-promise-buried-with-no-representative-from-nff/

Put your trust and hope on God and not Nigeria
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by AngelicBeing: 8:09am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:

Siaisia and all the other ex-footballers looking for pity, should know this by now. This is the world, this is human beings.

People don't owe you a thing. He wasn't doing charity work, and even charity workers get shunned
Gbam
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by nairalee(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:

How are either of Isaac Promise or Siasia heroes? If men of the Nigerian Army die, sure, they get the burial, but what else?

Siasia's issue is of his own making, nobody sent him to involve himself with a corrupt fellow and nobody rallies around anyone that has been accused of corruption, so don't come here and paint false realities. When Platini had a corruption charge, how many French people rallied around him?

You lot should get real.

Nobody owes anybody anything. There is empathy, and that is why some people bother to show up, but don't expect it from everybody.

You should be asking why none of Isaac's former team mates came for his burial. Nobody he played with thought it right to honor him, why? What kind of person was he alive, that nobody could come when he died? Perhaps he also failed in his duty to rally round for his mates when they needed help?

I'm not questioning his teammates but NFF. The NFF as a body owes him to send at least a representative. I'm surprised you're even arguing this. What's the purpose of being a union if not for solidarity, oneness and sense of belonging?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by ppogba: 8:11am On Jan 10, 2020
akanbiaa:
Asisat Oshola won women player of the year the 2 male voters from Nigeria refused to vote for her should we say because she is a Nigerian or Yoruba or just due to envy? But she still got votes from other countries and now how do you expect her to treat these 2 Nigerian representatives do you think she will ever help them or grace their occasions even when invited?

The case of Asisat is even more pathetic.

I will be waiting to see what CHISOM MBONU-EZEOKE will say on Naija Made on Saturday.

When will we start to appreciate our own whether alive or dead?
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Commentor: 8:12am On Jan 10, 2020
akanbiaa:
What about his tribal team mates from the same 5% that refused to show up for their brothers burial?

Why you dey reveal this part na?
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by martowskin1(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:

You lot should get real.

When I read comments like this, I just smile. Tammy Abraham made a solid choice choosing England of Nigeria.

At least his future is secured even by playing 2 matches.

And more youth will keep dumping this nation until we know how to support our own

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Deoboss(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2020
ghettokid1:

No, it’s not because of his Igbo tribe, i remember they abandoned Rasheed Yekini too when he had serious issues & health too before he died & did not partake or represent in his burial, was it also because of his tribe?

Once you are no longer a reigning star, Nigerian govt abandons you even if you brought glory back in the days. So many examples too numerous to mention bro. May Isaac Promise soul rest in perfect peace ��
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by martowskin1(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:

U are wrong. This is Nigeria... U grew up in it, lived in it and u accepted it as a way of life....
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2020
ghettokid1:

Forget the Igbo, Nigerians, if you are not doing well, forget it .. lol, reality..
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Shegzy8(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2020
OkoroPeugeot:
He's from the wrong part of the country. They don't care about the 5%
I really do not know why you people attach tribalism to every wrong been done. So all those in NFF constitute northerners and westerners alone? So all his ex team members are all from the north and west? Even the Governor/chairman of where he is from cannot send a representative, does that make him hate is people. Reason sometimes and do not rush to claim victims when it is just the rot that exists in our system.

3 Likes

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by voltront: 8:16am On Jan 10, 2020
ghettokid1:
When are we going to go beyond this tribal sentiment. Rasheed Yekini was treated just as bad. Are we going to ask is it because he is yoruba. Let's all grow up in this country. Simple truth is we as bad as Nigerians not as Igbo or Yoruba or Hausa

3 Likes

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by NaijadrivaCars: 8:17am On Jan 10, 2020
NFF guys are busy covering their asses of the massive corruption therein, as recently expose by the Ordinary President, Ahmed Musa of Human Rights Radio, Abuja.

Yeye people!
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Kay25(m): 8:17am On Jan 10, 2020
What a shame on picnic and the whole of nff..Nigeria failure federation that's it u can't do anything good for this country Jarre abegi do your own and go to the world beyond such a country that has no regard for its own
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by DavSagacity(m): 8:18am On Jan 10, 2020
ghettokid1:
u are right. We are ungrateful , unthankful and we also do not love ourselves.
Take a look at the caf award. No Nigerian contingent eligible to vote voted for Asisat Oshoola. Not even Captain Ahmed Musa. No wonder Wilfred Ndidi could not make the Caf best 11 simply because no Nigerian voted for him. Then it's very easy to understand why Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukueze lost the African best young player to Acraf Hakimi a loanee. It's very bad that not even any of his team mate back in the days could be at the Occassion.
RIP ISAAC . U serve ur father land and a people that do not value their own.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 10, 2020
ORIJIN201:
Imagine! No single NFF member, no single former fellow players. This is disgusting!

Talk about the nff officials and let ex-team mate out of it..
This is mid-season and all the clubs are busy and may not give that permission to travel.
Rest on Isaac Success

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Wickedtruths: 8:19am On Jan 10, 2020
OkoroPeugeot:
He's from the wrong part of the country. They don't care about the 5%

And the Imo state government and the Imo state ministry of sports also doesn't care about the 5%?

You lack sense

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Izigha(m): 8:20am On Jan 10, 2020
Sad. I dnt think it's a matter of tribe. Career as a footballer is cutthroat. His former teammates are probably scattered all over the world trying to find their foot. He was playing in a country that is not very know for football, if he was Man Utd or Chelsea player the burial will not be that low key regardless of the tribe

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Wickedtruths: 8:21am On Jan 10, 2020
HunWI:
Super cloned Nigeria hate Igbos. I'm not suprised. Assuming he is Muslim or a Northern they will declare Public holiday, broadcast it etc

Even the Imo state Government that ignored him and the State Ministry of sports that sidestepped the burial also hates Igbos. If it is to give prostitutes of BBNaija cars, Imo state would do it.

Keep blaming others for your own stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Mccullum: 8:22am On Jan 10, 2020
This is very bad and lack of good administrators in NFF
May God forgive his sins and have mercy for him on the day of judgement.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by ppogba: 8:22am On Jan 10, 2020
DavSagacity:

u are right. We are ungrateful , unthankful and we also do not love ourselves.
Take a look at the caf award. No Nigerian contingent eligible to vote voted for Asisat Oshoola. Not even Captain Ahmed Musa. No wonder Wilfred Ndidi could not make the Caf best 11 simply because no Nigerian voted for him. Then it's very easy to understand why Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukueze lost the African best young player to Acraf Hakimi a loanee. It's very bad that not even any of his team mate back in the days could be at the Occassion.
RIP ISAAC . U serve ur father land and a people that do not value their own.

And CHISOM, a woman that will be making mouth like typewriter on NAIJA MADE voted her fifth.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by brainworkng: 8:23am On Jan 10, 2020
And some people will say Pinnic is working or he is there stealing NFF money
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by CHIBUISI1(m): 8:23am On Jan 10, 2020
And they want Tammy Abraham to play for them........NFF how do u want the thunder?
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by kpajie1: 8:24am On Jan 10, 2020
may his soul rest in peace amen.let d living bury d dead.even if they come wil he wake up.or to make some donor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See How Fabregas And Messi Greeted Each Other After Chelsea Vs Barcelona Game / ..a. / Cameroon Accuse FIFA Of Racism Over VAR - Players Cry At Half-time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.