Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (252603 Views)

The Best Way To Avoid Embarrassments From Loan apps / How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by JOSIG: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
Neduzze5:

I was using Branch before but after borrowing and paying back 5k for four good times, they still wanted to give me same 5k on my next request despite my timely payments.

I rejected it, called their office and requested them to close my account with them. They did so and I moved to Paylater now Carbon.

Ever since then, I've had rest of mind. At least Carbon allows you pay monthly unlike Branch where you have to pay at the end of every week.

Did you submit your BVN to Carbon during registration for loan? How safe is it? They are asking for BVN.
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by greensandy: 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
eyinola:
why will u want to fail to pay back the loan even if noting will happen,years back companies like Guiness,and Noble rugs partners with our fathers to set them up in business,all they need at that time it's just a store in which those companies will supply them with goods worth millions of naira without paying a kobo only to pay back after selling and keep the proceeds from the sales,majority of them end up not paying a dime back some went to ijebu for juju so the company that helps them can stop asking for their investment, today if u don't have over 50 million u can't be a major distributor to this company leaving me and u to struggle in setting up a business today. Don't hv d mind of taking loan without paying back

God bless you.
Many Nigerians when given a chance will surely and delibrately abuse it. I don't really understand how our brains are wired. We are our own problem later we will start blaming others.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by JOSIG: 4:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
Neduzze5:

How much did you borrow from that nonsense Branch that you were unable to pay back sef? Branch that finds it hard to give out better money.

@OP, basically there is what we call Credit Reports which is currently been handled and overseen by Credit Bureaus. It's like what we have in advanced countries.

Where you are unable to repay your loan on time, most loan companies give you a lifeline of one month or less.

After that, your BVN, the amount you owe and other details are sent to the Credit Bureaus who then upload it to your report.

It starts to count against you and you may become unable to access loans both from banks and other loan apps until you repay your debt.

As such, always ensure to pay your loans on time. Take loans from better loan companies that give you longer periods of repayment like Carbon, etc.

Did you submit your BVN to Carbon during registration for loan? How safe is it? They are asking for BVN.
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by ICHguy(m): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
I remember collecting 1k loan from Etisalat kiwi cash while in 200level due to brokenness. So I couldn't pay back as at when due, they where just bombarding me with threats messages about reporting to bureau.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
Originalsly:

Hmmmm.......it's a little tin....which you can afford to repay... but prefer to find out if you can cheat the company without consequences. And we wonder why we can't easily get credit and loans.
I guess it's about time I do the needful.
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by tityboi: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Won’t they trace you with information you’ve provided
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by Fa44me: 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hummmmmm, well said. I got 20k from that carbon last year. I was able to pay the first loan, but the second one, hummmm, up till now, l have not been able to balance up. But as far as l'm concerned, l will pay up the debt. It's not not good if one doesn't pay what one owes. Op, God will provide for you to pay your loan.

Neduzze5:

How much did you borrow from that nonsense Branch that you were unable to pay back sef? Branch that finds it hard to give out better money.

@OP, basically there is what we call Credit Reports which is currently been handled and overseen by Credit Bureaus. It's like what we have in advanced countries.

Where you are unable to repay your loan on time, most loan companies give you a lifeline of one month or less.

After that, your BVN, the amount you owe and other details are sent to the Credit Bureaus who then upload it to your report.

It starts to count against you and you may become unable to access loans both from banks and other loan apps until you repay your debt.

As such, always ensure to pay your loans on time. Take loans from better loan companies that give you longer periods of repayment like Carbon, etc.
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by tomdon(m): 4:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
PatrioticNaija:
Naija yoots and short cut.....

If you sincerely know you cant meet up as agreed. Simply contact the facility provider and they can extend the loan tenor. Meaning you will pay more accrued interest for the extra duration of the loan.

But failure to do the above means you are a criminally minded lazyyoot and you can be arrested and prosecuted for failure to liquidate your loan as at when due + attempt to abscond......

Do you think even billionaires are able to meet up loan obligations as at when due?

4 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by merits(m): 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
NaijaDonCast:
Have u borrowed money from MTN before? And refuse to pay then you forgot and finally decide to recharge the line without remembering you had incured debt, the speed at which your 100naira new call card go japa komot for your phone that same thing is applicable to loan
am still owing etisalat then now 9mobile 1k.i didn't pay till date.they nearly finished me with different cajole messages but I remain adamant but I finally neglect the sim and my sim was blocked because of 1k.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by yom2(m): 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
toniblacman:

Well... it's a little tin, but I bet you can't imagine. I'll have to face it now and clean the record. Thanks
OK Abi u be won show the regular naija street stunts before
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by mhizv(f): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Your account is flagged, meaning you can't take loans from order apps.

I think palm credit/pay later deducts what you owe from your account.

The other literally sends messages to your contacts to remind you of your debt grin

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by yom2(m): 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
toniblacman:

shocked Bad man
na d culture.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by yom2(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
itsme01:
just change your ATM card and absolutely nothing would happen except blacklisting you with credit worthiness agency
that's the average mindset u are just letting out. Little wonder the system hardly works. Tomorrow some one like u go blame government or blame oyibo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by yom2(m): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
ossaisly:
Once you get loan, no matter what ,you must pay back. Failure to pay back, they will frustrate you by calling everyone on your contact. After that, they will go on social media. After that, they will locate you and arrest you.

