Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents (8740 Views)

Lassa Fever Outbreak: Enugu Govt Confirms Death Of One Person / Nigeria’s Lassa Fever Outbreak Slowing, But Remains A Concern – WHO / UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by 9jaBlogger: 8:42am On Jan 10, 2020
The Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu led Abia state government has confirmed the outbreak of lassa fever in some parts of the state, Igbere TV reports.

A statement sent to Igbere TV signed by Chief Egbulefu Eze Sony, on behalf of the Commissioner for Health, confirmed the development.

According to the statement, the index patient has been identified and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) drugs administered to direct contacts of the index patient.

“A Rapid Response Team is already on ground to ensure a 24 hours emergency operation for the next 21 days”, the statement added.

“To this end, Abians are advised to get rid of rodents within their environment, wash their hands regularly, keep their environment clean, avoid soaking and drinking of raw garri, warm their food before eating and report to the hospitals and Primary Health Care Centres in case of any emergency.”

The Commissioner, however, said the outbreak of the epidermic disease has so far been contained, adding that there was no cause for alarm.

He, therefore, thanked the Governor of the state, Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu for his “timely support and intervention in ensuring that everything is under control.”

http://igberetvnews.com/1235635/abia-state-govt-advises-residents-lassa-fever-outbreak/

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by MXrap: 8:53am On Jan 10, 2020
Chef2000 aka okpalanambra, come and carry your shithole state cheesy
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Simplebeauty: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2020
cool
May God bless us with Good health this year

4 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Balenciagaokey: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2020
grin
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by LtChisom: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2020
this is why we make our own garri And preserve it the way we like cos with the level of hunger people are becoming diabolical and dubious with impunity.

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Promismike(m): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2020
Could it be true shocked
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by FactBoyz: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2020
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Roon9(m): 11:13am On Jan 10, 2020
Lol
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Juchii(m): 11:13am On Jan 10, 2020
Abia state again
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by shawnfamous(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2020
Mehn Lassa Fever..

I remember last year when I was sick in ekpoma and I had this rat disturbance in my room and kitchen. I felt sick the following week.. I began to remember all the teachings I got from Mr. Osato, in the department of Mcb, AAU. I went on to Google about my symptoms and what I saw matched Lassa Fever.. Mehn u had to see me.. I never believed I would b alive today

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Jedrick: 11:22am On Jan 10, 2020
Na wah

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by minasota(f): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2020
what else do you expect from a dirty state

3 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by scalamy: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2020
The last time i went to Aba was last year december.. The environment was not friendly at all!!! Infact i pity every resident of that state.. This kind of disease is bound to happen as every where is very dirty and horrible. The question i kept asking till date is; what has the government done so far I came to the conclusion that, Buhari and the northerners are not our problem.. “He who goes to equity must come with a clean hands”. The state Government has failed.. masses have been subjected to the level that you accept shit with all pleasure.. Same government will come tomorrow and have the silly guts to speak publicly for another tenure. I spit on them.. i spit on the state government.. i spit on the local govt.. i spit on politicians!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by MrSix: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2020
Ha angry

Should you need redeployment, I can help with that.
100% guarantee.

Anyway, need a US used laptop?
Check my signature and chat me up if you're in Lagos or Abuja.
Note: it's pay on delivery.
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Narldon: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by EngrBello(m): 11:33am On Jan 10, 2020
Worst state in history of mankind

2 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by emmyt2: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2020
Abia state my Abia state
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Joseper(m): 11:57am On Jan 10, 2020
Thank God for early discovery of such case kudos to the governor and the health official.

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by udoka55555: 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
Why won't they have lassa fever, when the state itseft is a waste dump.

3 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by ugochukwufrenzy: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
scalamy:
The last time i went to Aba was last year december.. The environment was not friendly at all!!! Infact i pity every resident of that state.. This kind of disease is bound to happen as every where is very dirty and horrible. The question i kept asking till date is; what has the government done so far I came to the conclusion that, Buhari and the northerners are not our problem.. “He who goes to equity must come with a clean hands”. The state Government has failed.. masses have been subjected to the level that you accept shit with all pleasure.. Same government will come tomorrow and have the silly guts to speak publicly for another tenure. I spit on them.. i spit on the state government.. i spit on the local govt.. i spit on politicians!!!!
very true bro...abia is a horrible state...Aba should be the dirtiest city in Nigeria . Abia has never experienced true leadership.its quite sad!!!

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by ugochukwufrenzy: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
udoka55555:
Why won't they have lassa fever, when the state itseft is a waste dump.
lol..funny but true!!!
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by amakablessing(f): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
Convenant modern Academy, Oleme Amaifeke Orlu, IMO State, is in need of qualified teachers in the following field, they include:
1.English language
2.Economics
3.Business Studies
4.French
The pay is very attractive, please call these number, if you are very much qualified and interested, 07039613182.
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ah what are the methods through which Lassa spreads let me protect myself rather die in my sleep than slowly and painfully.
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Reussite: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
I hope they take control of the situation before it gets out of hand.
The state of dirt in Abia must be a huge factor.
Re: Lassa Fever Outbreak: Abia State Government Advises Residents by Legendguru: 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
Oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wonders Of Wonderful Kola / 61 Easy Ways To Lose Weight / COVID-19 Update For March 14 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.