Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,821 members, 7,841,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Canadian PM: Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canadian PM: Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner (294 Views)

Canadian PM Trudeau High On Cocaine, Plane Loaded With Drugs - Vohra / Iran Announces First Arrests In Downing Of Ukrainian Airliner / Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian PM: Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner by itchie: 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday that Canadian officials have intelligence from their own sources and Canada's allies that shows a Ukrainian airliner was shot down by an Iranian surface to air missile. "This may have been unintentional," Trudeau said at a press conference in Ottowa.

"The intelligence and evidence suggests that it's a surface to air strike," Trudeau added, though he would not provide additional details.

A US official familiar with the intelligence said the plane was shot down by two Russian made SA-15 surface to air missiles. The US saw Iranian radar signals lock onto the jetliner, before it was shot down.

European security officials also told CNN they believe reports suggesting that the plane was shot down by an Iranian surface to air missile in error are credible.

The Ukrainian International Airlines (UIA) flight PS752 came down just minutes after takeoff from Tehran on Wednesday local time, killing all 176 people on board, including dozens of Iranians and Canadians. The Boeing 737-800 was headed for Kiev, where 138 passengers were expected to take a connecting flight to Canada. Ukrainians, Swedes, Afghans, Germans and British nationals were also aboard.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/09/politics/is-iran-ukraine-plane/index.html
Re: Canadian PM: Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner by Righteousness89(m): 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
I said this yesterday, and many felt I just talked..

Something tells me it wasn't even a Mistake...

I Believe that the shooters thought the plane carried US Citizens who were leaving Iran..
Re: Canadian PM: Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner by Paige001(f): 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
hmmm these Iranians are not just organized, just look at how they wasted innocent lives

3 Likes

Re: Canadian PM: Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner by OBAGADAFFI: 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
Re: Canadian PM: Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner by onyotakom: 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
Iran, Some body kannot fly I'm peace again abi
Re: Canadian PM: Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner by ichidodo: 12:15am On Jan 10, 2020
This is why Iran can never have a nuclear weapon and they mustn't be allowed to have if we desire our civilization to last this decade...

(1) (Reply)

Iranians Angry At Authorities For Hiding Truth On Plane Crash / Noam Chomsky: US Is A Rogue State And Suleimani’s Assassination Confirms It / The World's Most-visited Cities In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.