And any amount that you make them spend, you will still bear the cost.

So rethink before you take loan.
leave am. He won extend him yahoo yahoo to that one
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by yom2(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
Coldie:
Nothing I know someone who has borrowed with so many dormant account's with the loan apps yet nothing has happened to him.

Once u register with ur bank and collect the money after some time change ur ATM pin nothing would happen to u even when u put money in ur account they can't withdraw it
OK and u think dey are duns with no sense of accountability?
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
tomdon:

Do you think even billionaires are able to meet up loan obligations as at when due?

Funny question. Meanwhile answer to your question is on my initial post
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by jolomiurenyi(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
OYEDIPE:

No mind am.... But hin get money by data.

Dey here dey make mouth, you think say the thing easy ba? because you dey see free money.
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by obinoral1179(m): 5:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
Neduzze5:

carbon what is their loan interest...
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by walex2(m): 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
mascot87:

Please how can they be removes from playstore? I want to champion that process
Spread the news on social media, and also go to App store ratings to give them 0 rating, no star, your comment will be published on the review section on the Google play store. those guys are agbero who illegally took people privacy information through their Sokoloan APP. and i will advice you if you have given your ATM numbers on their app, go quickly and collect another card. those guys can remove your money at will even after liquidating your loan
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by emezuo17: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
Neduzze5:

I was using Branch before but after borrowing and paying back 5k for four good times, they still wanted to give me same 5k on my next request despite my timely payments.

I rejected it, called their office and requested them to close my account with them. They did so and I moved to Paylater now Carbon.

Ever since then, I've had rest of mind. At least Carbon allows you pay monthly unlike Branch where you have to pay at the end of every week.
. Branch is progressive, I started with 5k a month now they just gave me 40k to pay 52k in two months, so I wonder why you had that problem, another thing is if possible always pay back your loan before the expiration date, it increases your rating.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by Cocolatti(m): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Edoziesmart:
Nothing will happen to you brother.

I'm owing kwikmoney 20k since September 2019.
And I don't intend paying them because there service was not fair to me at all.
I migrated to branch last November and collected 2k from them. Which I even forgot do to busy schedule.
I saw there warning messages yesterday, as I power on the phone number I used to register my bvn and bank related stuff telling me I had unpaid debt of ₦2400.

Anyway I will try and pay branch tonight.

But you see kwikmoney I don't intend paying those people till next 50 years.

Their service was poor and their loan interest was high as I collected this last money.
Imagine paying 28% of ₦20k loan within 14 days. I called to their customer care about the problem and error, and they told me they will rectify it. They refused rectifying it till my loan balance was due for repayment.

That's why I harden my heart to pay them their money.
did they send message to your contacts informing them about the loan?
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by donPhill(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
toniblacman:

It's called 'Branch'
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by omoadeleye(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
Foolish people una go borrow money and no wan pay back na ogun go kill all of una

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
The application will refuse to work,hehehe
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

Carbon is really an asss saver. No need crawling to some friends with stories to borrow. Now, if anyone requests money, I just send them my link to download the app.
carbon don't seem to work in Nigeria, cause they won't let me download the app.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by oshiokpu(m): 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
sugarcoatted:

She didnt spew any rubbish. Cbn has given financial institutions the right to do so.
Yours is worse. Even More ignorance with out any proof..the only way anybody can withdraw money(s) from any of your account(s) is if your debit card(s) was linked to the app and auto withdrawals was enabled by you on the app. However, New lending apps have taken away the initiative to enable auto withdrawals from users making it automatic but if you're fraudulent you can deactivate all your debit cards that was linked or not fund the account. For the regular mfbs and commercial banks, Cheques issued can still be cancelled even after presentation.
The OP only risks damaging his credit worthiness/Rating Because CBN has mandated all credit to be reported on Credit Bureaus viz XDS, First Central, CRC e.t.c

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by SEGLIZ: 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Neduzze5:

can you recommend some other reliable platform that offer this credit facility.
kindly please how does it work?
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by Cutehector(m): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
agarawu23:
kwickmoney is 15% for 14 days. Check below
what is the code
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by mujaya1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
mujaya1:
please help me, i have the same problem, sometime last year my friend collect me a loan of 5k which he stated that is a trader moni by pmb buhari, last last i discover is a loan from rapidcash which at that time i don,t have money to repay my loan later i got the 5k to pay the loan but to my suprice they deduct 9k from my friend account, also they deduct 14k from other account, this put me in fear up to now i never pay they loan, but rapidcash stop sending me message, how should i go about it.
Re: What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? by RALPHOW(m): 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
They will call your contacts to report you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Page1 Updated 19/5/20 Tutorial -Simple Ways I Use To Make Money Online From Home / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. / Football Betting System That Guarantees No Loss Of Bet Capital And Steady Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.